Sicario (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.37) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: April 3, 2018
Purchase links: Type A - Type B - Type C - Quarter Slip - Triple Pack - Quadruple Pack (Pre-order on March 8, at 4PM - Korea time)
Price: $38.49 (Type A) - $38.69 (Type B) - $38.29 (Type C) - $36.89 (1/4 Slip)
Notes: 1600 copies (Type A) - 1100 copies (Type B) - 1200 copies (Type C) - 600 copies (Quarter Slip)
Group Buy: hosted by Aniv Quarter Slip - Lenti - Full Slip - Full Slip (UV)
QP_THUMB.jpgTP_THUMB.jpg28698896_1334566426687836_3347254941696988995_o.jpg28619018_1334566433354502_3544474900644380867_o.jpg28514835_1334566440021168_6809865585027168441_o.jpg28515183_1334566500021162_4890752104743403994_o.jpg
0000.jpg
14324425_955559664588516_5363174822144358010_o.jpg
DWAaa0TVwAEyO0n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a little puzzled at the rush by many here to cancel their orders for the UK edition before PA have even announced the technical specifications of their release.

A reminder to all that a considerable proportion of the dialogue in this film is in Spanish!

Whilst the Korean disc will probably contain English subtitles, that can't be taken at this stage as guaranteed. Even if they are present, it will probably be like the Korean release of "The Pianist" where, instead of being hard coded only for those sections in German and Russian, they were optional, which meant either having them on for the whole film, even when English was being spoken, or having the hassle of turning them on/off as required.

Obviously, this isn't of concern to those here who keep their copies sealed but those who purchase for the purpose of viewing the film, and who aren't fluent in Spanish, might feel the need for a more English friendly disc.

Well, I'm keeping my preorder with Xavvi.. just in case PA decides to not go the steelbook route. But even if PA decides not to do the steelbook, I'm sure the package and artwork will look very nice and it will still be a must buy for me. I just purchased the digital download of this film on VUDU for $14.99 which included two bonus featurettes. Anyway, I hope PA will have WEA for the sb if they in fact do go that route like they did with ZDT

Marginal thumbs up for the movie. There wasn't anything in the movie whatsoever to that caught me by surprise. Everything was pretty much down to a t and somewhat predictable. The theme of the movie was the most appealing part. The individual performances by the main characters were also solid which in the end made it worthwhile to enjoy.

Reactions: lolwut
This will hopefully be a nice addition to the Plain collection. I picture setting it on my shelf right next to the beauty that is Plain Archive's Zero Dark Thirty (and Melancholia and I Saw the Devil and The Master and...).

Reactions: harry
@augustus It isn't even confirmed to be a Steelbook release yet either. I guess some just want to be one of the cool kids by posting 'bye bye Zavvi' at every opportunity. :rolleyes:

Hardly, I think it's less about bashing zavvi and more about praising PA's exemplary treatment of deserved movies.
Their edition of Frank is one of my fave purchases this year and it's not even a steelbook.

I'm a little puzzled at the rush by many here to cancel their orders for the UK edition before PA have even announced the technical specifications of their release.

A reminder to all that a considerable proportion of the dialogue in this film is in Spanish!

Whilst the Korean disc will probably contain English subtitles, that can't be taken at this stage as guaranteed. Even if they are present, it will probably be like the Korean release of "The Pianist" where, instead of being hard coded only for those sections in German and Russian, they were optional, which meant either having them on for the whole film, even when English was being spoken, or having the hassle of turning them on/off as required.

Obviously, this isn't of concern to those here who keep their copies sealed but those who purchase for the purpose of viewing the film, and who aren't fluent in Spanish, might feel the need for a more English friendly disc.
The opposite could also be true :)
But you are right though. Although, it would be like taking a step back for PA. I guess we will wait and see until they reveal technical info.

The opposite could also be true :)
But you are right though. Although, it would be like taking a step back for PA. I guess we will wait and see until they reveal technical info.

Disc swapping.

Reactions: AlienKing
@augustus It isn't even confirmed to be a Steelbook release yet either. I guess some just want to be one of the cool kids by posting 'bye bye Zavvi' at every opportunity. :rolleyes:
Actually it's more that zavvi have let too many people down too often, and their after sales team are without doubt the stupidest shower of people on the planet. Some of the conversations I've had with them would blow your mind. Unbelievably useless. Never again.

Reactions: bojee and lolwut