Sherlock Season 3 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Release Date: 14th December 2015
Purchase Link:
HMV UK
Price: £19.99
HDN Group Buy: Click HERE <( for 1, 2 or 3 series or Abominable Bride)
s3.jpg

image (2).jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Instant purchase
Just a waiting for HMV Ireland to list this

I'm a big fan of Sherlock Holmes and love the BBC TV series

Even though I already have this on Blu-ray I will be double dipping with ease

That's great that they are giving this the steelbook treatment.

I would have bought it if they put all 3 series in one steelbook.. but t h en again they're making a 4th series so individuals will probably work best for most people.

@harry are you getting these?

Reactions: harry
There are only 9 episodes total, so why the hell are the BBC releasing three separate SteelBooks? That's £60 for 9 episodes, or £6.66 per episode! What an absolute rip off! £19.99 is far too much for a SteelBook containing just three 1 & a half hour episodes! I'm pretty sure that they could have bundled them all in one package for a more reasonable price (like £30-£45). Such an unnecessary waste of materials! BBC have no clue whatsoever!

There are only 9 episodes total, so why the hell are the BBC releasing three separate SteelBooks? That's £60 for 9 episodes, or £6.66 per episode! What an absolute rip off! £19.99 is far too much for a SteelBook containing just three 1 & a half hour episodes! I'm pretty sure that they could have bundled them all in one package for a more reasonable price (like £30-£45). Such an unnecessary waste of materials! BBC have no clue whatsoever!

The episodes are like movies at 90 minutes each.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Of course, not buying these is an option. They are 3 ninety minute movies at $10 per movie. Perfectly reasonable. Check out the Italian jumbo steelbook- maybe that is priced better for you at $54.

Last edited:

If the BBC didn't know what they were doing this show wouldn't even exist so that rubbish. So if they only released a steelbook that contained season 1-3 where would season 4 fit in to that? It would look odd.

Also, by dismissing it as "only 9 episodes" kinda dimishes the work and quality these shows are. Did you say this about the Breaking Bad steelbook releases? One steelbook per season? It's not exactly unheard of?