Title: SHAZAM! Fury of the Gods

Genre: Adventure, Family

Director: David F. Sandberg

Cast: Zachary Levi, Asher Angel, Jack Dylan Grazer

Release: 2023-06-02

Plot: A sequel to SHAZAM! (2019)

Reactions: Basil
‘Shazam!’ Writer Henry Gayden Will Return to Write Sequel

“Shazam!” screenplay writer Henry Gayden has been tapped to write the DC superhero movie’s sequel for DC and New Line, an individual with knowledge of the situation told TheWrap. The filmmaking team of David F. Sandberg and Peter Safran are also expected to return.

SOURCE

Warner Bros. officially announces Shazam 2 at CCXP!
Source: ComingSoon
shazam2.jpg

While Warner Bros. and DC Studios were already bringing the house down with Wonder Woman 1984‘s trailer at Brazil’s CCXP, they also used their panel to reveal the exciting announcement that Shazam 2 is officially in the works with Zachary Levi (Tangled) attached to return in the lead role!

It was reported back in April that screenwriter Henry Gayden had signed on to return to craft a sequel for the comedic superhero effort with director David F. Sandberg (Annabelle: Creation) likely to return alongside producer Peter Safran, but the studios had yet to officially announce a sequel would begin development and move forward with everyone returning. While no production date has currently been set, Levi did estimate earlier this year that production would begin as early as 2020!

Reactions: willbar84
Warner Bros. has scheduled the sequel for an April 1st, 2022 release date which makes sense considering the fact the first instalment came out on April 3rd this year and grossed over $364 million at the worldwide box office.

Now, what's really interesting is that Shazam! 2 is coming out just four months after Black Adam on December 22nd, 2021. The productions will obviously overlap so it's impossible to imagine some sort of crossover scene not being filmed in order to set up a meeting between them down the line!​

Ooooooooohhhhhh!!!! Seems to me like a Part 1... and Part 2... back-to-back!
Also, is it me or it's kinda funny that Shazam (which is a funny character) arrives on April's Fool! :p

Warner Bros. has scheduled the sequel for an April 1st, 2022 release date which makes sense considering the fact the first instalment came out on April 3rd this year and grossed over $364 million at the worldwide box office.​
Now, what's really interesting is that Shazam! 2 is coming out just four months after Black Adam on December 22nd, 2021. The productions will obviously overlap so it's impossible to imagine some sort of crossover scene not being filmed in order to set up a meeting between them down the line!​

Ooooooooohhhhhh!!!! Seems to me like a Part 1... and Part 2... back-to-back!
Also, is it me or it's kinda funny that Shazam (which is a funny character) arrives on April's Fool! :p

Nice, I really like how this played out and yes should make quite the double feature with huge marketing potential also just like you say I agree April’s Fool + Shazam = Comedy gold. I can already see this is going to be a lot of fun just like the first one.

No way surprised to see a sequel to this the first was brilliant and expect the same for the second :rofl: :rofl::thumbs:

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database