Amazon US
Amazon CA
Amazon UK
Amazon DE
Amazon FR

81xogKmANSL._SL1500_.jpg71VsnpPHpIL._AC_.jpg

Source: DualShockers
segamegadrive2-ds1-1340x1340.png
Sega Japan confirmed tons of information on the upcoming mini consoles. First, that for the US the Mega Drive would be branded as the Genesis. There will be 40 games in total, with 10 of them already revealed (and listed before), and the system will release on September 19th globally.

There will be two versions of the minis, each with two price points: 6980円 (about $70) for the one controller version and 8980円 (about $90) for the two controller version. The controllers themselves will be USB-based with six buttons on the Japanese version and three buttons on the Western version.

The Mega Drive/Genesis mini will support save states, a very welcome addition that will make playing these classic titles a little less stressful. It was also confirmed during the livestream that Sega Ages developer M2 would be handling the software for the MegaDrive/Genesis mini.

And for the Western release:

• Altered Beast
  • Castlevania Bloodlines
  • Comix Zone
  • Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine
  • Ecco the Dolphin
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Shining Force
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Space Harrier 2
  • Toejam & Earl
segagenesismini.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: harry
Damn there are quite a few id like to see :thumbs:

Golden Axe
Alex Kidd
Shinobi
Kid Chameleon
Dynamite Headdy
Outrun

The list could go on, at one point I was wanting to pick up an old Megadrive but some of the games are quite expensive so I gave it a miss, but this looks great :D

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and Noodles
Damn there are quite a few id like to see :thumbs:

Golden Axe
Alex Kidd
Shinobi
Kid Chameleon
Dynamite Headdy
Outrun

The list could go on, at one point I was wanting to pick up an old Megadrive but some of the games are quite expensive so I gave it a miss, but this looks great :D
Ohh I forgot about Golden Axe and Alex Kidd! Not sure if I ever played any of the others... think I may have tried Outrun at an arcade once though.

Reactions: Robles
the Mega Drive versions always looked better than the SNES version ...I guess two different teams were involved.

games I would like to see on the Mega Drive Mini:

Light Crusader
Maximum Carnage
Wolverine: Adamantium Rage
Mortal Kombat 2
Super Street Fighter 2
X-Men 2: Clone Wars
Contra: Hard Corps
Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist
Tiny Toons Adventures: Buster's Hidde Treasure
Earthworm Jim
The Adventures of Batman & Robin
Rocket Knight Adventure
Aladdin
Vectorman

the Mega Drive versions always looked better than the SNES version ...I guess two different teams were involved.

games I would like to see on the Mega Drive Mini:

Light Crusader
Maximum Carnage
Wolverine: Adamantium Rage
Mortal Kombat 2
Super Street Fighter 2
X-Men 2: Clone Wars
Contra: Hard Corps
Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist
Tiny Toons Adventures: Buster's Hidde Treasure
Earthworm Jim
The Adventures of Batman & Robin
Rocket Knight Adventure
Aladdin
Vectorman
How could I forget TMNT?!

Yea this will be an official one as opposed to the ATgames endorsed consoles of the past. They said the other titles will be revealed closer to the time. Sega however have been asking their customers for which titles they want to appear in the machines

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
The Save states will be a very welcomed addition :whistle: Lost count of how many times I nearly had a meltdown on some of these games as a kid:spoil::rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles
I've just got the Analogue Mega SG but as the Mega Drive (Genesis for you US folks) is my first and favourite console I may still be suckered into getting one :drool:

Would be nice to get the Megaman Wily Wars collection on there as that is a ridiculously expensive title to get

Outside the obvious Sonic 1-3 including Knuckles, Streets of rage 1-3 and so on I would personally absolutely love to see:
Earthworm Jim 1 (although the Mage CD version is he best of all)
Earthworm Jim 2
Cannon Fodder
Sunset riders
Rocket knight adventures
Street fighter 2 (I always preferred the Mega drive bass sound over the SNES version, but it would need the 6 button controller)
Zombies ate my neighbours
Flashback
Theme park
General chaos
Micro machines '96
Ren and Stimpy: Stimpy's invention
Tiny toons acme all stars
Speedball 2
Batman (1989 movie version)
Micky mania (Mega CD version is the best again but the Mega Drive version is still ace)

Its great to see Castlevania on there as that's a great game

• Thanks
Reactions: Robles and Noodles
I've just got the Analogue Mega SG but as the Mega Drive (Genesis for you US folks) is my first and favourite console I may still be suckered into getting one :drool:

Would be nice to get the Megaman Wily Wars collection on there as that is a ridiculously expensive title to get

Outside the obvious Sonic 1-3 including Knuckles, Streets of rage 1-3 and so on I would personally absolutely love to see:
Earthworm Jim 2
Cannon Fodder
Sunset riders
Rocket knight adventures
Street fighter 2 (I always preferred the Mega drive bass sound over the SNES version, but it would need the 6 button controller)
Flashback
Theme park
General chaos
Micro machines '96
Speedball 2
Micky mania (Mega CD version is the best again but the Mega Drive version is still ace)

Oh man, so many classics I'd completely forgotten about -- Theme Park, Micro Machines, Batman... yes please!

Reactions: navydavey
I'm actually REALLY looking forward to this! First time in a while that I've been excited for anything gaming related. :wacky:

Reactions: bloodsnake007

Earthworm Jim 2
Cannon Fodder
Sunset riders
Rocket knight adventures
Flashback
Theme park
General chaos
Micro machines '96
Speedball 2

Oh mate you have so many good classics there that id forgotten all about.

Ill 100% be picking one of these up, my two kids are huge in gaming and I think they will love it :thumbs:
Aladdin gave me so much gamerage though... same goes for most old school Disney games actually. :angry: :p

Oh don't mate I remember this game, my sister got it and I ended up playing it as she wasn't really into gaming at the time she just wanted it cos it was Disney. I remember many a Rage quit over this :whistle:

Kids nowadays will never understand the days of no saves:rolleyes::D

• Thanks
  • Haha
Reactions: harry and Noodles