Silent Night Deadly Night 1 & 2 (Blu-ray Limited Edition) (101 Films Black Label #017) [UK]

Jun 18, 2016
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase links: 101 Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £24.99 (101 Films - Zavvi) - £27.79 (Amazon) - £22.99 (HMV)
Notes: Exclusive Christmas Cards : Pre-order from the 101 Films store and receive a pack of 4 Silent Night, Deadly Night Christmas cards!

SNDN_EXPLODED_PACK_2400x.jpg

101 Films presents a double serving of Yuletide terror! Highly controversial upon release in 1984, Silent Night, Deadly Night is released on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK, featuring both the original theatrical cut of the film and the extended cut with standard definition inserts. Also included in this Limited Edition set is 1987 sequel Silent Night, Deadly Night: Part 2.

SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT

Young Billy witnesses his parents getting killed by a man dressed as Santa Claus after being warned by his senile grandpa that Santa punishes those who are naughty. Now 18 and out of the orphanage, Billy takes on the role of Santa himself, embarking on a yuletide rampage to “punish the naughty”. Santa Claus is coming to town, and this time he’s got an axe!

SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT: PART 2

Four years after the events of Silent Night Deadly Night, Ricky Caldwell is being held in a mental hospital, having followed in his brother Billy’s footsteps and committed a series of murders. Hell bent on avenging his brother’s death, Ricky sets out to continue the family tradition of Christmas carnage.

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Limited edition booklet, includes 'Silent Night, Festive Fright' by Sarah Appleton and ‘Santa’s Watching, Santa’s Creeping’ – An interview with Morgan Ames
  • Rigid slipcase packaging featuring newly-commissioned artwork by Keith Robinson

SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT

DISC ONE: Theatrical Version: 4K scan of the original camera negative • R-Rated Theatrical Trailer & VHS Trailer • TV Spots • Radio Spot

DISC TWO: Extended Unrated Version: 4K scan of the original camera negative with standard definition inserts • Slay Bells Ring: The Story of Silent Night, Deadly Night – Featuring interviews with writer Michael Hickey, co-executive producers Scott J. Schneid and Dennis Whitehead, editor/second unit director Michael Spence, composer Perry Botkin and actor Robert Brian Wilson • Oh Deer! – An interview with Linnea Quigley • Christmas in July – Silent Night, Deadly Night Locations – Then and Now • Audio commentary with actor Robert Brian Wilson and co-executive producer Scott J. Schneid • Audio commentary with Michael Hickey, Perry Botkin, Scott J. Schneid and Michael Spence • Audio interview with director Charles E. Sellier, Jr. from Deadpit Radio (Extended Version) • Santa’s Stocking of Outrage • Poster and Still Gallery

SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT: PART 2

2K Scan of an archival theatrical print • Audio commentary with director Lee Harry, and actors Eric Freeman and James Newman • Slay Bells Ring Again: The Story of Silent Night, Deadly Night 2 – Featuring interviews with co-writer/director Lee Harry, Actors Eric Freeman, James Newman, Elizabeth Kaitan, Darrel Guilbeau and Kenny McCabe, and makeup effects artist Christopher Biggs • Garbage Days Are Here Again – A Look at the Film’s Locations • Ricky Today – A short film featuring a 2018 interview with Ricky Caldwell • I Don’t Sleep – An extended interview with makeup effects artist Christopher Biggs • Audio commentary by co-writer/director Lee Harry, co-writer Joseph H. Earle, and actor James Newman • Theatrical Trailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Robles
Just an update, same day they told me its sold out and they placed a ''special order'' for me is the same day they they supposedly shipped it.:bored:
So now 1 is lost in transit and the other is ''on it's way''
Next time I am gonna place my orders via Arrow and 101 Films directly, extra shipping costs but at least I am guaranteed to get my copy.

Well here is to hoping our copies do arrive ....someday

View attachment 494288
Yeah wishing id ordered from someone else now or just picked a copy up from Fopp when i was in there.

