[CANCELLED] Solo: A Star Wars Story (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #49) [China]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m glad to see that Blufans will continue the SW releases with this. Haven’t seen it yet but will keep the post-Lucas Blufans collection going anyway.

Box office is a measure of how many people paid to see a movie, not a measure of how many people liked a movie.
You’re right, but I don’t think Disney looks at it that way. If it grossed just a million dollars, then they know they made a mess of it, not with the current $1.3 billion.
For Disney a signal they’re on the right track.

I haven’t seen Solo yet, it will be a blind buy. But definitely will buy the UHD and this edition of course.

Box office is a measure of how many people paid to see a movie, not a measure of how many people liked a movie.
You’re right, but I don’t think Disney looks at it that way. If it grossed just a million dollars, then they know they made a mess of it, not with the current $1.3 billion.
For Disney a signal they’re on the right track.

I haven’t seen Solo yet, it will be a blind buy. But definitely will buy the UHD and this edition of course.

Absolutely agree with the first statement here.. you have to first pay to see a film to realise you don't like it and the fact is the majority of Star Wars fans did not like this movie. As a movie it has been shot well, the acting is fine and the special effects are great...technically it's a good movie but as most would agree, it's not a good Star Wars movie.

As for the second statement, I think Disney do see it the way the fans are seeing it because Solo has made peanuts compared to Rogue One, Force Awakens and Last Jedi. For this reason they've scrapped their "a Star Wars story" slate and are currently on a course correction. Did it tank because of Last Jedi? I think that's a big part as that movie left a bad taste in alot of fans mouths. Ultimately throwing a Star Wars movie out every year going forward hinges mainly on the core fan base and if you're pissing them off with ****** movies then they just won't come, just like with Solo. I personally liked Solo, preferred it to Rogue One but that's me.

• Thanks
Reactions: Leafs17 and C.C. 95
well i for one want a copy of @Noodles design embosed title and coat of high gloss

125-solo-sc-png.389880

basil :thumbs:

still didn't watch the film, and it's got so many mix reviews, so is it worth it? i enjoyed Rogue One tho...

go watch it bloody good film imho stands up on its own and should have been called when han met chewie really.
if you go in with an open mind and expect nothing the story unfolds nicely.

too many people got there hissy fit on with last jedi then never bothered with this.

basil :thumbs:

Absolutely agree with the first statement here.. you have to first pay to see a film to realise you don't like it and the fact is the majority of Star Wars fans did not like this movie. As a movie it has been shot well, the acting is fine and the special effects are great...technically it's a good movie but as most would agree, it's not a good Star Wars movie.

As for the second statement, I think Disney do see it the way the fans are seeing it because Solo has made peanuts compared to Rogue One, Force Awakens and Last Jedi. For this reason they've scrapped their "a Star Wars story" slate and are currently on a course correction. Did it tank because of Last Jedi? I think that's a big part as that movie left a bad taste in alot of fans mouths. Ultimately throwing a Star Wars movie out every year going forward hinges mainly on the core fan base and if you're pissing them off with ****** movies then they just won't come, just like with Solo. I personally liked Solo, preferred it to Rogue One but that's me.
June 2018 Lucasfilms had said the following
Lucasfilm isn't scraping their Star Wars Story plans
Lucasfilm said the rumors were "inaccurate" and "speculative at best." Lucasfilm have said that there are still "multiple" Star Wars films currently in development that have not been officially announced

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/multiple-films-star-wars-pipeline-sources/story?id=56057987

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DMD4k
I loved the movie, and I think really the main thing working against it was that there had just been a Star Wars movie a few months earlier (and Avengers and Deadpool just weeks earlier). If they'd delayed Solo until Christmas, or May 2019, it would have been fine. It also seems a little premature to write it off as a total flop before the home release. The same thing happened with Blade Runner 2049--and then the blu-ray turned out to be one of the best-selling discs of the year.

Another minor thing that I see happening is that the trilogy movies are aimed at an audience that has relatively low engagement with Star Wars. You don't have to have read the books and graphic novels and so forth--everything is handed to you with a lot of obvious exposition. The standalones, however, seem geared for the True Fans, who do have all the details in mind and want to see them referenced on-screen. How would the casual viewer have had any idea what was going on with that cameo at the end of Solo, for example? But those of us who have followed the story in books, Rebels series, etc., were pretty excited.

(I share all this with a healthy dose of "Who in the world cares about my opinion??" self-awareness.) ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: WendyUncharted
July 2018 Disney had said
Lucasfilm isn't scrapping their A Star Wars Story plans
Lucasfilm said the rumors were "inaccurate" and "speculative at best." Lucasfilm have said that there are still "multiple" Star Wars films currently in development that have not been officially announced

That whole statement is so vague if that's what they're actually saying. To say rumours are inaccurate isn't saying they're wrong completely, there's probably elements that aren't true but I also bet there are elements that are. The facts are they outright stated they would be making and releasing a new Star Wars film every year going forward from the Force Awakens. Before Last Jedi officially released they were making statements on because how great the movie was that Rian Johnson would be getting his own trilogy and there were plenty of talks of a Boba Fett and Obi Wan Kenobi movie. Last Jedi releases, pretty much hated or that's the general consensus. Solo comes out and flops at the box office by Disney standards especially compared to the previous 3 films then all of a sudden Johnson's trilogy buzz goes away... no confirmation of the next movie after episode IX and lots of inside reports of a reshuffling of power inside Lucasfilm. Where there is smoke there's fire

Status
Not open for further replies.