Amazon US
Amazon CA
Amazon UK
Amazon DE
Amazon FR

81xogKmANSL._SL1500_.jpg71VsnpPHpIL._AC_.jpg

Source: DualShockers
segamegadrive2-ds1-1340x1340.png
Sega Japan confirmed tons of information on the upcoming mini consoles. First, that for the US the Mega Drive would be branded as the Genesis. There will be 40 games in total, with 10 of them already revealed (and listed before), and the system will release on September 19th globally.

There will be two versions of the minis, each with two price points: 6980円 (about $70) for the one controller version and 8980円 (about $90) for the two controller version. The controllers themselves will be USB-based with six buttons on the Japanese version and three buttons on the Western version.

The Mega Drive/Genesis mini will support save states, a very welcome addition that will make playing these classic titles a little less stressful. It was also confirmed during the livestream that Sega Ages developer M2 would be handling the software for the MegaDrive/Genesis mini.

And for the Western release:

• Altered Beast
  • Castlevania Bloodlines
  • Comix Zone
  • Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine
  • Ecco the Dolphin
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Shining Force
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Space Harrier 2
  • Toejam & Earl
segagenesismini.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else pick this up? Just got mine last night and had an hour or so on it... was instantly transported back to my friend's room (I never owned the console myself) when we were kids. Even just hearing the music from some of the games made me feel really nostalgic, more so than the SNES mini did. Excited to try out some more games later today!

I would have but I bought a Mega SD as I'm a huge Mega CD fan (and I already have a Mega SG so really don't need to get this), I may still pick up a Mega Drive mini at some point though as:
A. The Mega Drive is the ultimate console
B. Its an official Sega product
C. I'm a sucker for mini consoles
D. It has Earthworm Jim and I will support EWJ however I can (including the upcoming Intellivision Amico)

Really glad you are enjoying it though, the Mega Drive should be enjoyed by all and the mini has a really decent selection to offer

Anyone else pick this up? Just got mine last night and had an hour or so on it... was instantly transported back to my friend's room (I never owned the console myself) when we were kids. Even just hearing the music from some of the games made me feel really nostalgic, more so than the SNES mini did. Excited to try out some more games later today!
Yeah the music does it for me mate :thumbs: Brings me back to a time of no worries or stress:LOL::whistle:

Great little package and we'll worth the money in my eyes for both us oldies ( as my boy puts it:whistle:) and newer gamers that never had the pleasure of playing or owning one before.

Reactions: harry and Noodles