Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: January 23, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £19.99

814mpDYVAML._SL1500_.jpg
81-LxjJBh4L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, great to see proper artwork from a justifiably well-known artist adorning the odd steelbook here in the U.K. and as I was caught unawares by the quick disappearance of the similar style "Doctor Who" steelbook I'm not going to allow another gap in the collection and have pre-ordered this one.

OK, so it doesn't match the other seasons which is kind of disappointing but I wouldn't be surprised if we had an HMV exclusive Season Four cheap 'n' cheerful down the line to match Seasons 1-3.
This Season Four oozes style and is what I consider to be a SHERLOCK "special / one-off" (lost like the DOCTOR WHO) and I'm just grateful that the canvas for her work is a steelbook.

ALICE X. ZHANG and her relationship with SHERLOCK:-
ALICE X. ZHANG and her DOCTOR WHO steelbook artworks
II
V
sherlock-f4y-prints.jpg
john-watson-prints.jpg

a-study-in-neon-prints.jpg
sherlock_nyc_by_alicexz-d4m3eg7.jpg
upload_2016-12-3_23-58-41.png

The paintings commissioned by the BBC for the official DOCTOR WHO: SERIES 9 Blu-ray steelbook and selected and approved by Peter Capaldi himself.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Rosby
I actually got a chance to meet the artist who did the work for this Sherlock Steelbook, as well as the Doctor Who series 9 steelbook. She was extremely pleased that so many people liked her artwork, but was absolutely floored when I told her that the steelbook of Doctor Who series 9 went for over $175 USD.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: K.i.T
I would suggest not to cancel your order if you want to make sure you get this I can see this ending up as sold out before or just after release date.

Even though this don't match the artwork of the other sherlock steelbooks this will sell well on it's own with amazon UK providing worldwide shipping.
HMV was UK shipping only that makes a big difference.

The Doctor Who Season 9 steelbook sold out before release date and I regret cancelling my order as I expected that to be available after release date
A Lot will order Sherlock steelbook season 4 because of the artwork especially those who ordered the Doctor Who Steelbook

Cancelled mine. This series has been so far up it's own a**e that I'm glad it's over. How sad to see it's decline. All went downhill from The Abominable Bride IMO.

With you there. Can't they go back to solving crimes instead of the pseudo-psychological BS every week?

• Thanks
Reactions: Phoenix M
I still enjoyed the series but I think the first 2 series are the best ones. The 3rd episode was particularly good this season I thought though. The fact it has Mrs Hudson rocking out to Iron Maiden makes it a must watch :rofl:

Reactions: bigfub
It's a great TV series and very well done updated version
Season 3 and Season 4 was lot different to Season 1 and 2

I did find season 3 and 4 at times a bit off and loosing it's appeal of season 1/2

Season 1 and 2 was updated versions of the original sherlock holmes stories but season 3 and 4 was a bit strange at times and went off track in my opinion but I did like season 4 episode 2

There is still a lot of sherlock holmes short stories that can be adapted and I expect we will see more of sherlock in next few years
Most likely will be one off specials and possible series 5 at later stage

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
It's a great TV series and very well done updated version
Season 3 and Season 4 was lot different to Season 1 and 2

I did find season 3 and 4 at times a bit off and loosing it's appeal of season 1/2

Season 1 and 2 was updated versions of the original sherlock holmes stories but season 3 and 4 was a bit strange at times and went off track in my opinion but I did like season 4 episode 2

There is still a lot of sherlock holmes short stories that can be adapted and I expect we will see more of sherlock in next few years
Most likely will be one off specials and possible series 5 at later stage

Seasons 3+4 still had elements of the original stories in but the crime solving seemed to take a back seat to the story arc of Sherlock, Watson and Mary.