Nov 26, 2017
Finland
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Sisu (2022)

Genre: War, Action

Director: Jalmari Helander

Cast: Jorma Tommila, Paul Anderson

Release: 2022-09-01

Plot: Deep in the wilderness of Lapland, Aatami Korpi is searching for gold. From time to time, the overflight of bombers and the distant sounds of war can be heard in the autumn night. Finally, the hard work is rewarded and the gold dust in the pan grows into gold chunks, and Aatami sets out to take his gold treasure to the nearest city. After he stumbles upon Nazi patrol led by SS Obersturmführer Bruno Helldorf, a breathtaking and gold-hungry chase through the destroyed and mined Lapland wilderness begins.

Sieppaa.JPG

Yeah, doesn't load for me either, even tried Finnish VPN, strange.

But an interesting concept.
Whenever it was done before, it was the gold bricks, not mining for alluvial gold.

My father was a gold miner, drove an SUV full of gold (around 30kg) himself all across Russian north, where there were no roads in places, so the car had to be ferried over by an army helicopter, like Lara Croft, only for real.

• Wow
Reactions: Space Cadet
Yeah, doesn't load for me either, even tried Finnish VPN, strange.

But an interesting concept.
Whenever it was done before, it was the gold bricks, not mining for alluvial gold.

My father was a gold miner, drove an SUV full of gold (around 30kg) himself all across Russian north, where there were no roads in places, so the car had to be ferried over by an army helicopter, like Lara Croft, only for real.
So you're like ... rich ?! I wanna be your friend ! :whistle:

So you're like ... rich ?! I wanna be your friend ! :whistle:
Nah, it's all long gone. First of all gold prices were three-four times lower back then, secondly it had to be sold illegally for 60 cents on the dollar to Azerbaijanis, thirdly expenses were huge, buying, getting Komatsu excavators and dredges, water, power in the middle of nowhere, fourthly it's frozen earth 9 months out of a year, so the season is short, plus all the worker's salaries, local 'bratva' mafia taking a cut, etc.
Still had the first Toyota 4Runner in the city in the early 90's, so that policemen would pull him over just to look at it.
And I got a Panasonic 3DO console. :wacky:

Sorry for offtop.

• Informative
Reactions: Space Cadet
I contacted the director in FB and asked if this movie could be released in steelbook format like his Rare Exports was. :thumbs:

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database