Share your MondoCon photos!

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Now obviously the only people who'll be sharing MondoCon photos will be 'The Ninjas Amongst MondoCon', but this should be fun for the rest of the community to check out!

Only a couple more days! :)

HDN Coverage here

Attachments

• Close-up-of-photographer--008.jpg
    Close-up-of-photographer--008.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 428
Last edited by a moderator:
Great photos everyone! Thanks for sharing them with us. Looks like you all had a great time. :)
Indeed we did, sir!!!

If I can convey anything to those of you who didn't attend, it would be these few little gems of wisdom:
1.) Do what you HAVE to do to be there next year!
2.) The HDN Black Label Exclusive and ALL challenge coins look ABSOLUTELY STUNNING in hand!!!
3.) Do NOT eat the yellow snow.

Oh, I almost forgot! There are a few awards that need to be given out from this weekend:

1.) "Ninja most likely to leave something behind" - This award goes to @Aniv. This man's ability to leave his newly acquired trinkets behind is remarkably uncanny. Aniv, you're crazy. I love you, but, you're crazy!

2.) "Ninja who made the biggest impact in the shortest amount of time" - This one goes to @bloodsnake007 as I think he was there for all of 2 hours before getting the "phone call heard 'round the world". Still bummed for you, Franky! Was nothing short of a pleasure to get to meet you though! Hopefully you can make it back out next year!

3.) "Ninja to get the most autographs and to cause a certain artist to have carpal tunnel syndrome and/or arthritis for the remainder of his life." - I'm not really sure who this one goes to as none of us compared numbers...

4.) "Ninja most likely NOT to pull out his sword on somebody" - This award DEFINITELY goes to @AcIDc0r3. This man is an absolute sweetheart...a real teddy bear. Had a GREAT time hanging out with you, Kelly!

5.) "Ninja most likely to bring his own sandwich...toasted." - This one goes to the one and only @TheStixter. Man, did that thing look DELICIOUS!!! Had a GREAT time hanging out with you AND your sandwich, Ryan!

6.) "Ninja most likely to have diarrhea." - This is regretfully awarded to our honorable editor-in-chief, @tridon. This poor Canadian soul has never had a taste of REAL Mexican/Tex-Mex food in his life. And today...he is surely paying for it...on an airplane...all the way back to Canadia. Not sure who I feel bad for the most - Ken, or the passengers.

7.) "Ninja who looks most like he could be HDN's mascot (according to the cardboard cutout at the booth)" - This award also goes to @bloodsnake007, you short little Messican!

8.) "Honorary Ninja with the WORST...BOSS...EVER!!!" - This one goes to @bloodsnake007's lovely girlfriend, Alyssa. Personally, if it were me, I would've had a few choice words for my utter d-bag of a boss. But she sucked it up, took it in stride and did what she had to do. Hats off to you, sweetie!!! Both of you should strongly consider finding out where that @$$hat lives and, at the very least, toilet paper roll his house one night. He's going to need all those "$#!+ tickets" after taking that giant crap on your weekend.

9.) "Ninja most likely to be taking a U-Haul van home and dreading his trip the most." - With SO MANY candidates for this one, it was a REALLY tough decision, but I think we've figured it out. This award goes to the BEST Sensei a ninja could ask for...@Wreck. For those of you who don't know our fearless leader, this man is a gentleman AND a scholar. Such a nice and giving guy! The amount of time, effort and money that this man put in to making sure HDN was represented professionally (to the fullest extent of the word), was impressive to say the least. It was GREAT to meet you John, and I'm already looking forward to what's in store for next year!!!

Want to thank all the ninjas who were there for such a FANTASTIC WEEKEND!!! I had one hell of a time with all of you! @Aniv @TheStixter @AcIDc0r3 @tridon @bloodsnake007 and last - but certainly NOT least - the sensei himself, @Wreck . Hell, even @White Rat & @roseart made appearances throughout the weekend. This was an AMAZING journey we all took and one that will be remembered forever.

I have some more pics to post from the convention, along with my haul. Will do that some time later today after I get everything unpacked.

Indeed we did, sir!!!

If I can convey anything to those of you who didn't attend, it would be these few little gems of wisdom:
2.) The HDN Black Label Exclusive and ALL challenge coins look ABSOLUTELY STUNNING in hand!!!

Oh, I almost forgot! There are a few awards that need to be given out from this weekend:

1.) "Ninja most likely to leave something behind" - This award goes to @Aniv. This man's ability to leave his newly acquired trinkets behind is remarkably uncanny. Aniv, you're crazy. I love you, but, you're crazy!

