Se7en (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Ultimate Collector's Edition/What's in the Box?! Special Edition) [UK]

Flloydo

That's not a skirt girl, that's a sawn off shotgun
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Ur mum
Release date: TBA
Purchase links: Collectors's Edition - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop UK - What's in the Box?! Special Edition - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop UK
Price: £44.99 (Collectors Edition) - £79.99 (What's in the Box?! Special Edition)
Notes: What's in the Box?! Special Edition is a UK/Ireland Exclusive

81ONt6i2snL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81LPYorGJZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Collectors edition contents
  • Film on 4K UHD and Blu-Ray
  • Steelbook (Design TBC)
  • Slipcase (Design TBC)
  • John Doe 38-Page Booklet
  • 7x Deadly Sin Crime Scene Art Cards
  • Double-Sided A3 Poster
  • 'Help Me' Glow-in-the-Dark Art Card
  • Investigation Chalkboard Art Card

What’s in the box edition contents:
  • Film on 4K UHD and Blu-Ray
  • Steelbook (Design TBC)
  • Box Packaging (Design TBC)
  • John Doe 38-Page Booklet
  • Frosted Pine LITTLE TREES Brand Air Freshener
  • 7x Deadly Sin Comic Books
  • 7x Deadly Sin Crime Scene Art Cards
  • Double-Sided A3 Poster
  • “Help Me” Glow-in-the-Dark Art Card
  • Investigation Chalkboard Art Card
  • Numbered Sticker of Authenticity

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I think the German one is oop.
They are both 2k upscales- since the DI was 2k.
It is, but not that it's stopped it being a noticeably superior disc to the old blu-ray. I really wouldn't read into all that upscale fear mongering morons post all the time. It's mostly BS. There are plenty of worthwhile 4K discs out there derived from a 2K DI.

It is, but not that it's stopped it being a noticeably superior disc to the old blu-ray. I really wouldn't read into all that upscale fear mongering morons post all the time. It's mostly BS. There are plenty of worthwhile 4K discs out there derived from a 2K DI.
Especially when the film is shot digitally, proper 4K scan essential from film though.

I always use Pacific Rim as an example of this which looks ******* amazing.

Reactions: Retro Parrot
Exactly that. As do I. It's something you can't substantiate the gains by branding it "an upscale".
Certainly, a great 2K source can lend itself to a terrific 4k upscale. But, it is (literally) an upscale. It was finished as a 2k DI.
But, a good chunk of the first 4K discs that were shot digitally are 2k upscales. (Using a digital pipeline higher than 2k only became more commonplace in the last few years).
I know there are viewers that focus on this a little too much. (I have always maintained that the real revolution is not the resolution bump, but the expansion of the color gamut with HDR and Dolby Vision).

Certainly, a great 2K source can lend itself to a terrific 4k upscale. But, it is (literally) an upscale. It was finished as a 2k DI.
But, a good chunk of the first 4K discs that were shot digitally are 2k upscales. (Using a digital pipeline higher than 2k only became more commonplace in the last few years).
I know there are viewers that focus on this a little too much. (I have always maintained that the real revolution is not the resolution bump, but the expansion of the color gamut with HDR and Dolby Vision).
I know it is literally is an upscale, but that term has a stigma attached to it that diminishes it's worth. "Oh, just an upscale, no point". It's almost as bad as that "fake 4k" moniker that went around for ages. It's just Internet sheep BS that clueless people focus on way to much.

The gains can only be appreciated by watching something, not by theorising over the technicalities and writing it off before you've begun. Particularly as there are plenty of native 4K content that looks way worse due to poor source or mastering, yet it's prases are sung before it's seen.

I agree though, the WCG and HDR typically has a much bigger impact than the resolution bump, particularly when we're talking about a relatively "new" blu-ray as a comparison.

Reactions: leelee17