Released: Sept, 7, 2018
Platforms: PS4
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK

Game of the Year Edition

48630803758_ea183eb186_o.png

1.jpg

Creative Director Bryan Intihar provided more details on the newly announced Spider Man game.
  • Spider Man is the biggest game ever for Insomniac, and the most ambitious game ever for Marvel.
  • It’s an open world game.
  • The game has been in development for “quite some time.”
  • It’s not part of the films, and Insomniac is doing a bit of its own thing and “mixing things up” to an extent. It’s an original story, and this was an opportunity for Insomniac Games to create “their own Spider Man universe.” It still respects the tradition of the franchise but the developers can afford to take some liberties, for instance with the design of Spider Man’s suit, that could be seen in the trailer.
  • It’s getting better and better every day as development progresses.
  • This is a story where Spider Man’s world and Peter Parker’s world collide. It focuses on who is the man under the mask, and who the man becomes after he puts the mask on.
  • The game is confirmed as a PS4 exclusive, published by Sony Interactive Entertainment.
  • Spider Man is a working title, for now.
220px-Spider-Man_PS4_cover.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon and kaw
so, has anyone done all 3 DLC's?
I've just done the first but intend on running through the last two back to back.

what did you guys think of it so far?

so, base game and DLC all in one?
Yes Spider-Man PS4's GOTY Edition gets you the game and all the DLC for a discount

Spider-Man PS4 has a brand new Game of the Year edition that bundles in the base game and all of its DLC, and you can pick it up right now for $39.99 / $54.86. The new package arrives just short of a year after the original game's release date, giving folks who haven't yet experienced the virtual thrill of swinging around New York a nice discount on the complete adventures of Earth-1048's Peter Parker. The complete adventures until Insomniac (fresh off of its purchase by Sony) gets around to putting out a sequel, anyway.

The base game is worth that discounted price of admission alone, whether you're a huge Spider-Fan who has read all the comics and re-watched Spider-Man: Far From Home a dozen times, or if you're a newcomer who just thinks that suit's shiny white spider looks cool. The web swinging is some of the most fun you'll have just moving around in any game, and the story offers a refreshing take on familiar characters like Parker himself as well as Aunt May and Mary-Jane Watson (it takes place in a universe separate from both the comics and the film series). The Spider-Man PS4 Easter eggs are pretty good too, including a full-fledged cameo from the late, great Stan Lee.

Once you finish the main story - assuming you ever stop working on the side activities - you can move on to the City that Never Sleeps DLC. Its three-part adventure takes place after the main campaign and gives more spotlight to less-developed characters like Black Cat and Silver Sable. With Spider-Man's MCU future uncertain, at least you can keep enjoying Insomniac Games' take on the character for hours and hours.

48630803758_ea183eb186_o.png

Assumed it would be the whole nine yards

Always on fantastic games - got Shadow of Mordor and Borderlands GOTY editions and keep eyeing Witcher 3(though I sink enough time in Destiny 2 so not sure a long ass game is a good idea)

Still, like you say, great price for a great game.
Though some of the DLC was weak and annoyingly to 100% IMO but as a whole the game was still enjoyable

I always buy the deluxe editions on whatever game I buy so it comes with the season pass and all the DLC. I guess for folks just getting into Spider-Man it would be better to go ahead and buy the GOTY edition but for those that have already played it or should I say purchased the standard edition I wouldn't recommend the GOTY edition.

When I do pick up a PS4 this will definitely be the first game I pick up for it, the game looks excellent and have wanted to play it for quite some time.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
I always buy the deluxe editions on whatever game I buy so it comes with the season pass and all the DLC. I guess for folks just getting into Spider-Man it would be better to go ahead and buy the GOTY edition but for those that have already played it or should I say purchased the standard edition I wouldn't recommend the GOTY edition.
Agreed

I picked up a disc copy purely for the steelbook last year and due to gamesharing with a buddy, sold the ameray.

might pick this up at some point purely for the disc(the plan was always to buy the disc again purely so I dont have an empty case, at some point anyway)

Reactions: Lone Crusader