UK
Release date: 27th of October, 2015
Purchase links: BestBuy.com - Amazon
Price: $26.99
Group buy: apsmith21

_MG_2349.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Good film!

There's nothing original about Southpaw as it feels like a patchwork of plot points seen in other boxing films (disappointing coming from The Shield/Sons of Anarchy's Kurt Sutter), BUT while predictible it's also wholly enjoyable, the cast is perfect, Gylenhaal proves once again he's one of the best actors nowadays, the emotional beats do work, and at the end you're glad you watched it, at least I was :). Owning the steelbook, now that's another matter.

Reactions: T800kaz and harry
Really enjoyed this movie Jake was fabulous in his role. Would be happy to see this get a kimchi, Nova,or Blufans release...

Reactions: harry
Good film!

There's nothing original about Southpaw as it feels like a patchwork of plot points seen in other boxing films (disappointing coming from The Shield/Sons of Anarchy's Kurt Sutter), BUT while predictible it's also wholly enjoyable, the cast is perfect, Gylenhaal proves once again he's one of the best actors nowadays, the emotional beats do work, and at the end you're glad you watched it, at least I was :). Owning the steelbook, now that's another matter.
100% agree. Nothing groundbreaking, but its works completely.
Even cried a few times and I never blub at movies

Any gbs for this?:naughty:
anyone?

LOVE this movie.