Socom Confrontation Megathread

Jan 29, 2009
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation (also known as SOCOM: Confrontation) is a third person tactical shooter video game developed by Slant Six Games and published exclusively by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation 3 video game console. The game was released on October 14, 2008 on the PlayStation Network and Blu-ray Disc in North America and will be released in 2009 in Europe.[2][4] The game is the fifth title in the SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs series and the first for the PlayStation 3. An online-only shooter in the same vein as Warhawk, Confrontation came packaged the same way as Warhawk, with the retail version coming packaged with the official PlayStation 3 Bluetooth headset or as a standalone game, and also released as a downloadable title from PlayStation Network.

socom.jpg

Similar to previous games in the series, SOCOM: Confrontation focuses on online play and the global community. Also, the game will feature several playable special operations forces teams: the U.S.'s Navy SEALs, U.K.'s Special Air Service (SAS), Germany's Kommando Spezialkräfte (KSK), Spain's Unidad de Operaciones Especiales (UOE), and France's 1er Régiment Parachutiste d'Infanterie de Marine (1er RPIMa).

Special Forces gameplay trailer:

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="437" height="265" id="viddler"><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/3b513f21" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="fake=1"/><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/3b513f21" width="437" height="265" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="fake=1" name="viddler" ></embed></object>​

Last edited by a moderator:
You may have seen me playing QoS but instead I just been doing stuff here haha ... anyways, Ima switch over to Socom , hopefully we can get a few games in.

Hi, Folks-

The QA team is working their way through Patch 1.50. It's a big update with a lot of new features. We will announce details on its release in a future update.

In the meantime, I found out some details about the Tournament Matches so I wanted to share some of that with you today.

Tournament Matches
Tournaments are bracketed matches of multiple teams going head-to-head on the field of battle. Tournaments will self-balance, so that there will not be an odd number of teams. Tournament matches are separate from clan ladder matches, so your clan standing will not increase. Your personal rank will advance, however.

Tournaments can take course over a set period of time. There are separate weekday and weekend tournaments to accommodate a variety of schedules. You can join a tournament as a solo player placed on a team or you can get a party together and join a tournament as a team.

Registration
If a player selects a tournament that has not yet started they may select the tournament and pre-register for it. Any player may join a tournament as either a team leader or a team member. Players may also be auto assigned to public teams. A player does not need to be in a clan to participate in a tournament.

Scheduling
Tournaments are divided into two timeslot categories, ‘Weekend Tournaments’ and ‘Weekday Tournaments’. Weekend Tournaments run Saturday-Sunday, Weekday Tournaments run Monday-Friday. Timeslots are further divided by region.

Structure
Matches are played in a single elimination format, without consolation rounds. A tournament is broken into qualifier rounds and final rounds. On weekdays, one Qualifier is played each day throughout the week. On weekends, Qualifier 1, Qualifier 2, and Qualifier 3 are played on Saturday, while Quarterfinals, Semifinals and Final rounds are played Sunday.

Team Creation
After registration a player may choose ‘Create Team’. After selecting this, the leader must enter a ’Team Name’. Immediately after the name is entered the team will appear as their active team in ‘My Tournaments’.

Joining a Team
After registration, there are several ways a player may join a team (other than creating one of their own). Methods include accepting a team invite, requesting to join a team, and awaiting auto assignment.

The Tournament Lobby
30 minutes before match start time the tournament lobbies will be created. At this time all teams will be randomly seeded and matched up against other teams. All players of each team will be sent a game invite to join the tournament lobby.

Advancing in the Tournament
After a match finishes each team will be notified of the result of the match. If a team is eliminated then they will no longer be registered in the tournament. Also, each player will not receive any future game invitations. If the team wins, then they will be given a notification of their next match start time. Players on winning teams will join the next bracket or round in the same way that the team joined the first tournament match. For the top three positions the team will be awarded a trophy in the form of bronze for third place, silver for second place or gold for tournament winner.

Does socom have their own servers in the sense that I will be able to have my saves/stats via my psn name?

Patch 1.6 to have Free DLC

With SOCOM's 1.50 patch finally "feature complete," the guys at Slant Six decided to announce plans for patch 1.60. The release will add new Special Forces to the game: the Dutch KCT and the Italian COMSUBIN. Each Force will include new heads, voices and outfits. Each of the Forces will also don special weapons: the 417 assault rifle for the Dutch KCT and the SPAS 15 shotgun for the Italian COMSUBIN Special Forces.

