UK
3.50 star(s) Rating: 3.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Sonic the Hedgehog (2020)

Tagline: A Whole New Speed of Hero

Genre: Animation, Action, Adventure

Director: Jeff Fowler

Cast: Ben Schwartz, James Marsden and Jim Carrey,

Release: 2020-02-14

Plot: Based on the global blockbuster videogame franchise from Sega, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG tells the story of the world's speediest hedgehog as he embraces his new home on Earth. In this live-action adventure comedy, Sonic and his new best friend Tom (James Marsden) team up to defend the planet from the evil genius Dr. Robotnik (Jim Carrey) and his plans for world domination.

This fan-edited trailer gives us a look at what the game version of Sonic would look like...

I really hope this is not what we get :OMG:
I'm glad you said it first, because the reactions to it online have been extremely positive, so I was beginning to think I'm the only one not really liking it. Whilst it does look more like Sonic from the games, it makes the whole thing just look like an animation and he stands out like a sore thumb when stood next to anything real (which is all the time lol)... it's like Roger Rabbit, but not in a good way.

I'm glad you said it first, because the reactions to it online have been extremely positive, so I was beginning to think I'm the only one not really liking it. Whilst it does look more like Sonic from the games, it makes the whole thing just look like an animation and he stands out like a sore thumb when stood next to anything real (which is all the time lol)... it's like Roger Rabbit, but not in a good way.
I still stick to my original comment of saying that I didn't think that there was anything wrong with the first creation and think that it should have been stuck with. I don't think that it will look like this by the end, as the team working on this had a clear idea of how they wanted him to look and a very animated copy of the game isn't it.

Personally, think it looks a whole lot worse like this and just won't work in a live action film, the character needs to look believable and this certainly isn't. One thing that we can be sure of is that this won't be the only film in this franchise, no way they would go to the trouble if it was, this character is there for a few films at least hence the panic to get it redone.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I still stick to my original comment of saying that I didn't think that there was anything wrong with the first creation and think that it should have been stuck with. I don't think that it will look like this by the end, as the team working on this had a clear idea of how they wanted him to look and a very animated copy of the game isn't it.

Personally, think it looks a whole lot worse like this and just won't work in a live action film, the character needs to look believable and this certainly isn't. One thing that we can be sure of is that this won't be the only film in this franchise, no way they would go to the trouble if it was, this character is there for a few films at least hence the panic to get it redone.
I agree with you 100% mate. Whilst their original version did look kinda odd to me, I understand why they went with that look and I'm sure it would've grown one me... plus, it wouldn't have taken away from my overall enjoyment of the film (that's up to the plot). And lets face it... it's a film for kids, who won't care if he looks exactly like the game version (hell, most of them have probably never even played/seen the games). Whilst I look forward to seeing the updated version, I do reckon they should've just stuck to their guns and saved themselves lot of time and money.

D76ezf-UEAAIVy7.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Robles
Got a little sneak peak at the new and improved design this morning, quite liked the original but the people spoke and wanted a more realistic concept:thumbs:

I know you were both waiting to see it @Noodles @TheCollector86 So here it is guys. Quite looking forward to the release now :happy:
65138268-7AC3-4229-B175-420011A967FD.jpeg

Bit smaller than I expected tho :wow:

Got a little sneak peak at the new and improved design this morning, quite liked the original but the people spoke and wanted a more realistic concept:thumbs:

I know you were both waiting to see it @Noodles @TheCollector86 So here it is guys. Quite looking forward to the release now :happy:
Bit smaller than I expected tho :wow:
Hmm... he doesn't look realistic enough IMO.

P.S. I genuinely believed you there for a sec. :squint: :p

• Haha
Reactions: Robles
Hahaha, sorry mate just had to post it after my boy showed me the picture :rofl::LOL: