Shang-Chi: Legend of the Ten Rings - In theaters February 12, 2021

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
Marvel Studios Fast-Tracking a Shang-Chi Movie!
Source: ComingSoon
View attachment 405048
Marvel Studios is looking to fast-track a film based on the Asian superhero Shang-Chi. Deadline reports that the studio has tapped Dave Callaham, a Chinese-American, to write the script and is currently searching for Asian or Asian-American directors and cast-members, hoping to replicate the success they had with this year’s Black Panther.

AlienKing

The Matrix has you...
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2014
Ontario, Kanada
I knew it! As soon as DC announced their Latino superhero, I knew marvel had to come up with an Asian one. I know nothing of this hero but hoping to see some cool martial arts inspired action scenes.

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
Destin Daniel Cretton Marvel’s Choice To Direct ‘Shang-Chi’
Source: Deadline
destin-daniel-cretton-shang-chi.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Studios is setting Destin Daniel Cretton to direct Shang-Chi, its first superhero movie tentpole franchise with an Asian protagonist. Cretton is directing Just Mercy, a film he wrote that stars Brie Larson and Michael B. Jordan.

This is in keeping with the studio’s goal to take Shang-Chi in a direction like Black Panther and populate it with Asian-American talent. When Deadline first revealed the project late last year, the studio had set Chinese-American scribe Dave Callaham to write the screenplay.

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
This sounds really cool. I would consider my self a Marvel fan... and I don't think I've ever heard of Shang-Chi before. haha
But bring it on!

Who would you cast in this thing? @bloodsnake007 @AlienKing

How about someone like Daniel Wu? He is freakin' awesome in Into The Badlands!

AlienKing

The Matrix has you...
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2014
Ontario, Kanada
This sounds really cool. I would consider my self a Marvel fan... and I don't think I've ever heard of Shang-Chi before. haha
But bring it on!

Who would you cast in this thing? @bloodsnake007 @AlienKing

How about someone like Daniel Wu? He is freakin' awesome in Into The Badlands!

Hmm well I guess it will depends on what type of martial arts they go with.

I would love to see Tona Jaa or Iko Uwais on a big budget flick. But recently Zhang Jin has caught my eye and this dude is a pro. His execution is just so amazing to watch. Especially in SPL 2 and Ip Man 3. So yea those would be my choice.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database