Socom Confrontation Megathread

Jan 29, 2009
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation (also known as SOCOM: Confrontation) is a third person tactical shooter video game developed by Slant Six Games and published exclusively by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation 3 video game console. The game was released on October 14, 2008 on the PlayStation Network and Blu-ray Disc in North America and will be released in 2009 in Europe.[2][4] The game is the fifth title in the SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs series and the first for the PlayStation 3. An online-only shooter in the same vein as Warhawk, Confrontation came packaged the same way as Warhawk, with the retail version coming packaged with the official PlayStation 3 Bluetooth headset or as a standalone game, and also released as a downloadable title from PlayStation Network.

socom.jpg

Similar to previous games in the series, SOCOM: Confrontation focuses on online play and the global community. Also, the game will feature several playable special operations forces teams: the U.S.'s Navy SEALs, U.K.'s Special Air Service (SAS), Germany's Kommando Spezialkräfte (KSK), Spain's Unidad de Operaciones Especiales (UOE), and France's 1er Régiment Parachutiste d'Infanterie de Marine (1er RPIMa).

Special Forces gameplay trailer:

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="437" height="265" id="viddler"><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/3b513f21" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="fake=1"/><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/3b513f21" width="437" height="265" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="fake=1" name="viddler" ></embed></object>​

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing about Socom is its like wine, it's an aquired taste. At first you think the game is boring but it turns out to be alot of fun. Just dont die in the first 10 seconds of an elim match ;) Plus, you'll get better as you put more time in the game and then you can have more fun with it.

It's actually quite good, it starts slow and takes you a bit to figure out that you are not suppose to run and gun otherwise you will not be playing much.

An inside source (and very credible one) has filled us in with some great news for SOCOM: Confrontation players. There’s suppose to be new downloadable content coming out for Confrontation which includes five new maps, three of which are new to Confrontation and two that are totally new to the SOCOM series. And that’s not all. The new DLC is also said to contain new weapons, new attachments and a new faction: Russians. Still think that’s not enough new content? Well, the new DLC is also said to add turrets to maps, new character models and two new game modes that are only going to be for the new maps.

As a huge SOCOM fan since the series installment on the PS2, I’m really hoping this rumor of new DLC is true and, hopefully, comes out soon. Remember, there’s no word of if or when this new content will come out. I guess we’ll have to wait and see what developer Slant Six will do.

ony has confirmed that tactical shooter SOCOM: Confrontation will be released in the UK on March 13, followed by a general European release on March 18.

In addition to the Blu-ray release, the game will also be available to download via PlayStation Network on March 19. The game has been a long time coming to PAL regions, having been available in North America since October of last year.

Despite a couple of dodgy moments, we came away suitably impressed with Slant Six Games’ efforts, as you can see from our review

Im pretty sure its been out ... otherwise maybe it has just been out via dl off PSN

that's weird then how the hell did Bailey and Elmo get their hands on this?

i imported the game from ebay i did now want to wait till the original uk release date which was ment to be in november but then the game was announce to be delayed for another 4 months

i imported the game from ebay i did now want to wait till the original uk release date which was ment to be in november but then the game was announce to be delayed for another 4 months

I was right, did you enjoy your imported game?

fix the title, its spelled wrong.

hehehe had to yank your chain cali ... what's euope?

fix the title, its spelled wrong.

hehehe had to yank your chain cali ... what's euope?

stupid keyboard, I type too fast , and sometimes windows 7 is weird and pops up my right click when i type too fast, I'll fix it, i'm an idiot.

i love this game and play it every night even with its problems with lag its still one of the best games on the ps3 and will still be playing it when killzone 2 comes out

I'm with bailey on this, the more I play it the more I like it. Plus when six or seven of your blu brothers are on it just makes it more fun.

I'm with bailey on this, the more I play it the more I like it. Plus when six or seven of your blu brothers are on it just makes it more fun.

I might actually have to try this game again, its been collecting dust, but i've been playing 50 other games... ah, too many games and killzone 2 is on the 27th, that and tests in the next 2 weeks.. ah, i'm going to go crazy.