2.) "Ninja who made the biggest impact in the shortest amount of time" - This one goes to @bloodsnake007 as I think he was there for all of 2 hours before getting the "phone call heard 'round the world". Still bummed for you, Franky! Was nothing short of a pleasure to get to meet you though! Hopefully you can make it back out next year!

3.) "Ninja to get the most autographs and to cause a certain artist to have carpal tunnel syndrome and/or arthritis for the remainder of his life." - I'm not really sure who this one goes to as none of us compared numbers...

4.) "Ninja most likely NOT to pull out his sword on somebody" - This award DEFINITELY goes to @AcIDc0r3. This man is an absolute sweetheart...a real teddy bear. Had a GREAT time hanging out with you, Kelly!

5.) "Ninja most likely to bring his own sandwich...toasted." - This one goes to the one and only @TheStixter. Man, did that thing look DELICIOUS!!! Had a GREAT time hanging out with you AND your sandwich, Ryan!

6.) "Ninja most likely to have diarrhea." - This is regretfully awarded to our honorable editor-in-chief, @tridon. This poor Canadian soul has never had a taste of REAL Mexican/Tex-Mex food in his life. And today...he is surely paying for it...on an airplane...all the way back to Canadia. Not sure who I feel bad for the most - Ken, or the passengers.

7.) "Ninja who looks most like he could be HDN's mascot (according to the cardboard cutout at the booth)" - This award also goes to @bloodsnake007, you short little Messican!

8.) "Honorary Ninja with the WORST...BOSS...EVER!!!" - This one goes to @bloodsnake007's lovely girlfriend, Alyssa. Personally, if it were me, I would've had a few choice words for my utter d-bag of a boss. But she sucked it up, took it in stride and did what she had to do. Hats off to you, sweetie!!! Both of you should strongly consider finding out where that @$$hat lives and, at the very least, toilet paper roll his house one night. He's going to need all those "$#!+ tickets" after taking that giant crap on your weekend.

9.) "Ninja most likely to be taking a U-Haul van home and dreading his trip the most." - With SO MANY candidates for this one, it was a REALLY tough decision, but I think we've figured it out. This award goes to the BEST Sensei a ninja could ask for...@Wreck. For those of you who don't know our fearless leader, this man is a gentleman AND a scholar. Such a nice and giving guy! The amount of time, effort and money that this man put in to making sure HDN was represented professionally (to the fullest extent of the word), was impressive to say the least. It was GREAT to meet you John, and I'm already looking forward to what's in store for next year!!!

Want to thank all the ninjas who were there for such a FANTASTIC WEEKEND!!! I had one hell of a time with all of you! @Aniv @TheStixter @AcIDc0r3 @tridon @bloodsnake007 and last - but certainly NOT least - the sensei himself, @Wreck . Hell, even @White Rat & @roseart made appearances throughout the weekend. This was an AMAZING journey we all took and one that will be remembered forever.

I have some more pics to post from the convention, along with my haul. Will do that some time later today after I get everything unpacked.

You'd be very happy to know that I made it to Dallas and I'm completely "regular" so far. That said, things can change and my wife may be in for a literal s**tstorm tonight. :p

That's an awesome rundown, though, man. It was awesome meeting everyone and again, @Wreck -- you're incredible, man. Thanks for making me a part of it all.

Mathew, I heard Jock's on his way for carpal tunnel surgery this morning. I hope you're proud! :LOL:

Indeed we did, sir!!!

LOL, sounds like you had an amazing time!

Indeed we did, sir!!!

Haha that was an awesome read! Nice one buddy. :thumbs:

Indeed we did, sir!!!

Ahahahah!!!
That's a FULL coverage! Now I feel like I was there too!!!

Oh... weather forecast here in Montréal is announcing some warm weather tomorrow... Thanks @tridon & Tex-Mex! :p

However did you get that Ken Taylor signed Rambo @tridon ? ;)

GREAT TIME hanging out with all my Ninjas this weekend! BIG SHOUTOUT to @AcIDc0r3 and @Wreck for the Sunday help and both him and @tridon for holding down the Ninja booth proudly while @Aniv, myself, and @mlmaier84 bounced around from cool booth to cool panel to cool screening..unreal time!

HERE'S WHAT I MADE OUT WITH: Jock signed Mondo Steels including ES's Walking Dead, Ken Taylor signed Rambo Mondo Steel, Sam Jones signed Flash Gordon, and signed True Detective Season 1!
View attachment 191766

BUT EVEN WITH ALL THOSE GOODIES: nothing beats that HDN Exclusive #3 ZombieLand and a Hi-Def Ninja shirt to rep the best steelbook community on these interwebs!
View attachment 191767
:hilarious: I love that awesome Pic! :woot: I agree, nothing beats the HDN Exclusive #3! :thumbs:
Hahaha...The "Brain Ninja" is a legend in these streets! Glad I could be of assistance!

