Multi Shadow of the Tomb Raider (2018)

C.C. 95

The Snarky Assassin
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2014
The Land, OHIO - U.S.A.
Released: September 14, 2018
Platforms: PS4, XB1, PC
Purchase: Pre-order will be available on April 27.

shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-art.jpg
shadow_of_the_tomb_raider_dock_icon_by_outlawninja-dca86xn.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Noodles
Well I had a chance to play about an hour so far and I have to say it's really fun playing it. The graphics are really nice. As for the mechanics, I just had to get use to them is all. With my XBOX One Elite controller... WOW!- Sweet as it makes everything so much easier to play. I like it so far. Well worth the money imho.
@C.C. 95

Reactions: C.C. 95
Excellent! Thanks for the update @AcIDc0r3 !:thumbs:
One and two were some of the best adventure stuff I have ever played. I'd say Part 1 is up there with GoW 3 for most fun adventure.
Just got SoTR today! Looking forward to plugging in!
BTW- the nice thing is- once you know the controls- they will be the same ones in the other two - so you can plug in TR and RotTR and just go!
(No learning curve when you get the other 2)

Excellent! Thanks for the update @AcIDc0r3 !:thumbs:
One and two were some of the best adventure stuff I have ever played. I'd say Part 1 is up there with GoW 3 for most fun adventure.
Just got SoTR today! Looking forward to plugging in!
BTW- the nice thing is- once you know the controls- they will be the same ones in the other two - so you can plug in TR and RotTR and just go!
(No learning curve when you get the other 2)
Just checked and RoTR is actually still $60 on Steam, I mean damn, it came out in the beginning of 2016 and it's still that price. Although I can still get a recycled key for it for $22 on Kinguin, actually half my Steam games I bought from Kinguin. I might give that a try. Thanks :D

Just checked and RoTR is actually still $60 on Steam, I mean damn, it came out in the beginning of 2016 and it's still that price. Although I can still get a recycled key for it for $22 on Kinguin, actually half my Steam games I bought from Kinguin. I might give that a try. Thanks :D
If you bought 1&2 on ebay for Xbone or PS4 they would be around $20 apiece.

I love the graphics on my PC too much to do that, besides I don't think I'm going to get the first Tomb Raider anyway.
Why? It's (slightly) better than RotTR - (and obviously I can't say how it compares to SotTR).
And if you play console on 4K TV (with upconversion) it looks incredible. (No PC needed!)

Why? It's (slightly) better than RotTR - (and obviously I can't say how it compares to SotTR).
And if you play console on 4K TV (with upconversion) it looks incredible. (No PC needed!)
I don't have the 4K TV yet though, besides my computer is a freakin' monster when it comes to performance. I just prefer PC games over console, PC will always look better than console. I might get the first TR, I mean it is only $20 on Steam or $10 on Kinguin so just might.

I don't have the 4K TV yet though, besides my computer is a freakin' monster when it comes to performance. I just prefer PC games over console, PC will always look better than console. I might get the first TR, I mean it is only $20 on Steam or $10 on Kinguin so just might.
Well I did it, got them both for $32 on Kinguin and applied them to my Steam account. Now I can play them all. :)

Your right, these games are loads of fun! :D
Glad you are having fun!:thumbs:
They really are great if you love adventure. There is nothing better than raiding a tomb and figuring out the puzzles!
It's the closest any games get to Indiana Jones-style adventure. (Yes, Uncharted is good- but it is in a totally different style - less decision making and more hand holding, and leading you by the nose in those games).
Glad you are digging it!!
You are gonna end up doing it backwards!:rofl: (Which is fine. But funny. I kid you not - in the 80's I saw ROCKY 3 first, ROCKY II second, and then ROCKY! It just happened that way:LOL: which is extra bad, because the beginning of every Rocky movie is the finale of the one before! So instant spoilage! So you're gonna end up doing TR 3,2,1 !:LOL:)
If it is anything like RotTR - I'll just say "look out for the damn wolves" ! Those guys were a pain in the butt in the last game!

Reactions: Lone Crusader
(Yes, Uncharted is good- but it is in a totally different style - less decision making and more hand holding, and leading you by the nose in those games)
I've heard of it but I never knew what it was about.
So you're gonna end up doing TR 3,2,1 !:LOL:)
Actually, I stopped playing SoTR and started at the beginning.
If it is anything like RotTR - I'll just say "look out for the damn wolves" ! Those guys were a pain in the butt in the last game!
I played RoTR up until I had to kill the bear. Damn! What a pain in the a$$! Wolves usually travel in packs so I can only imagine how tough they are.

I've heard of it but I never knew what it was about.

Actually, I stopped playing SoTR and started at the beginning.

I played RoTR up until I had to kill the bear. Damn! What a pain in the a$$! Wolves usually travel in packs so I can only imagine how tough they are.
Are you playing a little bit of each game?!:rofl: Playing Buffet-style?!:LOL:
Yes - the bear in RotTR was....well, a bear!
That's great that you are starting from 1. Are you just gonna do a massive marathon?!
They are extremely hard to put down! The next-level-itis is huge.
I actually should go back and play from the start again! I think it has been long enough that part 1 will feel fresh again.
I DO remember how pissed I was when RotTR was exclusive and I had to wait an extra 12 months to play it. (The only Upside was that it had all the trimmings by the time it got to PS4 - effectively a Goty edition).
I just love the mechanics of the game. The HUD, the crafting, the fast travel - it all feels very smooth and organic.

*Uncharted started as a knockoff of TR - then (some argue) TR borrowed a bit from from Uncharted after. They definitely work in the same side of the street... Both great series- but TR (to me) has much more freedom, and feels less like you are being forced in certain directions. Sometimes Uncharted games felt like David Cage type games where you could not venture off the beaten path. But, if you love TR - chances are you would love Uncharted as well.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Are you playing a little bit of each game?!:rofl: Playing Buffet-style?!:LOL:
:LOL: Yeah I've played a little of each so far.
That's great that you are starting from 1. Are you just gonna do a massive marathon?!
Don't know what I'm going to actually do yet. Since I've played a little of the first one I pretty much prefer RoTR more so I might just skip the first one altogether.

I want to share some screenshots but I don't really know of any good scenes to take a screenshot of. The Tomb Raider games aren't really the type of game to capture screenshots of, I mean at least not as of yet.

Don't. It rocks. Since it is the first chapter it takes just a little more time to rev up to speed.
You were right, it just took a little longer to get going. You know for a 2013 game, the graphics aren't half bad. You know Lara ain't half bad for a computer girl, I'm a sucker for brunettes. :D

Last edited:
You were right, it just took a little longer to get going. You know for a 2013 game, the graphics aren't half bad. You know Lara ain't half bad for a computer girl, I'm a sucker for brunettes. :D
Yeah, once it gets going it's a great adventure.
:LOL: Well, she does not have hexagon boobs anymore!:LOL:
Remember, they also did a graphics upgrade from 360/PS3 to XOne/PS4 with the "Definitive Edition"

• Thanks