Multi Skull and Bones (2018)

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK

Sail the high seas of Skull and Bones, an online naval open world game set during the Golden Age of Piracy in the exotic and untamed frontier of the Indian Ocean.

Available Fall 2018 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.

ABOUT Skull and Bones:
It is the Golden Age of Piracy. Renegade captains command the most powerful weapons on Earth: warships. You are a pirate captain who has refused the king’s pardon and sailed from the Caribbean to the Indian Ocean, an untamed frontier full of lavish riches. However, these waters are also a battleground where far-reaching colonial empires, powerful trading corporations, and ruthless pirate gangs clash. In order to survive, you will have to build a lethal fleet, prey upon lucrative trade routes, and ally with other pirates in your endless struggle for supremacy.

Dominate a Dangerous Open Ocean:
A shared open world that reacts as you plunder rich trade routes

Customize Your Pirate Experience:
Choose your captain, recruit your crew and build deadly ships

Naval Combat Redefined:
Use your weapons, spyglass and even the wind to stalk and destroy your prey

Play Solo or Coop:
Raid the Hunting Grounds alone or group with other players to hunt larger prey

Explosive Multiplayer:
Enter the Disputed Waters and fight for supremacy in a variety of game modes

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007

Chris Watters visits the development team at Ubisoft Singapore for a behind-the-scenes look at Skull and Bones and what went into making its depiction of open world, multiplayer pirate life a reality.

• Thanks

Watch the world premiere of Skull and Bones official gameplay video to see a first look at rival pirate gangs fighting in explosive naval combat during the Golden Age of Piracy.

• Thanks
Wallpaper :photo:

sb wallpaper.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
The accompanying press release came with a description of the game:

“With development led by Ubisoft Singapore, SKULL & BONES will take gamers to the Golden Age of Piracy where they will create their own unique pirate captains and sail through the beautiful yet treacherous Indian Ocean filled with rich merchant trade routes to loot. Whether it is on their own or as part of a pirate gang, gamers will take the helm of their powerful warship and lead their crew into the endless battle to rule the seas and become the deadliest pirate kingpin.

SKULL & BONES is an online naval game that will take players across a dynamic, shared open-ocean that reacts to their actions and evolves to continuously challenge them. Building upon the studio’s naval gameplay expertise, SKULL & BONES introduces an innovative wind system that gives gamers tactical opportunities to navigate more quickly, shoot further, hit harder, escape deadly blows, and position themselves to decimate their victims. Gamers will also be able to build their own fleet of ships, which can specialize in different battle conditions using the game’s extensive customization options.”

Creative Director Justin Farren also shared a statement about the game:

“SKULL & BONES is the game that our team has dreamed of building ever since we first set sail singing along to sea shanties and we are excited to finally share our vision here at E3. Thanks to our systemic living world, our gameplay innovations, a strong fantasy and the team’s commitment to support the game in the long term, we believe that SKULL & BONES will bring players a unique experience allowing them to live the intriguing and thrilling life of pirates.”

DAAAAMNNN! :D There were rumors that a pirate game was being developed, looks like they were right. Looks like a lot of thought and effort went into this, I'll be adding this to my collection too. Can't wait to play this!

Auhhii Matiee, I too wish to be a Pirate! [voice of a pirate]

First thing imma do when I get the game is get a bottle of rum. Can't be a pirate without the rum. Then imma get a sword... no. No I'm going to leave the sword out of this because of the rum.

But then imma get an eye patch, and a doo rag, and some tattoos and gold teeth. Then imma complain about scurvy and 120 days later start all over.

This one definitely has my interest too... I loved just sailing around and going to battle with other ships in Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, so a game completely dedicated to that sounds/looks very cool!

• Thanks
This one definitely has my interest too... I loved just sailing around and going to battle with other ships in Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, so a game completely dedicated to that sounds/looks very cool!
Then you've had a little experience with it, I never played Black Flag so it will be a totally new experience for me. It looks like it's totally open-world too which I tend to like those type of games.

• Thanks
Then you've had a little experience with it, I never played Black Flag so it will be a totally new experience for me. It looks like it's totally open-world too which I tend to like those type of games.
You're in for a treat then mate, as I'm sure we all are! I never actually completed Black Flag because I always got carried away with just sailing around lol. So glad Ubisoft took notice of how popular it was and decided to make a full game of it. I'm really excited to see more! :)

Set sails for the Indian Ocean, its waters spoiled with treasures and fortunes. In this new Eden, there is only one rule : first come, first serve. To make it to the top of the food chain, you will need allies. But beware, for there is no honor among thieves ...

So from the footage it seems its basically Black Flag but without the Assassin's Creed name, the ship combat and UI are pretty much exactly the same. Kinda lazy of Ubisoft to just re-use a old engine / old format and stick a new name on it...but then again this is Ubisoft so it's hardly surprising

Set sails for the Indian Ocean, its waters spoiled with treasures and fortunes. In this new Eden, there is only one rule : first come, first serve. To make it to the top of the food chain, you will need allies. But beware, for there is no honor among thieves ...

That's strange? Ubi has made this video unavailable to the US, that sux!