UK
3.50 star(s) Rating: 3.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Sonic the Hedgehog (2020)

Tagline: A Whole New Speed of Hero

Genre: Animation, Action, Adventure

Director: Jeff Fowler

Cast: Ben Schwartz, James Marsden and Jim Carrey,

Release: 2020-02-14

Plot: Based on the global blockbuster videogame franchise from Sega, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG tells the story of the world's speediest hedgehog as he embraces his new home on Earth. In this live-action adventure comedy, Sonic and his new best friend Tom (James Marsden) team up to defend the planet from the evil genius Dr. Robotnik (Jim Carrey) and his plans for world domination.

View attachment 452429

Saw this on Twitter apparently this is the redesign of Sonic. If it's real then it was definitely worth the fans pushing back on the original design.

Completely agree. I wasn’t really interested in this movie before the first version was released but the way the director took the response from fans as constructive criticism I will definitely be seeing this.

Has there actually been any film based on a video game that was actually excellent?. I'm struggling to remember one....
Does Wreck it Ralph count? The first Mortal Kombat wasn't bad and the Resident films were good but if you want actual excellence then Super Mario Bros.

Has there actually been any film based on a video game that was actually excellent?. I'm struggling to remember one....

I heard Detective Pikachu was pretty good. Ttwo movies come to mind that expire the concept of video games that aren’t actually playable would be Edge of Tomorrow and the most recent Jumanji.

I think it actually looks decent. It's aimed at kids, it's never going to fully satisfy me, like Detective Pikachu. But kids will like it and the new design looks miles better
Same feelings here... I reckon kids will love it, whilst also being mildly entertaining for us adults too. I'll be giving it a go for sure!

Reactions: davhyl
IMG_20191112_215544.jpg

Reactions: kaw and Noodles