Sicario: Day of the Soldado (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (The Blu Collection) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #73) [Korea]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: March 29, 2019
Purchase links: 4K Full Slip - 4K Lenti - BD Full Slip - One Click - 1/4 Slip (First pre-order on Kimchi February 13 at 2 AM Korea Time - overseas only. The second pre-order will be proceeded on February 13 at 2 PM Korea Time, at the same time Korea and overseas. But the quantity is smaller)
Price: $144 (One Click) - $49.99 (Full Slip 4K + BD) - $49.99 (Lenticular Full Slip 4K + BD) - $36.99 (Full Slip BD) - $32.99 (1/4 Slip)
Group buy: One Click - Lenti - Full Slip - Full Slip BD
Note: Full Slip BD - 200 copies - Lenticular Full Slip 4K+BD - 200 copies - Full Slip 4K+BD - 300 copies - One Click - 250 copies

FB_IMG_1548386920391.jpgFB_IMG_1548386937095.jpgFB_IMG_1548386941650.jpgFB_IMG_1548387559780.jpg
48373396_1121425991371814_2919239294851743744_o.jpgFB_IMG_1548387554822.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Received this from eBay today. Nicely scratched 4k disc!!! Yet sealed!!!
Seller refusing a return, quoting the widely used "steelbook disclaimer", despite it not being a legal statement.
Case opened.
Checked the playback on the blu ray regarding the subs on the Mexican dialogue. Unless I'm missing something the subs have to be turned off completely on the English soundtrack with no subs on the Mexican dialogue or turned on with subs throughout the whole movie. Am I missing something?
Not really an issue though, to be honest.
Gutted regarding the fault though.....:grumpy:

Seller refusing a return, quoting the widely used "steelbook disclaimer", despite it not being a legal statement.
Case opened.
Checked the playback on the blu ray regarding the subs on the Mexican dialogue. Unless I'm missing something the subs have to be turned off completely on the English soundtrack with no subs on the Mexican dialogue or turned on with subs throughout the whole movie. Am I missing something?
This is why I hate selling on eBay.

If I was that guy I'd be pissed! In fairness, there's no way he could have known. Now the returned item is opened and halved in value.....

@leelee17

Swallow the loss. Keep it or sell it on.

The seller sold the item sealed. He did not know about any damages under the shrink wrap. You bought it from a private seller 2nd hand on ebay. You're entitled to get a replacement when you buy it first hand.

I know this sounds a bit harsh, but that's the danger with buying on the secondary market.

Reactions: bojee and Actarus
@leelee17

Swallow the loss. Keep it or sell it on.

The seller sold the item sealed. He did not know about any damages under the shrink wrap. You bought it from a private seller 2nd hand on ebay. You're entitled to get a replacement when you buy it first hand.

I know this sounds a bit harsh, but that's the danger with buying on the secondary market.
Great...... Thanks for your advice and support guys....

Great...... Thanks for your advice and support guys....

@Patr0n is right, that is the danger of buying collectibles on ebay,

the seller is not responsible for the retailer's bad quality control/Quality Issue that is not possible for him to see with a sealed item.

you must expect that if there is something wrong once you remove the shrink wrap, you are responsible.

Please try @BluSteel2012 ’s suggestion. There’s lots of error correction data on the disc. Maybe you won’t notice anything when playing it.
If the seller wrote in the description he/she is not responsible for any issues because the item is sealed, it’s not like eBay always favors the buyer. It’s mentioned in the description.
A reason why the description can’t be changed when there’s a bid on it / or when sold.

And I think you also have to be careful when opening a case with the seller.
You may get negative feedback from the seller. But I have no idea when the seller loses, the feedback will remain.

And yes, mentioning here you are opening cases won’t help you as a buyer. It was probably better to take your loss and score just the UHD disc.

I can imagine your frustration, but trust me, I also have quite some. Especially when receiving an sealed item and you can hear the loose disc :wtf:

Case opened.
I understand you're upset and maybe angry at your discs being scratched, so you may have overlooked it, but there's no such thing as Mexican dialogue on any disc. They do not speak Mexican in Mexico, or anywhere in the world for that matter, they speak Spanish. Much like English is spoken in the USA, not American.

Wow..... Sorry for causing such a stir guys. Maybe best if I keep my comments to myself from this point onwards......
its understandable that you're upset... but think of the situation of the seller... he didnt do anything wrong in this case and would take a massive loss now for something hes not responsible for and for something he explicitly made you aware of in his item description.. *in my opinion* at most you could ask for a partial refund for the defective disc

Reactions: Blu-devil
Please try @BluSteel2012 ’s suggestion. There’s lots of error correction data on the disc. Maybe you won’t notice anything when playing it.
If the seller wrote in the description he/she is not responsible for any issues because the item is sealed, it’s not like eBay always favors the buyer. It’s mentioned in the description.
A reason why the description can’t be changed when there’s a bid on it / or when sold.

And I think you also have to be careful when opening a case with the seller.
You may get negative feedback from the seller. But I have no idea when the seller loses, the feedback will remain.

And yes, mentioning here you are opening cases won’t help you as a buyer. It was probably better to take your loss and score just the UHD disc.

I can imagine your frustration, but trust me, I also have quite some. Especially when receiving an sealed item and you can hear the loose disc :wtf:

As far as I know a seller cannot leave negative feedback for a buyer. But a buyer can always leave negative feedback for a seller.

Best wishes,

Michael

Case opened.

@leelee17
I have now decided to go public on eBay/HDN on this matter and tell you that I am the eBay seller that sold you a perfectly sealed copy of Sicario 2.
To cut this short leelee DID NOT stick by his word stating that he will drop the case. Nope, he decided to pursue this and leave the 'situation in the hands of eBay' I quote. We all know eBay will always side with the Buyer 99.9% of the time.

He opened the case stating the item arrived damaged with not one single photo to support his claim.

So I escalate the claim and of course eBay will favour the buyer and authorise the return at my expense.

The item was returned to me today. Here is the so called 'scratches' leelee is referring to:

thumbnail_IMG_3603.jpg

There are no scratches, the disc works perfectly fine.
If there were scratches then you will need a magnify glass and be mega OCD.
leelee as a collector since 2011 and seller yourself, you are doing absolutely NO favours for this community and giving eBay a very bad name for selling.
There is nothing wrong with this disc and it plays perfectly fine. You can still do the right thing and accept this opened copy.

Edit - leelee last post stated that he was going to drop the eBay case on HDN which he obviously never did. He has since deleted that post...

Last edited: