Disney+ Soul - Streaming December 25, 2020

Saw the trailer... looked boring...
Saw the movie... it IS boring...

But little one enjoyed it.

I really thought adults would prefer this to the little ones but clearly I’m wrong.

I really wasn’t expecting the voices of graham norton and Richard Ayode though. That was a nice surprise

I really thought adults would prefer this to the little ones but clearly I’m wrong.

I really wasn’t expecting the voices of graham norton and Richard Ayode though. That was a nice surprise
That's a new thing Disney are doing recently.

If you watched the U.S. version I get the voices would be different.

That's a new thing Disney are doing recently.

If you watched the U.S. version I get the voices would be different.

I watched it on Disney+ U.K.

Are they not the same voices in the US version then? They’ve never done that before have they?

Pretty sure they've done it with one of the Cars and something else I can't remember.....

I never knew they Have changed voices for regions before. Who voices the norton and ayoade characters in the US version? I can’t find it on wiki

hahahaha I didn’t realise Clarkson took over pivens voice for the U.K. thats Mad lol

But I don’t find Ayode strange at all. He’s a director, actor, comedian etc. He’s quite well known Over the pond plus he’s had Paul Rudd and rebel Wilson on his travel show. And Norton was originally a actor, plus he knows the whole of Hollywood because of his show over here. A lot watch the interviews over the pond so they will know who he is. But yeah I do get what you mean too.
because if that’s the case then they would of replaced the lady who’s the other voice. The one from New Zealand who’s in Thor ragnarok.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Watched it. Its garbage. One of their worst. It's all over the place.

Pixar need to take a step back and ease up on the serious/heavy stories. Younger kids haven't a clue at whats going on. Let kids be kids. They don't need to be thinking about death so early on......

Wow. I felt the complete opposite. I loved it and didn't find it boring at all.
Might even be one of my favorite movies of the year.
This

Watched it. Its garbage. One of their worst. It's all over the place.

Pixar need to take a step back and ease up on the serious/heavy stories. Younger kids haven't a clue at whats going on. Let kids be kids. They don't need to be thinking about death so early on......

why? Why do they have to be for kids? They’ve never been like that since day one except maybe cars. I love that these are for adults too because they actually make great films. Animated films with excellent stories, cinematography and characters. I’m glad Pixar are like that.
leave dreamworks and the other crappy animated companies for the kids. Let Pixar do their thing

Their cinematography is better than 70% of live action films. It’s rare and beautiful

• Friendly
Reactions: kaw
why? Why do they have to be for kids? They’ve never been like that since day one except maybe cars.
What a daft question mate. They've always been for kids. This is Disney we're talking about. I'm pretty sure they didn't start out making Toy Story for adults! Not to mention all the kids merchandise that ties in with each movie.

I'm not saying the movies don't look gorgeous. They're easily the best animation studio for me. And the reason why I love watching them.

They started getting 'heavier' around Inside Out. And have you watched the Pixar animators shorts on D+?

After watching some of those I'm convinced they're on hard drugs over there!

Reactions: Flloydo
What a daft question mate. They've always been for kids. This is Disney we're talking about. I'm pretty sure they didn't start out making Toy Story for adults! Not to mention all the kids merchandise that ties in with each movie.

I'm not saying the movies don't look gorgeous. They're easily the best animation studio for me. And the reason why I love watching them.

They started getting 'heavier' around Inside Out. And have you watched the Pixar animators shorts on D+?

After watching some of those I'm convinced they're on hard drugs over there!
I was supposed to say “why do they just have to be for kids?” so I can see why my comment looks like I’m implying they are just for adults.

whilst I still agree with some stuff you are saying and yeah at their core they are for kids but it’s not a daft question at all. All their inside jokes are for adults and adults appreciate the story telling and cinematography much more than a really young child. That’s not to say kids learn from them about death etc (I certainly did with the Disney animation as a kid) but this isn’t a new thing with Pixar.

Up, wall.e, Toy story 3, ratatouille, monsters inc, Nemo to name a few are all about death, dealing with your wrong doings, human nature, accepting everyone around you etc. It’s just layered by colourful characters kids like. As they get older and watch them back they notice these things

I keep forgetting about the shorts though. I used to love them but I’ve not seen the most recent ones. I’ll have to check them out.

and you do realise pretty much all 60s/ 70s/ 80s and even 90s cartoons and kids shows to a degree was influenced by adults on drugs. That’s not a bad thing. Because kids love colours and weird sh!t. It’s just as adults we see the true meaning and why that stuff is used. We realise as adults the majority of these creations are batsh!t clearly created or inspired by weed, LSD, mushrooms etc. Even the music. Look into the creators behind the Moomins music. The ideas and characters in the magic roundabout. The ideas And characters in adventure time. This isn’t a new thing. It’s just Pixar do it in a more classy way.
Never ending story, labyrinth, dark crystal, return to oz .... all for kids and clearly made by creature creators and story tellers who took drugs

dreamworks and the other studios that make animated films are still for adults too and include adult jokes but Pixar just tackle the hidden and suggestive issues much better. Plus they just make better films.

this was a stunning film. It teaches kids about following dreams, accepting each other..... and makes the adults sad that didn’t (Lol). It’s fine you didn’t like it, everything is subjective anyway but this was far from garbage even if you wasn’t a fan of the direction it took or it’s storytelling.

Last edited:
By the way I’m not suggesting or saying the Pixar teams/ creators are on drugs. Infact I’d say that’s very taboo and frowned upon in that company. Maybe a few secret weed smokers but I can’t imagine anything other than that

• Haha
By the way I’m not suggesting or saying the Pixar teams/ creators are on drugs. Infact I’d say that’s very taboo and frowned upon in that company. Maybe a few secret weed smokers but I can’t imagine anything other than that
I bet there was a little more than Weed going on back when Jobs first took them over :LOL::rofl:

As for the film, I didn't really think much of it but then again my little one was awake the whole time so didn't really watch it properly I'm just going off what bits I did see. Id have to re-watch the film on my own. Kids and Missus didn't really think much of it either which was a surprise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flloydo