@bloodsnake007 we missed ya man! Next year hopefully!!

@Aniv upload that group shot of us at the Mexican restaurant

@Wreck and @tridon here's the shot I took of y'all and Jock at the HDN Booth:
12091182_10103322281563207_1555238404029196017_o.jpg

HERE'S Jock signing some steelbooks for the booth!
12074803_10103322281573187_5709126617120940501_n.jpg

HERE'S @Aniv getting his Ex Machina signed by Jock ...and @mlmaier84 (unpictured) and his comic book truckload on the table :wow:
12109946_10103322281568197_6030876493742385080_o.jpg
@TheStixter Missed ya too Brainja! :cool: :thumbs: Those Jock pics are fu**ing GREAT! :notworthy: So pissed off I missed that! :mad: Would of loved to have gotten my Raid 2 Steel signed! ;) But I'm glad to see more of these kick ass pics! :photo: :thumbs:
Indeed we did, sir!!!

@mlmaier84 GREATEST.FU**ING.POST.EVER!!! :woot: LMFAO!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I even had Alyssa read it, she loved it! :hilarious: We're definitely plotting to TP his house! :p

And I feel the same, this amazing journey will be remembered forever! :notworthy: YOU ROCK Mathew!
taco_dance_by_mirz123.gif

You'd be very happy to know that I made it to Dallas and I'm completely "regular" so far. That said, things can change and my wife may be in for a literal s**tstorm tonight. :p
HAHAHAHA!!! Canada, poor Canada

It was an AMAZING weekend!
"literal sh*tstorm!?!?!" :OMG: :hilarious: :rofl:
original.gif
I agree with Mathew, poor Canada... especially the passengers! :D

And I absolutely LOVE your new Avatar Ken! :drool: :oohyeah: :woot: :joy:
new avatar.JPG

:D

:hilarious: I love that awesome Pic! :woot: I agree, nothing beats the HDN Exclusive #3! :thumbs:

@TheStixter Missed ya too Brainja! :cool: :thumbs: Those Jock pics are fu**ing GREAT! :notworthy: So pissed off I missed that! :mad: Would of loved to have gotten my Raid 2 Steel signed! ;) But I'm glad to see more of these kick ass pics! :photo: :thumbs:

@mlmaier84 GREATEST.FU**ING.POST.EVER!!! :woot: LMFAO!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I even had Alyssa read it, she loved it! :hilarious: We're definitely plotting to TP his house! :p

And I feel the same, this amazing journey will be remembered forever! :notworthy: YOU ROCK Mathew!
taco_dance_by_mirz123.gif

"literal sh*tstorm!?!?!" :OMG: :hilarious: :rofl:
original.gif
I agree with Mathew, poor Canada... especially the passengers! :D

And I absolutely LOVE your new Avatar Ken! :drool: :oohyeah: :woot: :joy:
View attachment 191856
:D

I couldn't use anything else for my avatar, man. That was a great moment and I love Punk's edit. I'm just happy he made you the hairy monster. :p

Indeed we did, sir!!!

F*cking unreal post!
Sounds like you lot had a ball
I hope one day in my existence I can make it but it's one hell of a journey from Essex England to Austin Texas! :(
Maybe start a Kickstarter lol

I'm gonna be warming up Canada tonight. ;)

Hahaha, all that matters is good food a?

F*cking unreal post!
Sounds like you lot had a ball
I hope one day in my existence I can make it but it's one hell of a journey from Essex England to Austin Texas! :(
Maybe start a Kickstarter lol
WOW!!!!!!! :wow: :wow: :wow: :) Holy ******* **** hairy monkey *****!!!! looks like you guys had fun out there :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :)

Awesome pics, thank you for those :thumbs: :thumbs: and nice to put faces to the names :thumbs: :thumbs:

Dang!! i am so bummed i could not be there :grumpy: but there is always next year ;) :cool: :thumbs:

There shall be a Ninja onslaught upon MondoCon 3!

By the way, here's something cool for everyone to see...

Mondo-Con-Gig-Poster-art-by-The-Dude-Designs.jpg

Other than being an awesome homage to The Warriors by The Dude Designs, check out the credits at the bottom of the poster. ;)

There shall be a Ninja onslaught upon MondoCon 3!

By the way, here's something cool for everyone to see...

Other than being an awesome homage to The Warriors by The Dude Designs, check out the credits at the bottom of the poster. ;)

Quality poster and hi def ninja in the credits

Sweet