Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Lenticular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
Dec 2, 2014
UK, China
Release date: September 17th, 2015(Pre-order date at August 27th, 2015)
Price: TBC
Purchase links: Fullslip: http://www.kimchidvd.com/en/good/goods.jsp?good_seq=20773
Lenticular: http://www.kimchidvd.com/en/good/goods.jsp?good_seq=20774
Note: Announced on the Blu Collection's FB page. And it has been confirmed that this title will be released as The Blu Collection limited edition No. 06.

Fullslip Version:
image.jpg

IMG_2365.JPG
IMG_2366.JPG
IMG_2367.JPG

Lenticular Version:
image.jpg

IMG_2362.JPG
IMG_2363.JPG

11750701_464841073696979_6595212744236622549_n-2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sorry. I still can't figure out what's going on with this release. I see 4 what look like 4 amray different covers. Is the artwork reversible and each release gets two (reversible) covers, equaling four different possible configurations?

Is the only difference between the two versions (lenti and full slip), the outer packaging... the lento and the full slip itself? And both release come with all 4 Amray covers?
Answer 15 messages above on this page ;)

Information from Kimchi FB: to have the poster we have to email Tony to ask it and he will charge the shipping to send it separatly.

Nova handle it like this:

* The Poster folded will be shipped. (If you want ti get the original poster in tube, you have to pay the additional charge)
(E-mail address : [email protected])

Same thing with Kimchi (as stated on FB as well as item detail page): ;)

"The Poster folded will be shipped. (If you want to get the original poster in tube, you have to pay the additional charge)
(E mail address : [email protected])"

Answer 15 messages above on this page ;)

Yeah, I don't know what interchangable "sleeves" are and I don't have a copy of Melencholia to compare against. I read the posts, did not understand them, and asked for an explanation. Yours didn't help.

Had no idea the lenticular would be a slipcover, not a lenticular slipbox. It looks okay I guess, but I think slipboxes are much better.

So that's disappointing. Maybe I would have ordered the full slip, had I known about this before.

It's... ok. There's things I really like about this release, as well as things that bug me.

What I like:
  • It's a cool design with the side box thing. The colours and the materials are all great too.
  • The art they've chosen is fantastic. I especially love the Amaray art.
  • That folded corner on the back cover of the booklet!
What bugs me:
  • The movie title is featured in three different languages (which is a bit overkill), but predominately in Korean. The font they've used for it is really uninteresting compared to the original Chinese and the cursive English. It also kinda gives the impression this is a Korean movie, which it isn't.
  • The booklet is all pictures, which is both a good and a bad. But considering all the Blu Collection booklets have had such extensive text, it's a shame there's nothing for this one.
  • The extras aren't particularly exciting.
  • Compared to all the other Blu Collection releases, there's just something lacking...
I took the photos on the fly, so they're a bit meh. Should also mention that It doesn't come through in my photos, but the text on the spine is in silver foil.

*Also, the last page of the booklet with the class photo is a major spoiler, although if you can't read Chinese it probably doesn't matter*

uvopWeX.jpg

rj4vJaU.jpg

0vVPzvx.jpg

eZIuOhm.jpg

yONOMuC.jpg

ZaWFNuS.jpg

GumLJCl.jpg

nUvIWae.jpg

daRurQv.jpg

Hfa9tpc.jpg

by6nriq.jpg
1fBw7ca.jpg