Show your 'Interstellar' IMAX film cell!

Mar 29, 2014
Thought it would be a cool idea to have a thread where people can post the IMAX film cell they got in their 'Interstellar' blu-ray. I know these film cells have been included in various blu-ray editions for the film.
Feel free to post yours here! :thumbs:

This is the one I got.

image_zpsxcmijhjq.jpg

Flipping that one, cause I bought 3 STeels for the cells, and I got 2 of the same one, so I'll be keeping the 2nd one. Got lucky, cause most of the ones at my Target all had McConaughey in it. My 2 friends got almost the same ones, too.

@nkb32 can't miss. You've got some GREAT cells.

I kind of want to go buy another 2 or 3 copies just for the cell, but so far I've been able to hold off. I'm satisfied with the one I have.

Reactions: nkb32
@nkb32 can't miss. You've got some GREAT cells.

I kind of want to go buy another 2 or 3 copies just for the cell, but so far I've been able to hold off. I'm satisfied with the one I have.

Stay strong lol. I caved today and got a couple steels and neo packs....just for the cells sigh. I did instantly recoup some funds when I put the steels on ebay so it may be worth a shot if you can land the coveted Black Hole lol. Im done now tho. Cant justify buying all these Interstellar blurays lmao. Its fun tho. Reminds me of collecting pokemon/yugioh cards.

Reactions: blumaster
Yeah, that's exactly what happened, I ended up buying a whole bunch of Steels/neos/blus for just the cells. It's exactly like Pokemon. Gotta catch em all! I have a few I still haven't opened, don't want to open them all at once and keep the suspense going. I was able to recoup almost everything by selling the steel/blus and digital copy separately.

Reactions: blumaster
here are 4 of the 5 i have. the 5th is an almost exact duplicate of the one of Romilly. i would be interested in trading it and the yellow one for a couple others. if anyone wants to trade pm me with what you got.

Brand at the end.
interstellar_imax_film_cell_zpsxko221wy.jpg~original

Coop during STAY
interstellar_imax_film_cell_2_zpsxkflomw9.jpg~original

Not really sure what this is.
2dc60825-16bc-4a2c-acf7-33b61cd1b97c_zpsmrcb49m2.jpg~original

Romilly
9688f811-ae4f-411b-91c3-53644249d9d6_zpskggnldyl.jpg~original

Last edited:
it's possible because lots of these were in batch when shipped to the stores. if you walk into walmart and pick up 3 in a row from the same spot, odds are you're going to get 3 in sequence shots. it happened to me yesterday. i got 2 of Romilly in sequence because i picked up 2 back to back from the same spot.

it's possible because lots of these were in batch when shipped to the stores. if you walk into walmart and pick up 3 in a row from the same spot, odds are you're going to get 3 in sequence shots. it happened to me yesterday. i got 2 of Romilly in sequence because i picked up 2 back to back from the same spot.

Ok I see, but these weren't even in the same packaging. One was in a steelbook, Neo Pack, and Amaray. Steelbook was shipped to me with amaray and picked up Neo Pack. Now explain that lol.

Ok I see, but these weren't even in the same packaging. One was in a steelbook, Neo Pack, and Amaray. Steelbook was shipped to me with amaray and picked up Neo Pack. Now explain that lol.

i have no idea then. maybe an anomaly, but it happened to me when i picked up 2 back to back and i've see others over at br report the same.