UK
3.50 star(s) Rating: 3.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Sonic the Hedgehog (2020)

Tagline: A Whole New Speed of Hero

Genre: Animation, Action, Adventure

Director: Jeff Fowler

Cast: Ben Schwartz, James Marsden and Jim Carrey,

Release: 2020-02-14

Plot: Based on the global blockbuster videogame franchise from Sega, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG tells the story of the world's speediest hedgehog as he embraces his new home on Earth. In this live-action adventure comedy, Sonic and his new best friend Tom (James Marsden) team up to defend the planet from the evil genius Dr. Robotnik (Jim Carrey) and his plans for world domination.

Not the biggest issue in the world but it annoys me they didn't go for his comic origin story where he's brown

There's never been an official canon origin set for him so I always took this as the closest thing, such a wasted opportunity

Of course it means actually making Doctor Robotnik part of Mobius rather than Earth...urgh they should have left the Earth stuff out of this and it wouldn't have been Hop!: Sonic Edition

Untitledd.png

Saw this during the weekend…
personnally, Carey's all-over-the-place-1994-1995-Ace-Ventura moves were too much (and freaking useless), but overal, the movie was much better than what I thought!
Miss truly laugh her *** off and Junior… well… he was sold even before entering the movie theater so… ;)

Reactions: Noodles and vexred
I took my nephews to see this today. We all loved it!

Sure its silly... but for a kids movie its very entertaining, even for myself. The theater even clapped after it was done thats how much people liked it.
Be sure to stay through the first credits for a great extra scene that any fan of the games will be excited about.
I hope they make a sequel (and looking at the box office numbers looks like there is a chance).

Reactions: Drum18 and Noodles