Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: August 2019 (TBC)
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA
Group buy: TBA

Last edited:
Wonder what this means for the Shazam! HDZ edition as well? :ohno: and by the looks of it no WEA Premium for Fantastic Beasts 2 in the near future :( what a shame as they went to a lot of effort to release the first one earlier on in the year.

A36579A4-6DCC-4224-B2CF-2E806BE2081E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: Noodles
makes you even wonder if worth collecting dcs from manta, so they do joker and what if cant do next one?
gotta hope zeta can or goona end up with a right mish mash of a collection.
pisses me right off

basil (n)

Reactions: ty233 and Raz316
What a shame if it does get cancelled, was looking forward to seeing what Manta Lab would come up with (n)

makes you even wonder if worth collecting dcs from manta, so they do joker and what if cant do next one?
pisses me right off

basil (n)
It's not Manta's fault as they tried hard but, judging by their response, no one will be releasing a premium edition of it, not even HDzeta. And this sucks.

Reactions: willbar84
Gutted. Held off on getting a steel for this because I was planning to get Manta's, as I always do with DC.

Shame on the studios for being so difficult. Hopefully they can work something out!

I don't understand why the studios are being particularly difficult with this title but not with others? What's so different about Shazam?

Yea like everyone, this news is annoying. Haven’t picked this up yet and was waiting on manta lab. Plus I’ve stopped collecting with zeta. Hopefully the studios stop being pr**cks and just work something out. Same with blade runner

Yeah big disappointment... i was also holding off for this particular release and now i'm really thinking about the french amazon release for now

Oh no :(

Wonder what this means for the Shazam! HDZ edition as well? :ohno: and by the looks of it no WEA Premium for Fantastic Beasts 2 in the near future :( what a shame as they went to a lot of effort to release the first one earlier on in the year.

View attachment 454525
Not sure how you interpreted that to mean no WEA for Fantastic Beasts 2...,just states delays, which to me, considering how long after release we got the first movie, I was expecting another wait of years, for the sequel. So maybe late 2020 at the earliest?

If you’re correct and it’s a rare Manta premium with WWA then I’d be fine depending which they use as the wand artwork is lovely.
Not so keen on the flipable character one.

pisses me right off

basil (n)
Gutted. Held off on getting a steel for this because I was planning to get Manta's, as I always do with DC.

Shame on the studios for being so difficult. Hopefully they can work something out!
Yeah big disappointment... i was also holding off for this particular release and now i'm really thinking about the french amazon release for now
Like many of you I’d been waiting on this edition of Shazam specifically, so not sure if I’ll even end up owning it at all, should Manta not end up doing this.
I don’t even really do standard steels much anymore and refuse to buy ameray and just out up with streamable or downloaded copies if I can’t have a nice premium package.
I’ve got pretty snooty with what I buy movie wise, o,us I try to keep my collection around 300 or less as for me personally that feel a lot and like enough as even with just 300 I can find myself staring for ages not sure what to pick/watch sometimes.

So fingers crossed these guy come through, else I’ll have to see what other 3D lenticular options might be out there.

Not sure how you interpreted that to mean no WEA for Fantastic Beasts 2...,just states delays, which to me, considering how long after release we got the first movie, I was expecting another wait of years, for the sequel. So maybe late 2020 at the earliest?

If you’re correct and it’s a rare Manta premium with WWA then I’d be fine depending which they use as the wand artwork is lovely.
Not so keen on the flipable character one.

(n) I said by the looks of it no WEA Premium for Fantastic Beasts 2 in the near future, meaning it’s still on the cards but still quite awhile of yet going by John’s latest update and Facebook replies. It’s WEA or nothing for Fantastic Beasts 2 as the Global Manta Line has been long discontinued with their last WWA premium being back in 2017 with the LEGO Batman Movie. Blufans OAB for FB2 came out late last year with a potential 50/50 BF WEA exclusive coming out in the new year but no word has been spoken of that for quite some time now. That’s why I had my fingers crossed for Manta to pull through with this one for a late 2019 release but looking at the state of things now at best I am hoping for a Q2/Q3 2020 release from them.

Last edited:
Blufans OAB for FB2 came out late last year with a potential 50/50 BF WEA exclusive coming out in the new year but no word has been spoken of that for quite some time now.

* edit * FB2 BF OAB came out earlier this year in August and around the time of preorder it was mentioned there was a 50/50 possibility of a WEA at the end of the year for anyone who missed out on the OAB release. This was to be followed up with a final confirmation in September but as far as I’m aware no word of this has been mentioned since.

At this point I don’t mind if Manta or Blufans or both release a WEA for FB2 I’m just itching to have a OC of it next to my stunning Blufans OC of Fantastic Beasts :drool:

Last edited:
Reactions: DMD4k
From John:

"For the Blade Runner 2049 and Shazam, I think it's safe to say that they are cancelled because of studio won't approve these releases."

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.