PS4 Sony Teases PS4 Street Fighter Title

GVZER

苦い
Premium Supporter
Jun 3, 2010
Deep Deep Hole
Two things you should know about me: I love Street Fighter, and I love weird things. So when Sony released this Hadouken Cabs video this morning, my brain caught on fire!

It all started with an email to vg247 that stated:

“Don’t just call a cab! Call Hadouken Cabs! Hadouken Cabs. Knocking the competition out since 1987.”

What followed was a bizarrely amazing video for a Hadouken Cabs service:

The video is packed with hidden messages that most Street Fighter fans will pick up on. The phone number for the service is 0830 1987-KO... the original Street Fighter came out on August 30th, 1987. The license plate of the cab is PS1994... the original Playstation launched in 1994 in Japan (US was in 1995).

We already know that Ultra Street Fighter IV will be coming out on PS3, XBOX 360, and PC sometime early next year and many found the lack of a next gen announcement odd. There are a few frames in the video that show a Playstation 4 controller... so it's obvious that Street Fighter will be coming to that console in some form.

It could mean that Ultra Street Fighter IV will be hitting Playstation 4 in time for the Japanese launch next year. We also know that starting last month, Street Fighter Producer Yoshinori Ono announced on Twitter that they are hiring staff for a new next-gen fighting game.

I want.... no, Capcom wants Game Designer and programer for New Fighting Game. Its location at Tokyo or Osaka Studio. http://t.co/kqkLjSnWtl

— Yoshinori Ono (@Yoshi_OnoChin) October 24, 2013
I find it a bit too early for them to announce Street Fighter V on Playstation 4... and Hadouken Cabs encourages you to use the hashtag #4theplayers... which would indicate Street Fighter IV. Still, with Microsoft having the Killer Instinct series locked down, having Sony get some form of exclusive Street Fighter game would be a shinkuu hadouken in the next-gen fight.

Awesome :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Leshita
I tried to get back into fighters on the PS3, just got bored after like 10 minutes. I tried again to get back into fighters on my PS4, just got bored again after 10 minutes. Guess i'm over fighters.

I still love fighters. It is my favourite genre of actual gameplay based games (still prefer atmosphere / narrative based games like SOTC though). I got a couple of my consoles over my gaming-life just to play a single fighter for the system. I got a PSX just for Tekken 3, then I discovered Metal Gear Solid which significantly shifted my taste in games and it as an art medium.

I really hope Ultra SFIV comes out on the PS4 at least, because I am trying not to get anymore PS3 games between now and when I purchase a PS4.
I cannot wait to see what SFV looks like in 2-3 years, hoping they do away with the art style and go back to a more hand-drawn look even if it is simulated by a cel-shading technique like Guilty Gear Xrd.

I always felt fighting games worked best in groups, where games are quick and everyone can be involved in a short time frame. Particularly in the "older' days, when having more than a few controllers wasn't as common. But I've never fouond them super exiciting to play on your own.

Very intriguing, I've never been a huge street fighter fan. More of a tekken guy. Be very interesting to see if they make any drastic changes or keep it largely the same game.