Silent Night Deadly Night 1 & 2 (Blu-ray Limited Edition) (101 Films Black Label #017) [UK]

Jun 18, 2016
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase links: 101 Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £24.99 (101 Films - Zavvi) - £27.79 (Amazon) - £22.99 (HMV)
Notes: Exclusive Christmas Cards : Pre-order from the 101 Films store and receive a pack of 4 Silent Night, Deadly Night Christmas cards!

SNDN_EXPLODED_PACK_2400x.jpg

101 Films presents a double serving of Yuletide terror! Highly controversial upon release in 1984, Silent Night, Deadly Night is released on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK, featuring both the original theatrical cut of the film and the extended cut with standard definition inserts. Also included in this Limited Edition set is 1987 sequel Silent Night, Deadly Night: Part 2.

SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT

Young Billy witnesses his parents getting killed by a man dressed as Santa Claus after being warned by his senile grandpa that Santa punishes those who are naughty. Now 18 and out of the orphanage, Billy takes on the role of Santa himself, embarking on a yuletide rampage to “punish the naughty”. Santa Claus is coming to town, and this time he’s got an axe!

SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT: PART 2

Four years after the events of Silent Night Deadly Night, Ricky Caldwell is being held in a mental hospital, having followed in his brother Billy’s footsteps and committed a series of murders. Hell bent on avenging his brother’s death, Ricky sets out to continue the family tradition of Christmas carnage.

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Limited edition booklet, includes 'Silent Night, Festive Fright' by Sarah Appleton and ‘Santa’s Watching, Santa’s Creeping’ – An interview with Morgan Ames
  • Rigid slipcase packaging featuring newly-commissioned artwork by Keith Robinson

DISC ONE: Theatrical Version: 4K scan of the original camera negative • R-Rated Theatrical Trailer & VHS Trailer • TV Spots • Radio Spot

DISC TWO: Extended Unrated Version: 4K scan of the original camera negative with standard definition inserts • Slay Bells Ring: The Story of Silent Night, Deadly Night – Featuring interviews with writer Michael Hickey, co-executive producers Scott J. Schneid and Dennis Whitehead, editor/second unit director Michael Spence, composer Perry Botkin and actor Robert Brian Wilson • Oh Deer! – An interview with Linnea Quigley • Christmas in July – Silent Night, Deadly Night Locations – Then and Now • Audio commentary with actor Robert Brian Wilson and co-executive producer Scott J. Schneid • Audio commentary with Michael Hickey, Perry Botkin, Scott J. Schneid and Michael Spence • Audio interview with director Charles E. Sellier, Jr. from Deadpit Radio (Extended Version) • Santa’s Stocking of Outrage • Poster and Still Gallery

2K Scan of an archival theatrical print • Audio commentary with director Lee Harry, and actors Eric Freeman and James Newman • Slay Bells Ring Again: The Story of Silent Night, Deadly Night 2 – Featuring interviews with co-writer/director Lee Harry, Actors Eric Freeman, James Newman, Elizabeth Kaitan, Darrel Guilbeau and Kenny McCabe, and makeup effects artist Christopher Biggs • Garbage Days Are Here Again – A Look at the Film’s Locations • Ricky Today – A short film featuring a 2018 interview with Ricky Caldwell • I Don’t Sleep – An extended interview with makeup effects artist Christopher Biggs • Audio commentary by co-writer/director Lee Harry, co-writer Joseph H. Earle, and actor James Newman • Theatrical Trailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Robles
I was hoping for Richard Stanleys Hardware 1992 for 101' s next black label release. Ronin Flix has a 4k restoration but is region locked i believe. Maybe Next time :)

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Limited edition booklet, includes 'Silent Night, Festive Fright' by Sarah Appleton and ‘Santa’s Watching, Santa’s Creeping’ – An interview with Morgan Ames
Rigid slipcase packaging featuring newly-commissioned artwork by Keith Robinson

DISC ONE: Theatrical Version: 4K scan of the original camera negative
• R-Rated Theatrical Trailer & VHS Trailer
• TV Spots
• Radio Spot

DISC TWO:
Extended Unrated Version: 4K scan of the original camera negative with standard definition inserts
• Slay Bells Ring: The Story of Silent Night, Deadly Night – Featuring interviews with writer Michael Hickey, co-executive producers Scott J. Schneid and Dennis Whitehead, editor/second unit director Michael Spence, composer Perry Botkin and actor Robert Brian
Wilson
• Oh Deer! – An interview with Linnea Quigley
• Christmas in July – Silent Night, Deadly Night Locations
Then and Now • Audio commentary with actor Robert Brian Wilson and co-executive producer Scott J. Schneid
• Audio commentary with Michael Hickey, Perry Botkin, Scott J. Schneid and Michael Spence
• Audio interview with director Charles E. Sellier, Jr. from Deadpit Radio (Extended Version)
• Santa’s Stocking of Outrage
• Poster and Still Gallery

