Cancelled Selfie (Season 1) [ABC]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
10665315_359886020832523_4656362127287244769_n.jpg

Starring: Karen Gillan (Doctor Who, Guardians of the Galaxy), John Cho (Star Trek, Harold and Kumar), Da'Vine Joy Randolph (The Angriest Man in Brooklyn), Allyn Rachel (Weeds), and David Harewood (Homeland).

"Instafamous" Eliza Dooley (Gillan) has 263,000 followers who hang on to her every post, tweet and selfie. But one lonely day, she has a revelation: being friended is not the same as having actual friends. She asks marketing guru Henry (Cho) to 'rebrand' her self-obsessed reputation and teach her how to connect with people in the real world.

Loosely based on "My Fair Lady," "Selfie" explores the modern struggles of Eliza and Henry, as he tries to teach her how to live life offline--whether she ‘likes' it or not.

Attachments

• selfie.jpg
    selfie.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 134
Last edited by a moderator:
@dboy99 I watched it with my wife. She really enjoyed it. So i'm going to give it a shot and keep watching with her. Not the worst thing ever.

I caught this the other night. I actually enjoyed it and laughed a few times. Reminded me of Confessions of a Shopaholic with selfies instead of shoes (my wife will enjoy this). John Cho's reaction to Facebook was funny because that's my Dad every single time he's on Facebook. Overall, I liked it and I'll keep watching it. I love Karen Gillan, too. :)

I caught this the other night. I actually enjoyed it and laughed a few times. Reminded me of Confessions of a Shopaholic with selfies instead of shoes (my wife will enjoy this). John Cho's reaction to Facebook was funny because that's my Dad every single time he's on Facebook. Overall, I liked it and I'll keep watching it. I love Karen Gillan, too. :)
i watched the second episode and Cho carries this show.Karen is kinda funny in a her own way, but Cho and the Lactating Fetish was pure gold.I have to find the first episode online somewhere and catchup.

Just watched this again with my wife. We were both laughing. I'll definitely stick with this show. Hopefully that doesn't mean it'll be canned.

Reactions: kaw
Just watched this again with my wife. We were both laughing. I'll definitely stick with this show. Hopefully that doesn't mean it'll be canned.
chances are high.Lots of sites and reviewers never gave the show a chance and destroyed it because of it's pilot , so lots of people won't even give it a try.I think if it makes a full season then the second season will see some growth.