digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
hdzeta.png

https://shop.hdzeta.com/

Feel free to share experiences, feedback, etc about this retailer.​

Last edited:
Hey guys, sorry to be a collecting newbie, but I'd really like to get some clarity on how HD Zeta purchases work. What I mean by that is, whenever I go on their website, links seem to be broken - for example when the Dark Knight films were up for pre order, whenever you clicked on it, the link wouldn't exist, saying it couldn't load the page. And they always seem to have the same films available - Argo, Angry birds, Terminator, and nothing else.

Now I've seen people on here talk about if they're 'lucky enough' to get a copy, like it's really difficult to get a new release, and saying how HD Zeta doesn't treat us well here at Hi Def Ninja. So, do you order somehow through this website? I don't understand how it works, I always find myself having to buy them for way more money on eBay because I don't understand how to order one of their new releases. And their lineup this year looks great!

I'm sorry if this is a really dumb question, but I couldn't find any information about this online. Help would be appreciated! Thanks :)

@therealrobbo Moved your post here for better exposure since they release steelbooks.

They sometimes offer certain titles on here via group buys. You'll need to subscribe to the relevant thread to be made aware if a GB will be coming up or not and you can subscribe to the GB section itself (link below) to be notified whenever any steelbook GB is posted.

Reactions: therealrobbo
@therealrobbo Moved your post here for better exposure since they release steelbooks.

They sometimes offer certain titles on here via group buys. You'll need to subscribe to the relevant thread to be made aware if a GB will be coming up or not and you can subscribe to the GB section itself (link below) to be notified whenever any steelbook GB is posted.

Thanks for replying! Okay cool, so can you explain exactly to me what a Group Buy is? So you don't just buy it off the website, like a Mantalab for example? Sorry!

You can buy direct from them but their site has security issues depending on your bank/web browser/time of day combination. They usually sell out in minutes, sometimes seconds.
Your best bet is a GB or, as you know, eBay/classifieds.

Thanks for replying! Okay cool, so can you explain exactly to me what a Group Buy is? So you don't just buy it off the website, like a Mantalab for example? Sorry!

A group buy is hosted by someone who has access to X release. It is a convenient way to get coveted titles before their release (when a GB is offered for a given title). Blufans releases for exmaple can be only had through GBs as they haven't sold anything on their site for years.

Here's a post by our @Actarus about how to buy from a GB

You can buy direct from them but their site has security issues depending on your bank/web browser/time of day combination. They usually sell out in minutes, sometimes seconds.
Your best bet is a GB or, as you know, eBay/classifieds.

Yes I find their website very broken, any link I click on often doesn't work, and like you say it can sell out in seconds. So is a group buy where HD Zeta (in this case) allocates a certain amount to collector groups, and it's the first people who set dibs gets a copy?

A group buy is hosted by someone who has access to X release. It is a convenient way to get coveted titles before their release (when a GB is offered for a given title). Blufans releases for exmaple can be only had through GBs as they haven't sold anything on their site for years.

Here's a post by our @Actarus about how to buy from a GB

I see, and so that process is the same for all of them? I know it could vary, but do you know what the average amount of copies someone would get? And it's first in best dressed basically?

Yes I find their website very broken, any link I click on often doesn't work, and like you say it can sell out in seconds. So is a group buy where HD Zeta (in this case) allocates a certain amount to collector groups, and it's the first people who set dibs gets a copy?
Pretty much.
Read this: Buying from a GB

Yes, you will find proper info in their respective threads and usually plenty of time in advance. As Iron Man pointed out, subscribe to the threads you're interested in and you won't miss a thing.

Reactions: therealrobbo
Yes, you will find proper info in their respective threads and usually plenty of time in advance. As Iron Man pointed out, subscribe to the threads you're interested in and you won't miss a thing.

Amazing, I've set to watch the Group buys as well as HD Zeta specifically :) thanks for all the help both of you, appreciate it, now I understand!

Reactions: DMD4k
Sad news for anyone who’s paid for LOTR HDZeta Pre-orders from Group Buys. That includes me.

My friend passed me this video which only came out a few hours ago to show HDZeta has committed fraud and ran off with $750K worth of pre-orders and filing for bankruptcy. According to the Video Scanavo has no reference of the production or documents of the steelbooks.

Currently their website is down. That’s all I know so far. If this is true then a lot of us have been scammed.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG, shock to know that and sorry for those who had pre order the LOTR HDZeta Pre-orders from Group Buys.
I hope this doesn't happen to Weet or Mantalab or Nova Media.

I mean using the Steelbook website as 'proof' that Scanavo doesn't know about these releases is a bit of a stretch given that website has been known for miss-information in the past

Reactions: Wreck
Status
Not open for further replies.