Shipping crisis

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Posting this here for visibility. Will move later.

This is obviously affecting/will affect all retailers.

Keep in mind when ordering.

OK I can't read anymore of that...way too long lol.

All I know is that I still don't have my Blufans Wonder Woman OC and I'm not sure I will ever receive it.

Days in transit58

Although it says Flight Departure I hardly doubt it has left China. I sense perhaps it was turned over to a courier that then flies it to a dock where it sits waiting to depart on a ship that's never leaving.

Posting this here for visibility. Will move later.

This is obviously affecting/will affect all retailers.

Keep in mind when ordering.

From a more recent article:
But Goldman Sachs economists said on Tuesday that port disruptions in Ningbo appeared to have "limited impact" on trade activities.
It was "likely because lockdown restrictions at ports were relatively targeted and throughput volume was redirected to nearby ports," they said in a research note.

OK I can't read anymore of that...way too long lol.

All I know is that I still don't have my Blufans Wonder Woman OC and I'm not sure I will ever receive it.

Days in transit58

Although it says Flight Departure I hardly doubt it has left China. I sense perhaps it was turned over to a courier that then flies it to a dock where it sits waiting to depart on a ship that's never leaving.
I finally received my Blufans Mondo BR2049 a few weeks ago after nearly 3 months

@Strangerbyday

You might want to message Plain Archive. I've messaged them about a week ago and they finally offered me the option to upgrade to EMS shipping for an additional 16 USD. Standard shipping still isn't available according to PA. Anyway I have finally received my Parasite Order yesterday. EMS is very fast. :)

• Informative
Reactions: Shark
Might be as good a time as any to get out of the game....
I guess I'm next in line for those Spiderman FSs now that you're leaving :naughty::naughty:

Seriously though, the article is about actual ship shipping. I expect that while it can have some effect on airmail it's not going to be that much. Our stuff doesn't travel on Maersk.

Hapag-Lloyd sail past where I live a few times a week (I live on the Thames) and I always have to shout the name back in a silly voice. Not sure why. Dunno why I felt the need to share that, but it’s all I have to offer on the issue.

I guess I'm next in line for those Spiderman FSs now that you're leaving :naughty::naughty:

Seriously though, the article is about actual ship shipping. I expect that while it can have some effect on airmail it's not going to be that much. Our stuff doesn't travel on Maersk.
I don't even think they exist!!

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k

Supply chain issues is affecting lots of products including your local supermarket or high street shops in lot of countries it's not just Asia that is affected
If you been wondering why your local shop in past few months not had some stock you regularly purchased previously it's a problen due to transport logistics of goods due to lack of truck drivers and supply issues and delay of products stuck at ports in various countries

If you been wondering why your local shop in past few months not had some stock you regularly purchased previously it's a problen due to transport logistics of goods due to lack of truck drivers and supply issues and delay of products stuck at ports in various countries
I have not been wondering at all as my local shops are stocked as usual.

I’m glad I’m out of it

but still....

space stars GIF by SwitchMedia

As always - the rich get richer -- and happy to use any opportunity or loop hole. or excuse.
As anyone would when trying to protect their empire...
But some just deserve to be taken off your shopping list.
Taken a year of shame campaign to get an OZ retailer to pay back a little - while others kill themselves.

Apparently a lot of football clubs in OZ maintained their memberships - even though people couldn't go to games. Which is amazing considering the uncertainty. But then I'm holding 4 expensive concert tickets to two shows - hoping to see the gig eventually two years later - after waiting 9 months before that - but many have requested refunds.
But it all comes down to circumstance..., and desire - eventually, goodwill is a luxury.

I can only think people still paying CMA a truck load to float their money on the short term money market for 1.5 years, must be pretty well off. I know I'm not.
Was at least happy to see their recent preorder had a more honest FEB'22 delivery date. Good luck with that kids.

It is a conflict of economic reality and pleasure.
As the enjoyment of special physical items is often the only tangible reward in a world of uncertainty.
Unless, the box never arrives...

:panda: