Not open for further replies.

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: TBA
Pre-order date (HDzeta site and GB): TBA
Group buy: TBA

68677271-346B-48CF-ADEE-D4F4657A9769.jpeg D1F0D3C9-D0AF-4432-A136-D918B1DC733C.jpeg BC6AFC21-5C36-46F3-BF09-7EB0010BCC5B.jpeg 9E99793F-5C30-4EE1-A54E-0D08E1D33451.jpeg AA8BBB7A-676A-409A-9C71-11996E980E9F.jpeg

So if that’s the confirmed ‘n’ approved WEA in the OP looks like this will be a debossed steel due to the artwork? Can’t imagine it being embossed due to the title placement.

Reactions: DMD4k
Good point. And that doesn't look like a mockup so that's pretty definite.
Looking at the pic in the OP we all thought it was flat, the S in Shazam looks like it might be bossed, but then you look at the spine and it's got the same reflections, so we can conclude that's got nothing to do with it.
If those whispers are true and this will be bossed in some way, maybe they are redoing them?

Embossed border, title and bubblegum could be pretty nice.

Good point. And that doesn't look like a mockup so that's pretty definite.
Looking at the pic in the OP we all thought it was flat, the S in Shazam looks like it might be bossed, but then you look at the spine and it's got the same reflections, so we can conclude that's got nothing to do with it.
If those whispers are true and this will be bossed in some way, maybe they are redoing them?

Great points which makes me wonder if anyone knows do Scanavo manufacture a sample steel after the metal proof before a Premium Retailer place an order for a WEA? or it’s all or none of the print run (MOQ 2k+ ?)

Reactions: DMD4k

:thanks: :drool: Not sure though as Zeta are using the top section of the artwork which doesn’t leave much options for zoom out or repositioning the title.

1568804442713.jpeg

But like you say they do have a chance now to do a V1.1/V2 WEA Steelbook if the print run hasn’t been completed and they implement the ‘bossin treatment starting with this Premium.

Last edited:
That was wishful thinking on my part, and only if they redo the whole thing (different art or not as zoomed in). If they don't then I suppose debossed makes more sense, as you said earlier.

Reactions: willbar84
I just hope that bossed doesn't translate to scratched and dented :rofl:

Joking aside I think this is great news for product. If they do the next level I also wish they address their public relations and customer service like others also have said in the past

• Haha
Reactions: willbar84 and DMD4k
:thanks: :drool: Not sure though as Zeta are using the top section of the artwork which doesn’t leave much options for zoom out or repositioning the title.

But like you say they do have a chance now to do a V1.1/V2 WEA Steelbook if the print run hasn’t been completed and they implement the ‘bossin treatment starting with this Premium.
it's the same art as UHD amaray so i guess it'd be easier for approval? i think...
240057_large.jpg

Reactions: harry and willbar84
So word on the street is :whistle: Zeta is going to start aiming for (em or de) bossin’ on their WEA steelbook’s starting from Shazam! Also not sure what to make of this but with their DC WEA Line they will now only have the 4K logo on the spines not the BD + 3D logo :whistle:

If this turns out true this is awesome news with Zeta levelling up and making this DC HDZ Line even more epic than it already is :joy: plus it’s also great for competition for the likes of Manta especially since it will make some people reconsider as to some a flat gloss steel isn’t considered a qualifier in the Premium game.
few releases too late!
but better late than never, I guess

I originally shelved this one because I think someone else beat me to using this art, but I finally decided to revisit it and added some little tweaks here and there.

Two versions - light-ish and dark...

View attachment 450777View attachment 450778
nice one! :thumbs: slightly prefer the lighter version.

i cancelled my UK order and am holding out for the Zeta. :watch: something like this - with embossing on the character outlines and title, perhaps - would make me pretty happy. of course, as it's a Noodles design, this will not happen, because retailers never use good designs like this. until, of course, it turns up on blufans with tiny changes... :rolleyes:

Reactions: vexred and Noodles
Status
Not open for further replies.