Additionally, four new weapons will be available to all players with the 1.60 patch. These are the 9mm Sub Machine Gun, M82A1A, Ak-74 and SR-25. The patch will also include a number of weapon updates and adjustments to existing weapons.

Beyond patch work, Slant Six has also been working on "a major content release/pack," which will be revealed later this month.

source: playstation.joystiq.com/2009/06/24/socom-1-60-patch-gives-players-free-dlc/

SOCOM: Confrontation patches 1.50 and 1.60 detailed

The SOCOM blog has just updated with news on Confrontation's next two patches. 1.50's features are complete and gamers have been expecting it for a little while, but it has been delayed to ensure that it is as ?problem-free as possible when it is released?rather than pushing it out as is on a specific date.?

Also important to note is that some features can?t fully be tested, such as the tournaments, which can have thousands of players in them. During the first few weeks, however, Slant Six will ?ramp the size and number of tournaments during the first weeks after release to monitor and address any issues which arise.?

There?s also news on 1.60, which will fix any issues that the growth of tournaments and clan ladders may bring.

Slant Six also has this to say about DLC coming with 1.60:

--New Special Forces: The Dutch KCT and the Italian COMSUBIN Special Forces. Each Force includes new heads and voice + a light, medium and heavy variant of their own torso and legs (each with a unique camouflage pattern).

--Two new primary weapons will be immediately accessible to players who select to play as the new Special Forces; the 417 assault rifle for the Dutch KCT and the SPAS 15 shotgun for the Italian COMSUBIN Special Forces.

--Four new weapons will be available to all players regardless of assigned Special Force. These are the 9mm Sub Machine Gun, M82A1A, Ak-74 and SR-25. The 1.60 will also include a number of weapon updates and adjustments to existing weapons.

--In addition to the free DLC included with the 1.60 update we are also working to add 100% Random Medleys in the 1.60 update. We know this is a highly requested feature and we really want to get it out to you.

More DLC coming! - We can also confirm that we have been working on a major content release/pack. Look for an announcement later in the month.
________
Homemade Vaporizer

Last edited:
I tried to get into this. I think it has alot to do with the 3rd person view. I played ALOT of Rainbow Six on the xbox, and I figured this would be a good game to transfer to....not.

I can't believe there is a game with worse hitboxes than COD4. I'm going to keep trying this game ( I can't even rank up with my stupid stats constantly reseting..... )
maybe if I had people to play with it wouldn't be so bad.... (freaking Tk'ers)

meh...

yup. you gotta play this game with a clan, or a bunch of friends or something, makes the game much better.

im pretty sure a couple of guys who post here occasionally still play this game. maybe you could meet up with a couple of them.

I tried to get into this. I think it has alot to do with the 3rd person view. I played ALOT of Rainbow Six on the xbox, and I figured this would be a good game to transfer to....not.

I can't believe there is a game with worse hitboxes than COD4. I'm going to keep trying this game ( I can't even rank up with my stupid stats constantly reseting..... )
maybe if I had people to play with it wouldn't be so bad.... (freaking Tk'ers)

meh...

There's a few of us that play it every night we can. Send me, or Bailey a friend invite, and we'll get on and play with ya. (Ew ..... that sounded kinda gay, huh?) :darth:

There's a few of us that play it every night we can. Send me, or Bailey a friend invite, and we'll get on and play with ya. (Ew ..... that sounded kinda gay, huh?) :darth:

well maybe if you stop reading those teenaged love stories in a book format you wouldn't make mushy comments as stated above....so yeah its a date! :)

well after I download it....i got pissed and sold it for MGS4.....no worries, I have it all under Lortnoc....

Last edited:
well maybe if you stop reading those teenaged love stories in a book format you wouldn't make mushy comments as stated above....so yeah its a date! :)

well after I download it....i got pissed and sold it for MGS4.....no worries, I have it all under Lortnoc....

Good one! :hilarious:

Dart, you guys still play that game on Tuesday? or Wednesday?

Good one! :hilarious:

Dart, you guys still play that game on Tuesday? or Wednesday?

LOL You guys crack me up :hilarious:

It's Tuesday's for the weekly Socom night. And of course any other night people feel like playing, but Tuesday is the big meet up night. Most of the guys meet up at about 5 pm EST and play for a few hours.