Hopefully we do get them :whistle: :thumbs:

Reactions: Billy Talent
I picked up a copy from HMV instore, they had a few copies in the Sheffield store(Meadowhall).
Yeah both my local Fopp and HMV had them instore for a little while but the last time I checked which was just before this current Lockdown neither had them.

Reactions: Lukesablade
Hi guys, has anyone else had any problems with any of the discs, as all 3 of my discs are saying reading on my player and then they just stop.
Got this for a Christmas present and was looking forward to watching them.
Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, has anyone else had any problems with any of the discs, as all 3 of my discs are saying reading on my player and then they just stop.
Got this for a Christmas present and was looking forward to watching them.
Thanks in advance.
What region is your Blu-ray player

101 Blu-ray Discs releases are region B locked and DVD discs Region 2

Some discs when region locked will have a popup message about region of disc
Not all blu-ray or DVD discs you get the region message some simply try to read disc and not play if player not the correct region for that disc

101 Blu-ray discs don't use the popup region message on their discs

You need a Region B blu-ray player or a Multi Region Blu-ray player that has the abilty to set to Region B

If you have Multi region player make sure it's been set to Region B

Reactions: al i an
Ordered this in October directly from 101 films. They say they shipped it mid October and they have tracking LOL (release was in November) and supposedly I received it on October 22nd but I never received anything from them also it is impossible that they have shipped it on October 13th (month before a release date). My order under account is still marked as Unfulfilled. Last 10 days trying to get a refund. No response... I will never order from them anymore.

• Wow
Reactions: Billy Talent
Ordered this in October directly from 101 films. They say they shipped it mid October and they have tracking LOL (release was in November) and supposedly I received it on October 22nd but I never received anything from them also it is impossible that they have shipped it on October 13th (month before a release date). My order under account is still marked as Unfulfilled. Last 10 days trying to get a refund. No response... I will never order from them anymore.
101 did ship some direct orders in October as some people received delivery in October.
There is unboxing photos posted by customers seen on social media on Octoner 26/27/28/29
Some customers even got delivery in October before they got shipped email from 101

101 are like Arrow Video and some other independent labels that sell directly to customers they sometimes ship early to customers who ordered direct
It's not unusual to have these type orders ship before release date can be 2-4 weeks before listed release date sometimes when you order direct with these labels.
I had often had arrow video and Eureka and some other independent labels pre orders releases delivered 2 weeks before official release date
It don't happen with every release but can happen on some releases if the label has the stock ready to ship.

Ordering from likes of Amazon/Zavvi/HMV etc is different than ordering direct with a label
Retailers go by release date mostly and they often get delivery later than customers who order direct with a label

Your order might not been shipped or got lost in postal system.

They have tracking which says that someone in Croatia received it. Now with the contactless delivery due to covid it is really easy to get things delivered to the wrong people.
Totally getting upset as it was a big ordere + they are not responding. Also I wanted so badly that Silent Night with the collectors cards that are exclusive to their store purchase hence the reason I did a preorder.

UPDATE: They've replied, refunded me and apologised. Also 101 Films CS will mail me set of those cards free of charge.
Now I have to find a movie at "decent price" on the market.

Reactions: paulboland
@bwatt99 @Tompa @Billy Talent Don't know if you guys are still looking for a copy of this but if you are HMV have it In-stock :thumbs:
Already ordered it prior and delivered to family in uk about a week ago, thought it might not happen as everywhere else is sold out but it was. Still wish hmv would change there ways and ship international it might just be what they need these days to keep afloat.

@bwatt99 @Tompa @Billy Talent Don't know if you guys are still looking for a copy of this but if you are HMV have it In-stock :thumbs:

I am not getting notified at all when someone tags me really strange, first time I am having this issue.
And shockingly enough 2 of mylost in transit orders have arrived yesterday Crash 4K LTD arrow and Silent Night 101 LTD.
Imagine my surprise thinking it was gonna be something else from zavvi only to see Crash and SNDL.:wow:
Gonna take some pics and upload it later :thumbs:
appreciate the tag btw!

Can you buy one for me and ship it to The Netherlands?
Sorrry bud I myself am from the Netherlands, Leuk je te ontmoeten trouwens ;)

Last edited: