Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Six Underground

Genre: Action, Thriller

Director: Michael Bay

Cast: Ryan Reynolds, Lior Raz, Adria Arjona, Mélanie Laurent, Dave Franco, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo, Corey Hawkins, Ben Hardy

Release: 2020-12-31

Plot: The plot revolves around six billionaires who fake their own deaths and form an elite team to take down bad guys.

Michael Bay and Ryan Reynolds are the latest A-listers headed to Netflix.

Netflix will co-finance and distribute Bay’s next film, “Six Underground” starring Reynolds, marking the first time the director and actor will be working with the streaming service.

Skydance developed the movie and brought on Bay and Reynolds before going to Netflix to partner on the project, where it will serve as a co-financier and producer.

Bay’s home studio, Paramount, was considered at one point, given their long-standing relationship. Netflix won out after it committed to Bay’s budget of around $125 million, making it the studio’s biggest production to date, passing “The Irishman,” which sources say had a budget of around $106 million.

The deal is another milestone for Netflix and film chief Scott Stuber as the studio continues to draw major talent. Netflix has been drawing more actors like Will Smith and Brad Pitt, but Bay is one of the first big-name directors to bring a tentpole to the studio.

For the Reynolds, the movie marks another possible franchise to add to his resume, with “Deadpool 2” off to a powerful start at the box office. The other element that made “Six Underground” appealing to Reynolds, besides working with Bay for the first time, is that a Netflix film does not include the world press commitments that a major studio movie like “Deadpool” requires, and will give him the chance to immediately jump back into developing the next “Deadpool” and “X-Force” pic for Fox.

The film will also reunite him with “Deadpool” and “Deadpool 2” scribes Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese, who wrote the spec.

The actioner is based on an original idea from Wernick and Reese, who will also executive produce. Skydance’s David Ellison, Dana Goldberg, and Don Granger will produce “Six Underground” along with Bay.

Variety first reported in March that Bay was planning “Six Underground” and the Amblin pic “Robopocalypse” as his next two films. Bay still plans to shoot this and “Robopocalypse” back to back, with the latter going into production in 2019. “Six Underground” is targeting a summer start of production for a worldwide release in 2019 on Netflix.

via Variety

Okay... @bigrob and I are going absolutely apesh*t crazy over this current rumour:

Please, please, PLEASE be true! I've wanted a live-action ThunderCats my entire life and this would be a dream come true (well, it'd REALLY be a dream come true if it was my screenplay becoming the film). The only downside is that I wouldn't be able to see it on the big screen due to it being a freakin' Netflix film. Oh, well... I'll take my 'Cats as I can get them. :D

hqdefault.jpg

@tridon I'm definitely in if true. I like Reynolds' and Bay's work.

Man, this rumour has me so excited that I literally called my dad immediately after reading it. He's always loved Mumm-Ra. He still walks around and mimics the mummy's classic chant:

"Ancient Spirits of Evil, transform this decayed form into Mumm-Ra -- The Ever-Living!!!"

ComplicatedAstonishingHoneyeater-max-1mb.gif

:p

Reactions: IRON MAN
Man, this rumour has me so excited that I literally called my dad immediately after reading it. He's always loved Mumm-Ra. He still walks around and mimics the mummy's classic chant:

"Ancient Spirits of Evil, transform this decayed form into Mumm-Ra -- The Ever-Living!!!"

ComplicatedAstonishingHoneyeater-max-1mb.gif

:p

Loved the show when I was a kid. Haven't watched it since but got good memories.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Ryan Reynolds Reveals Hilarious 6 Underground Set Video

Source: ComingSoon
This marks the first collaboration between Skydance Media and Netflix for an event level feature film after collaborating on series like Grace And Frankie and Altered Carbon. This is also the first Netflix project for both Bay and Reynolds.

The cast of 6 Underground also includes Ryan Reynolds (Deadpool), Dave Franco (Now You See Me, The Disaster Artist), Manuel Garcia-Rulfo (The Magnificent Seven, Sicario: Day Of The Soldado), Adria Arjona (Pacific Rim: Uprising, Triple Frontier), Corey Hawkins (Kong: Skull Island, BlacKkKlansman), Ben Hardy (X-Men: Apocalypse), Lior Raz (Fauda), Mélanie Laurent (Operation Finale) and Payman Maadi (13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi). The plot details are currently being kept under wraps.

I'm usually well up for some Bayhem, but even the trailer for this bored me. :yawn:

I will agree, its not a great trailer. 1. its too long. 2. needed better music to get your pumped for it.

BUT I'm still looking forward to it. The footage looks rad. The cast is great. It seems like it should really have been released on the Big Screen and not just Netflix. I'm going to watch it for sure.

It's crazy…. it sounds like it… it looks like it… but you just can't see the Transformers!!!! MAGIC!!!!

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database