Release date: August 31, 2020
Purchase links: Covers A - B - C Wicked Shop - Cover A Amazon DE
Price: €29.99
Notes: first HD release in Europe with english subs

1596274800988.png
1596274719515.png
1596274752479.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Sirene 1 aka The Rift / Endless Descent (1990)
An experimental submarine, the "Siren II", with a very experienced crew is sent to find out what happened to the "Siren I", mysteriously disappeared in a submarine rift. Things go awry when they begin to find things that shouldn't be there...

Director: Juan Piquer Simón
Writer: Juan Piquer Simón
Starring: Jack Scalia, R. Lee Ermey, Ray Wise, Deborah Adair, John Toles-Bey, Ely Pouget
Producer: Juan Piquer Simón

MV5BMGQ1Y2E5NmYtNDMxNC00MDQ5LWI0NjYtNzFkMzNlOGM2MWYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQzNDI3NzY@._V1_.jpg
endless-descent.jpg

- limited to 333 each
- first HD-release in Europe
- 24-page booklet
- featurette: "Danger Below - The effects of "Sirene 1"
- featurette: "What Lurks in the Dark?" - Colin Arthur speaks about "Sirene 1"
- interviews with the actors Ray Wise, Jack Saclia und R. Lee Ermey
- trailer
- image gallery
- DVD-version
- english subtitles​

Last edited:
I'll be ordering this and a couple more from Wicked, tomorrow. :)
Definitely getting a "Fantastic Voyage" vibe from that Cover B so that's my preferred choice.
Ermey makes this flik (like most he's in) worth the pick-up.

Reactions: komor
I'll be ordering this and a couple more from Wicked, tomorrow. :)
Definitely getting a "Fantastic Voyage" vibe from that Cover B so that's my preferred choice.
Ermey makes this flik (like most he's in) worth the pick-up.
Cover B looks very good, I can't decide if B or C. C looks a little like The Shape of Water, but cool anyway.
With their new releases Wicked Vision shows that they have an eye for good looking covers and they bring out some titles people ask for.I will buy that "Highway to Hell" Cover B one as well. That cover is awesome and I hope the movie as well.
The spanish Blu-Ray was a bootleg so it is the first official release for Europe.
1596392434153.png

Did you get the "Die Monster Die" and "Tales that Witness Madness" Mediabooks in the meantime?

Yes, @komor , I received them both and a few others as well. :)

I'd also like to mention, as I am an incredibly avid fan of the schlocky '50s Sci-Fi fliks, I've also ordered the latest;
"Anolis: Galerie des Grauens" box set via 'Wicked'.
1st release is; "It! The Terror From Beyond Space!" with the 2nd being "Donovan's Brain".
Not totally sure on the others coming down the pipe (10 film set, about 1 out every quarter).
I believe this is Anolis's 3rd release of such sets. though first was only dvd.

I agree that Wicked has definitely created a foothold in the spooky/sci-fi media and look forward to their other new releases. :emb:

Reactions: komor
Yes, @komor , I received them both and a few others as well. :)

I'd also like to mention, as I am an incredibly avid fan of the schlocky '50s Sci-Fi fliks, I've also ordered the latest;
"Anolis: Galerie des Grauens" box set via 'Wicked'.
1st release is; "It! The Terror From Beyond Space!" with the 2nd being "Donovan's Brain".
Not totally sure on the others coming down the pipe (10 film set, about 1 out every quarter).
I believe this is Anolis's 3rd release of such sets. though first was only dvd.

I agree that Wicked has definitely created a foothold in the spooky/sci-fi media and look forward to their other new releases. :emb:
The "Galerie des Grauens" series was brought to life from a TV-show called SCHLEFAZ and showed Sci-Fi and Horror movies, that were edited especially for this show. It had such success that they brought them remastered on Blu-ray in some nice editions with booklet and many extras. I have "The H-Man" aka "Das Grauen schleicht durch Tokio" I wasn't aware of that there are Box-sets available. I just pick somes out. Donovan's Hirn will be my next purchas, because I always liked Braindead, that was released months ago and probably is inspired of it. There is also a series from "Media Target Distribution" called "Classic-Chiller Collection" that is quite interesting.
1596826538604.png
1596826553587.png
1596826590729.png
1596826633588.png

It are Krakatit (1947), The Manster (1956) Island of the lost souls (1932), The Mole People (1956)

Oh! very cool @komor :)
I'm especially pleased to see Otakar Vavra's "Krakatit" get a very cool MB!
I have the Criterion releases of "Island of Lost Souls" (amaray and Steel) but if the MB has a cool booklet and such, I may track it down.
Funny, I have yet to purchase any ed of "The Mole People" even though there's a few out in the wild.
As a young lad, I always felt so very sorry for the Mole Men so just never grabbed a copy later.
I may rectify that.

If I may, I thought I'd take a moment and display my pick-ups of my Wicked-Shop releases so far.
Still awaiting a few but here's what has arrived so far;

1596916816006.jpeg
1596916894537.jpeg

1596916965200.jpeg
1596917023764.jpeg

1596915896727.jpeg

I have The Devils Backbone, The Deadly Bees, The Curse and TTWM. I also was lucky to get a copy of "The Brood" from the Wicked Metal Collection. I additionally bought the VHS-edition, that is also looking very nice. But with the Tape and VHS editions I often had to realize that they fell in price afterwards to nearly 1/2, so they weren't the best deal. I also have the Count Yorga one as Mediabook, but there were no discs in it - bummer. Still have no replacement, because it was one of the last copies.

The Chiller Collection movies all come in DVD-cases with Slipbox and booklet. I am thinking about to buy The Manster.

Last edited: