Slipknot: We are not your kind (2019)

Robles

If you’re going through hell, keep going.
BANNED
Premium Supporter
Nov 9, 2018
UK
If your a Slipknot fan or just a fan of Metal, in general, you will not be disappointed with Slipknots latest instalment :thumbs: :notworthy: A blinder of an album for me......

1565821395040.png

If your a Slipknot fan or just a fan of Metal, in general, you will not be disappointed with Slipknots latest instalment :thumbs: :notworthy: A blinder of an album for me......

View attachment 442640
I've got to be honest, I really didn't know what all the fuss was about for the first few listens. Only Nero Forte really grabbed me instantly.

The album is definitely a 'grower' though, I do think there's a couple of filler tracks that could've been done away with to keep the momentum of the album flowing better.

The new Killswitch Engage album is another damn fine effort too. I wasn't convinced by the first few tracks they released and feared the worst, in the context of the album though it's all good. There's some quality riffage on there, a couple of tracks in particular damn near took my head clean off!

Reactions: Robles
I've got to be honest, I really didn't know what all the fuss was about for the first few listens. Only Nero Forte really grabbed me instantly.

The album is definitely a 'grower' though, I do think there's a couple of filler tracks that could've been done away with to keep the momentum of the album flowing better.

The new Killswitch Engage album is another damn fine effort too. I wasn't convinced by the first few tracks they released and feared the worst, in the context of the album though it's all good. There's some quality riffage on there, a couple of tracks in particular damn near took my head clean off!
Yeah agree mate, took me a few listens to really appreciate it and they could have 100% removed a couple of filler track and put a few other bangers in there.

Haven't listened to the new Killswitch album yet, may have to give it a listen tonight :thumbs:

Reactions: Mike Haley
Yeah agree mate, took me a few listens to really appreciate it and they could have 100% removed a couple of filler track and put a few other bangers in there.

Haven't listened to the new Killswitch album yet, may have to give it a listen tonight :thumbs:
Yeah do, I’d be interested to hear what you think.

A little bit of time to myself today so i shall 100% be giving this a listen :thumbs: If i'm honest i haven't really listened to them since Howard left o_O
As much as I liked the Howard era I was always more of a fan of Jesse. I’ve always though his vocal style fit the music better, his clean vocals are less crooning which make the melodies soar. The last few album with Jesse are well worth looking into, with Disarm the Descent being a highlight.

If you’re after something a little different I can highly recommend a band called The Offering. Their new album ‘Home’ is absolutely incredible, it will definitely be in my top 10 at the end of the year. I understand that the vocals might not be for everyone though! The musicianship on offer is first rate and the songs are composed brilliantly so things never get boring.

As much as I liked the Howard era I was always more of a fan of Jesse. I’ve always though his vocal style fit the music better, his clean vocals are less crooning which make the melodies soar. The last few album with Jesse are well worth looking into, with Disarm the Descent being a highlight.

If you’re after something a little different I can highly recommend a band called The Offering. Their new album ‘Home’ is absolutely incredible, it will definitely be in my top 10 at the end of the year. I understand that the vocals might not be for everyone though! The musicianship on offer is first rate and the songs are composed brilliantly so things never get boring.
Jesse for me in the early years was great but for me once Howard came along he seemed to bring the band to a new level and to be fair I haven't given them a chance since then and I really should.

I've heard some of the offering stuff, it's pretty good, not fully to my taste but still some decent stuff.

Reactions: Mike Haley
Yeah its definitely an album that needs a few listens to really appreciate it :thumbs:

Reactions: tathanos