Amazon US
Amazon CA
Amazon UK
Amazon DE
Amazon FR

81xogKmANSL._SL1500_.jpg71VsnpPHpIL._AC_.jpg

Source: DualShockers
segamegadrive2-ds1-1340x1340.png
Sega Japan confirmed tons of information on the upcoming mini consoles. First, that for the US the Mega Drive would be branded as the Genesis. There will be 40 games in total, with 10 of them already revealed (and listed before), and the system will release on September 19th globally.

There will be two versions of the minis, each with two price points: 6980円 (about $70) for the one controller version and 8980円 (about $90) for the two controller version. The controllers themselves will be USB-based with six buttons on the Japanese version and three buttons on the Western version.

The Mega Drive/Genesis mini will support save states, a very welcome addition that will make playing these classic titles a little less stressful. It was also confirmed during the livestream that Sega Ages developer M2 would be handling the software for the MegaDrive/Genesis mini.

And for the Western release:

• Altered Beast
  • Castlevania Bloodlines
  • Comix Zone
  • Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine
  • Ecco the Dolphin
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Shining Force
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Space Harrier 2
  • Toejam & Earl
segagenesismini.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty interesting watch as it shows the Mini console in all its glory, plus gameplay of the included games...

Speaking of which... here's the full list of games!
  • Ecco the Dolphin
  • Castlevania: Bloodlines
  • Space Harrier 2
  • Shining Force
  • Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
  • Toe Jam & Earl
  • Comix Zone
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Altered Beast
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • Earthworm Jim
  • Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
  • World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck
  • Thunder Force III
  • Super Fantasy Zone
  • Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
  • Streets of Rage 2
  • Contra Hard Corps
  • Landstalker
  • Mega Man: The Wily Wars
  • Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition
  • Sonic Spinball
  • Phantasy Star IV
  • Beyond Oasis
  • Ghouls 'N Ghosts
  • Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
  • Golden Axe
  • Vectorman
  • Wonder Boy in Monster World
  • Tetris
  • Darius
  • Virtua Fighter 2
  • Alisia Dragoon
  • Monster World IV
  • Kid Chameleon
  • Road Rash II
  • Eternal Champions
  • Columns
  • Dynamite Headdy
  • Strider
  • Light Crusader

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Speaking of which... here's the full list of games!
  • Ecco the Dolphin
  • Castlevania: Bloodlines
  • Space Harrier 2
  • Shining Force
  • Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
  • Toe Jam & Earl
  • Comix Zone
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Altered Beast
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • Earthworm Jim
  • Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
  • World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck
  • Thunder Force III
  • Super Fantasy Zone
  • Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
  • Streets of Rage 2
  • Contra Hard Corps
  • Landstalker
  • Mega Man: The Wily Wars
  • Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition
  • Sonic Spinball
  • Phantasy Star IV
  • Beyond Oasis
  • Ghouls 'N Ghosts
  • Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
  • Golden Axe
  • Vectorman
  • Wonder Boy in Monster World
  • Tetris
  • Darius
  • Virtua Fighter 2
  • Alisia Dragoon
  • Monster World IV
  • Kid Chameleon
  • Road Rash II
  • Eternal Champions
  • Columns
  • Dynamite Headdy
  • Strider
  • Light Crusader
Excellent list of some right classics :) . Wonder if the old cheat combos will still work for these haha

What are those exactly? I never used add-ons for mine... hell, I didn't even know they existed back then lol.
The bottom item was the mega CD which from memory wasn't actually that good and never really took off.

th-2.jpeg

The other looks like to be the 32X which I don't think we're ever available for the Megadrive over here it was only out for the Genesis.

cb95d23f2a9bb83469e2406841da9526.jpg

I remember having it on a genesis that I had at the time as there was a shop near me that used to sell a ton of import items.

Reactions: Noodles
The bottom item was the mega CD which from memory wasn't actually that good and never really took off.

View attachment 431030

:offtopic:

The Mega CD was an under appreciated miracle of a machine, hopefully they do make a working Mega CD mini at some point

I never had a 32X but i remember them being around in the UK for the brief time they were available

Pretty decent list of games on this Mini, got a couple of my wishes so no complaints from me (except having to buy the 6-button pads separately)

• Thanks
Reactions: Robles

View attachment 431030

The other looks like to be the 32X which I don't think we're ever available for the Megadrive over here it was only out for the Genesis.

View attachment 431031

I remember having it on a genesis that I had at the time as there was a shop near me that used to sell a ton of import items.
What was their purpose though? They certainly don't look very attractive all layered together like that lol.

it's a great game!!!
cant believe it that I played this game 24 years ago ...time flies :(
It sure does, unfortunately.

We must be around the same age though, because 24 years ago is roughly when I played most of these games too... I'm guessing by the 86 in your username that it's the year you were born? Me too if so. ;)

...and I totally just had a deja vu writing that, so apologies if it's something I've asked before. :p

• Thanks
Reactions: tha_lunatic
It sure does, unfortunately.

We must be around the same age though, because 24 years ago is roughly when I played most of these games too... I'm guessing by the 86 in your username that it's the year you were born? Me too if so. ;)

...and I totally just had a deja vu writing that, so apologies if it's something I've asked before. :p
yep, I was born in 1986.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles

The Mega CD was an under appreciated miracle of a machine, hopefully they do make a working Mega CD mini at some point

I never had a 32X but i remember them being around in the UK for the brief time they were available

Pretty decent list of games on this Mini, got a couple of my wishes so no complaints from me (except having to buy the 6-button pads separately)

32X was available in Belgium back in the days.

Sega never really did themselves any favors with either of these extras.

First off the MCD never really had any real in-depth games and I remember at the time so many people would complain about this, considering the format was now on a disc and could hold so much more info than the cartridge, also the price was quite high for simply an add on.

This didn't go on sale over in the UK for nearly 2 years after its initial release abroad and there had already been rumors at that time of a next-gen sega console on the cards.

Then the release of the 32x came about, also quite pricey for what it was with no games available for it when it was released.

I remember at the time having an imported Genesis and getting one for it and tbh didn't remember one coming out for Europe as there wasn't much hype for it at the time due to the fact that most into gaming at this point knew off the release of Saturn which was just around the corner, why on earth sega released it to Europe only a few months before the release of the Saturn still to this days baffles most.

Both the MCD and 32X could have been huge if the support and timing were correct and this is more than likely why now sega are nowhere to be seen on the console front.

Reactions: hoppusdelonge