2K Scan of an archival theatrical print
• Audio commentary with director Lee Harry, and actors Eric Freeman and James Newman
• Slay Bells Ring Again: The Story of Silent Night, Deadly Night 2 – Featuring interviews with co-writer/director Lee Harry, Actors Eric Freeman, James Newman, Elizabeth Kaitan, Darrel Guilbeau and Kenny McCabe, and makeup effects artist Christopher Biggs
• Garbage Days Are Here Again – A Look at the Film’s Locations
• Ricky Today – A short film featuring a 2018 interview with Ricky Caldwell
• I Don’t Sleep – An extended interview with makeup effects artist Christopher Biggs
• Audio commentary by co-writer/director Lee Harry, co-writer Joseph H. Earle, and actor James Newman
• Theatrical Trailer

SNDN_RigidBox_3D_PACK_720x.jpg SNDN_EXPLODED_PACK_720x.jpg

Exclusive Christmas Cards : Pre-order from the 101 Films store and receive a pack of 4 Silent Night, Deadly Night Christmas cards!
SNDNcardsonly_720x.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking set. Will definitely be going for this :thumbs:

Pics in spoiler. Box is better quality than the typical Black Label releases, similar to an Arrow box. Only downside is if you worry about consistency on your shelf it is a few mm taller than the white boxes
I wonder if this is the type of Slipcase 101 plan on producing in the future, would be a nice if it was.

Reactions: hoppusdelonge
Probably not. This is a more expensive product. I like the standard box with print on the box itself anyways.. If you scratch them in the future it wont be as damaging as on the printable wrap film or whatever that stuff is. Plus they are cheap! 25 GBP for two baby. I use these on most my boxes so scratches wont be a problem. SW2 Premium Blu-ray Jumbo Steelbook Protective Wraps / Sleeves (Pack of 25) | eBay They will fit on Arrow boxes like Robocop, which is the thickest box they have for a single release i think? They wont fit this double disc sett doe..

Last edited:
by the way! im not RC and manage to ordered the slip a few day ago
I hope so, it's only a small change but it really does make the product feel much higher quality
Yeah the quality of the slip kinda makes all the difference with me, I'm not too keen on the ones that 101 pump out and the only one that I do currently own is Howard the Duck so would 100% like to see them start producing more stuff with this effort.
Probably not. This is a more expensive product. I like the standard box with print on the box itself anyways.. If you scratch them in the future it wont be as damaging as on the printable wrap film or whatever that stuff is. Plus they are cheap! 25 GBP for two baby. I use these on most my boxes so scratches wont be a problem. SW2 Premium Blu-ray Jumbo Steelbook Protective Wraps / Sleeves (Pack of 25) | eBay They will fit on Arrow boxes like Robocop, which is the thickest box they have for a single release i think? They wont fit this double disc sett doe..
It may be a more expensive case to produce but I can't imagine it would be by much and I for one wouldnt mind paying the little extra on top if they were going to be the quality of say the Arrow video releases.

Reactions: hoppusdelonge
Yeah the quality of the slip kinda makes all the difference with me, I'm not too keen on the ones that 101 pump out and the only one that I do currently own is Howard the Duck so would 100% like to see them start producing more stuff with this effort.

It may be a more expensive case to produce but I can't imagine it would be by much and I for one wouldnt mind paying the little extra on top if they were going to be the quality of say the Arrow video releases.

Don't know what you guys are complaining about. These printed cardboard covers are great quality and will live a long life if you want. I have similar dvd boxes that are like 15 years old, treated badly.. and still looks ok. The Arrow boxes are not proven by time. I am more worried about both arrow and 101 putting the same art on their booklets and cover art! We need variety!

Great zavvi F*cked up and just send me an email saying Crash 4K is sold out and they placed a ''special order'' with my supplier and that my limited edition of silent night seemed to be ''lost in transit'' and now its sold out everywhere.

unreal
I also have this on order with Zavvi and still haven't received it.
I haven't heard anything from them yet but I do expect them to say something along the same lines as they have told you.

Bit of a **** really as back when this first was released my local Fopp had this in stock but didn't want to pick it up due to already being charged by Zavvi.

This and Gremlins were 2 of the items that I really wanted to arrive when I first started to have problems with Zavvi as they had since sold out, looks like its gonna be ebay for them both now :cautious:

• Wow
Reactions: Billy Talent
I also have this on order with Zavvi and still haven't received it.
I haven't heard anything from them yet but I do expect them to say something along the same lines as they have told you.

Bit of a **** really as back when this first was released my local Fopp had this in stock but didn't want to pick it up due to already being charged by Zavvi.

This and Gremlins were 2 of the items that I really wanted to arrive when I first started to have problems with Zavvi as they had since sold out, looks like its gonna be ebay for them both now :cautious:

Just an update, same day they told me its sold out and they placed a ''special order'' for me is the same day they they supposedly shipped it.:bored:
So now 1 is lost in transit and the other is ''on it's way''
Next time I am gonna place my orders via Arrow and 101 Films directly, extra shipping costs but at least I am guaranteed to get my copy.

Well here is to hoping our copies do arrive ....someday

Untitled.jpg

Last edited: