Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Notes: UHD Disc only

ezgif-3-75fdecc2adee.jpg
ezgif-3-e21d6fbb541d.jpg ezgif-3-d23c1adda915.jpg
ezgif-3-e45e2b265d08.jpg

ezgif-3-2d2bdbaf582e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure that I'll buy this, but as soon as I saw this post I thought of this song:

East bound and down, loaded up and truckin'
We gonna do what they say can't be done
We've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there
I'm east bound, just watch ol' "Bandit" run

I did go see this in theaters (again) right after Burt died. I think I was the only person in the theater.

And on the spec it shows only one. I had same issue with my westworld season 3 4K set. no blu rays inside even tho it is clearly printed on the slip 4K plus blu ray. Just warning you. Seems only fair to get a blu ray copy when you are paying full price on release. I can understand if they remove blu ray later on But I like to have both otherwise it makes all the rest you own seem pointless. They shouldn’t have started including blu ray if they didn’t intend to continue.I just checked the westworld 3 4K set on zavvi and it still says includes 2d blu ray but shows 3 discs on spec.
Never go by retailers websites product details website section in regards to number of discs
Amazon and Zavvi and many other retailers often list 1 disc even when there are actually more included

This Zavvi steelbook includes both 4K UHD and Blu-ray discs

Christ this movie nearly 45 yrs old and after going to the trouble of restoring it in 4K this the best they can come up with. FFS

I understand it must be difficult to find suitable artwork for many catalog titles especially one's which use photographic images and wouldn't look right on a steelbook.

I guess it boils down to whether the studio can be bothered commissioning something new/original or just take the lazy route like this Frankenstein of a monstrosity!

They've just regurgitated covers from the 40th-anniversary blu-ray and an old DVD trilogy boxset.

Smokey1.jpg

Here's my cut n paste effort, not happy with the title font but the poster was Spanish so used font from the opening credits.

Smokey2.jpg

Not long ago bought the three film boxset for 14 quid but this steel could be really nice with potential for some really cool embossing in the style of A BUG'S LIFE :-

1618618859175.png
1618619023612.png

I have never watched these Smokey and the Bandit films. Are they really something that a good 'ole boy like me would enjoy?
I don't know that they deserve steelbook treatment, though, with so many truly great films panting in the corner begging for steelbook treatment.

I have never watched these Smokey and the Bandit films. Are they really something that a good 'ole boy like me would enjoy?
I don't know that they deserve steelbook treatment, though, with so many truly great films panting in the corner begging for steelbook treatment.
Like everything else, first one is the best.

Second one might be worth checking out depending on what you think of the first.

Third one, avoid!

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Never go by retailers websites product details website section in regards to number of discs
Amazon and Zavvi and many other retailers often list 1 disc even when there are actually more included

This Zavvi steelbook includes both 4K UHD and Blu-ray discs
Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by NBA

i had the same mail today wonder if a mod or admin could update the thread title and op?

basil :hilarious: