So you wanna be a tower climber?

tony_roach

Premium Supporter
Feb 3, 2009
District 13
<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/07b_1284580365"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/07b_1284580365" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

that **** is riDUNKculous , they are only up there to change the light out, how about an fn helicopter !

No I mean drop them off in Heli's ... Instead of going through that risk of the climb, you at least eliminate some risk of death. Its just that obviously the company doesnt want to pay for a helicopter and fuel etc.

If you ever seen those guys (there's videos out there online) who work on those like extremely high voltage lines that are like going through forests and stuff ... (they are like insanely high up too; may have been in another country cant remember) Heli's drop them off, and then they conduct themselves with the power line so they become one with it .. then they literally walk on the power and do work. Each line has another line like maybe 3 ft apart so they straddle with one leg on each. Its crazy stuff.

In this job/video a Heli could have them harness down then clip on to what they did then fly away and hover around then come back when work is done.

If you ever seen those guys (there's videos out there online) who work on those like extremely high voltage lines that are like going through forests and stuff ... (they are like insanely high up too; may have been in another country cant remember) Heli's drop them off, and then they conduct themselves with the power line so they become one with it .. then they literally walk on the power and do work. Each line has another line like maybe 3 ft apart so they straddle with one leg on each. Its crazy stuff.

I've seen that video a couple times. Completely insane, but they get paid a ton. I think it said that there are less than 10 people in the world qualified to do that kind of work. That's some job security.