Release date: June 24, 2019
Purchase links: Powerhouse Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £17.99
Notes: Limited to 8000

156_SCUM_slipcase_3D_72dpi_1000px_RGB_transp_720x.png

• Wow
Reactions: Pizzapizza98
INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • 2K restoration from the original negative, newly re-graded and approved by director of photography Phil Méheux
  • Original mono audio
  • Audio commentary with actor Ray Winstone and film critic Nigel Floyd (2006)
  • No Luxuries (2019, 20 mins): actor Mick Ford looks at his character of Archer and his working relationship with director Alan Clarke
  • An Outbreak of Acting (2019, 16 mins): actor Ray Burdis on returning to the role of Eckersley for the feature film
  • Smashing Windows (2019, 12 mins): actor Perry Benson recalls the daily experiences of being on set
  • Continuous Tension (2019, 18 mins): director of photography Phil Méheux analyses the documentary approach of his cinematography
  • Criminal Record (2019, 10 mins): associate producer Martin Campbell on remaking the banned teleplay for the big screen
  • Back to Borstal (2019, 32 mins): executive producer Don Boyd reflects on his efforts to reinvigorate British cinema in the late seventies
  • Concealing the Art (2019, 30 mins): veteran editor Michael Bradsell recalls collaborating with Alan Clarke
  • That Kind of Casting (2019, 22 mins): casting director Esta Charkham on the influence the Anna Scher Theatre had on production
  • Interview with Roy Minton and Clive Parsons (1999, 16 mins): the writer and producer look back on Scum twenty years after its release
  • Interview with Roy Minton (2005, 20 mins)
  • Interview with Davina Belling and Clive Parsons (2005, 9 mins): the producers of Scum discuss its transition from banned teleplay to feature film
  • Interview with Don Boyd (2005, 13 mins)
  • Cast Memories (2005, 17 mins): archival documentary featuring interviews with Phil Daniels, Julian Firth, Mick Ford and David Threlfall
  • Original ‘U’ and ‘X’ certificate theatrical trailers
  • Image gallery: promotional and publicity material
  • New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
  • Limited edition exclusive 80-page book with a new essay by Ashley Clark, recollections from cast and crew members, an archival on-set report by critic Michael Billington, executive producer Michael Relph’s viewing notes, archival interviews with director Alan Clarke, an extract from writer Roy Minton’s novelisation, a look at Mary Whitehouse’s High Court case over the film’s television broadcast, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and film credits
  • Limited edition exclusive double-sided poster
  • Limited Edition of 8,000 copies

Reactions: Grendel
for the price this is a superb set ..the book is really nice quality as is the slipcase and poster...but...........what is the problem with the commentary with ray winstone? it sounds like ray has had his voice slowed down like one of those police informer interviews...other than that the set is well worth the money..

Reactions: Grendel
I have seen some others on BD forum that also happened with

Try contacting powerhouse films to see if they can supply you with a numbered jcard

Not the reply I was hoping for as my H.M.V has none left in stock and really its really not
the responsibility of H.M.V but powerhouse to check their items before shipping. Very poor service I.M.O.O

"Dear Gavin

You will have to take it back to HMV for a replacement. They should not have any box sets that are not numbered. It is their responsibility to give you a numbered version.

I will email you from Powerhouse films if you need a back up email.

Debs"

Not the reply I was hoping for as my H.M.V has none left in stock and really its really not
the responsibility of H.M.V but powerhouse to check their items before shipping. Very poor service I.M.O.O

"Dear Gavin

You will have to take it back to HMV for a replacement. They should not have any box sets that are not numbered. It is their responsibility to give you a numbered version.

I will email you from Powerhouse films if you need a back up email.

Debs"
That's unusual for powerhouse as their customer service is usually very good especially in regards to previous replacement discs that was done on some releases.

It was powerhouse that supplied HMV the stock they sold
HMV I doubt would be looking at the jcards to see if numbered or not
Some who ordered direct from powerhouse had same issue received jcard blank not numbered so powerhouse would been aware about some stock not been numbered.

Your contract of sale though is with HMV
Have you asked HMV to check is any of their stores have any stock

That's unusual for powerhouse as their customer service is usually very good especially in regards to previous replacement discs that was done on some releases.

It was powerhouse that supplied HMV the stock they sold
HMV I doubt would be looking at the jcards to see if numbered or not
Some who ordered direct from powerhouse had same issue received jcard blank not numbered so powerhouse would been aware about some stock not been numbered.

Your contract of sale though is with HMV
Have you asked HMV to check is any of their stores have any stock

I was going to but after they told me they had none in stock and I would have to go back again it will end up costing me more in bus fare than the price of the actual item lol

• Haha
Reactions: paulboland
Powerhouse Films Website sale
£9.99

£9.99

Cheers for the heads up..

£9.99

Nice set, bargain.

Reactions: paulboland