Silent Night (2021)

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Silent Night (2021)

Tagline: Surviving Christmas just got a little harder.

Genre: Horror, Comedy, Drama

Director: Camille Griffin

Cast: Keira Knightley, Matthew Goode, Roman Griffin Davis, Annabelle Wallis, Lily-Rose Depp, Kirby Howell-Baptiste, Davida McKenzie, Rufus Jones, Sope Dirisu, Lucy Punch, Holly Aird, Trudie Styler, Dora Davis, Gilby Griffin Davis, Hardy Griffin Davis

Release: 2021-12-03

Runtime: 92

Plot: Nell, Simon, and their boy Art are ready to welcome friends and family for what promises to be a perfect Christmas gathering. Perfect except for one thing: everyone is going to die.

It's not really a comedy, but rather a very poignant, resonant apocalypse drama that very much drives a parallel with current real world events, the trust in government, what it does, the scientists, and what they say, what is shown to you, what is believed to be the truth.
I can't write more here, because it'll probably be deleted or edited out, such is the scare, that was put into people's heads.
In other words, I've very much enjoyed it, and it will, more than anything, be putting all that you think is right to question. Watch it this Christmas! :naughty:

Best featured song in the film, is from some musical, it appears, but I liked how it contrasted with the bitter reality in one scene (not a spoiler):

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database