Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Lenticular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
Dec 2, 2014
UK, China
Release date: September 17th, 2015(Pre-order date at August 27th, 2015)
Price: TBC
Purchase links: Fullslip: http://www.kimchidvd.com/en/good/goods.jsp?good_seq=20773
Lenticular: http://www.kimchidvd.com/en/good/goods.jsp?good_seq=20774
Note: Announced on the Blu Collection's FB page. And it has been confirmed that this title will be released as The Blu Collection limited edition No. 06.

Fullslip Version:
image.jpg

IMG_2365.JPG
IMG_2366.JPG
IMG_2367.JPG

Lenticular Version:
image.jpg

IMG_2362.JPG
IMG_2363.JPG

11750701_464841073696979_6595212744236622549_n-2.jpg

Last edited:
There's already a D'ailly exclusive for this in Korea, why would they choose to do another?
BLU collection means, I have to buy it :whistle:. It could actually turn out better than the other one.

@Futurhythm ^

There's already a D'ailly exclusive for this in Korea, why would they choose to do another?
BLU collection means, I have to buy it :whistle:. It could actually turn out better than the other one.

This is a different movie. The one from D'ailly is a Japanese movie, while this one's a Taiwanese production. Without giving too much away, it's a high school romance (but there is a twist). It was kind of a big deal amongst Chinese audiences when it first came out because it was the directorial debut of Jay Chou (simplifying it a bit, but he's sorta like the Chinese-language Kanye) who is a massive, massive star. He's also the guy who played Kato in the Seth Rogen Green Hornet, and the lead in the Initial D live action.

It's ok, but not great. It's somehow both a bit too precious and a bit too edgy in my opinion. Chou isn't a very good actor and his whole weirdo sensitive artist thing works when it's his public persona as a musician, but not so much on screen as a character. It is a pretty movie though, and it has a nice soundtrack (people who go gaga for piano might get a kick out of it). In hindisight, being neither a big Jay Chou fan or a girl in high school with high school problems, I probably wasn't exactly the target audience for the movie.

This is a different movie. The one from D'ailly is a Japanese movie, while this one's a Taiwanese production. Without giving too much away, it's a high school romance (but there is a twist). It was kind of a big deal amongst Chinese audiences when it first came out because it was the directorial debut of Jay Chou (simplifying it a bit, but he's sorta like the Chinese-language Kanye) who is a massive, massive star. He's also the guy who played Kato in the Seth Rogen Green Hornet, and the lead in the Initial D live action.

It's ok, but not great. It's somehow both a bit too precious and a bit too edgy in my opinion. Chou isn't a very good actor and his whole weirdo sensitive artist thing works when it's his public persona as a musician, but not so much on screen as a character. It is a pretty movie though, and it has a nice soundtrack (people who go gaga for piano might get a kick out of it). In hindisight, being neither a big Jay Chou fan or a girl in high school with high school problems, I probably wasn't exactly the target audience for the movie.
Not a big fan of Jay Chou either, but considered Secret was the first movie that he directed, I would say he done a rather good job. I too agree that he's more talented in Music. He really is an average actor imo.
And this movie was a big hit in Mainland China and Taiwan due to Jay Chou's huge fanbase.

Reactions: Futurhythm

Oh really? My mistake then. I was wondering why they'd do the same movie. I'll check it out regardless. Thanks for the spoiler-free info :thumbs:

It appears that the blu collection might release two different version of this. OP updated with new pics.
Damn really? These guys gonna start doing this too? Oh our poor wallets! I don't know if I wanna double dip on these. Right now I like the top pic (Art A?) better than the other...

Damn really? These guys gonna start doing this too? Oh our poor wallets! I don't know if I wanna double dip on these. Right now I like the top pic (Art A?) better than the other...
I also don't understand why they would start to release multiple versions.
Type A should be fullslip, while type B looks like to be lenticular one. And btw the OST is not included due to high licensing fee:(

• Helpful Post
Reactions: AlienKing
I also don't understand why they would start to release multiple versions.
Type A should be fullslip, while type B looks like to be lenticular one. And btw the OST is not included due to high licensing fee:(
Ah shucks! If its lenticular then I want that as well :arghh: Choices, choices...:greedy:

Ah shucks! If its lenticular then I want that as well :arghh: Choices, choices...:greedy:
Just get both.
I am really into the blu collection right now, especially their limited edition line(And I managed to find them all!). I still can't figure out why they are not as popular as PA or Nova.

Just get both.
I am really into the blu collection right now, especially their limited edition line(And I managed to find them all!). I still can't figure out why they are not as popular as PA or Nova.
Did you find Attila Marcel? :OMG: That's the only one I'm missing from my Blu collection. If you do find one let another ninja know!!!

The non-lenti looks gorgeous... at least I assume that one isn't the lenticular. Also from the mockup it up be a two-layered slipbox with one box inside of another one. Notice how the blue part is larger than the brown bit with the title and casts a shadow.

Reactions: Chenhao
The non-lenti looks gorgeous... at least I assume that one isn't the lenticular. Also from the mockup it up be a two-layered slipbox with one box inside of another one. Notice how the blue part is larger than the brown bit with the title and casts a shadow.
Interesting, didn't notice that. Looking forward to actual pics now.

Just get both.

I think PA and Nova have done more fan friendly steelbooks thus the larger following. I haven't seen many of the films released by TBC, but their stuff looks nice and of great quality. (I do own the Eternal Sunshine full slip)
I'll be picking up God Help the Girl if and when that sees a release. But it's too late to start jumping in now with how hard it is to find some of the others that have sold out already.
I wish they'd get going on the Whiplash project though... It's been too long!

Reactions: djjez83 and Chenhao
I think PA and Nova have done more fan friendly steelbooks thus the larger following. I haven't seen many of the films released by TBC, but their stuff looks nice and of great quality. (I do own the Eternal Sunshine full slip)
I'll be picking up God Help the Girl if and when that sees a release. But it's too late to start jumping in now with how hard it is to find some of the others that have sold out already.
I wish they'd get going on the Whiplash project though... It's been too long!
I like that abbreviation: TBC:)
I am only collecting their limited edition line at the moment which makes things relatively easier. But I do own In the House and Young and Beautiful from them, both are just beautiful.

Reactions: sminister