Spider-Man (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (WeET Collection Exclusive No.09) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: July 29, 2021
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti - Box Set (Pre-order on July 23, at 2 PM - Korea time)
Price: $51.99 (Individual Editions) - $335 (Box Set)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Full Slip - Lenti - Box Set

Note: Total Print Run: 2,500 copies
Full Slip (Type A) (2disc: 4K UHD + BD) - 650 copies with Numbered Card
Lenti (Fullslip) (Type B) (2disc: 4K UHD + BD) - 850 copies with Numbered Card
Box Set - (1~500 Same Numbered 6 Single Editions + Magnet Lenticular)

220050537_4782255091809330_5170454416211917249_n.jpg212818103_4782248861809953_6507380514538649719_n.jpg214982135_4782250125143160_7221517523977201484_n.jpg
162061288_4419922441375932_2129398996228026933_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Time matters, yes. The more you wait for a title is a really sought after, the more price you have to pay (revaluation).
But "time" doesn't not take part of this ecuation, because of an easy fact than scalpers put the editions for sale right away after they make the editions sold-out, making up "there were a lot of demand".
The real problem is when you can't not buy the edition FROM the retailer (when DIRECT shipping option) because there were no enough stock - GB's are guilty of this matter, because GB host orders them IN ADVANCE (before pre-order time).
So there are only 2 options, as 3 used to be:
- Buying direct from the retailer.
- Buying from GB's whose takes the editions from the retailer, and cost "bit more" (fees)
- Buying from eBay, paying x2 or x3 the retailer prices.

As I said, GB are responsable to push people to buy from them, leaving the option "going DIRECT" voided.
Futhermore, considering that "demand" was demanded by those whose intentions was to sell them (offer them in the second market - supply for higher price),
it's not hard to think that the people who always have these editions to sell on EBay are the ones who had "priority access" to buy multiple editions.
AND, the more people join to GB's (more demand "in advance"), the more fees they have to ask for "securing a copy".
It's up to people who wanted to join to GB's. The bubble would soon burst.

So your explanation doesn't have much sense (under my opinion) for a market ruled by supply and demand, because the market is corrupt whenever somebody is manipulating both, supply and demand:
- Scalpers can join to multiple GB's. They may be even some GB runners or hosts.
- Scalpers firstly buy a lot of premium editions, as demand.
- They don't keep the edition for themselves but they try to put them in the second market to gain a big profit, considering the high demand (asked by themselves).
- High demand fed by the own people who wants to offer in the second market after the sold-out (scalpers)
- With the retailer supply to 0, the price went up as fast as the demand makes unavailable the purchase from the retailer.
- Once the market is manipulated (supply exhausted), they are "entitled" to sell their editions (multiple units purchased in different GB's) for higher prices and said: "supply and demand".
When it comes ot premiums (which is what the vast majority of group buys are for), the main sellers are from overseas. They're not buying from HDN and bluntly, as someone who has bought from them, they're not much more than buying direct and often cheaper than a group buy.
Everytime you see a price, the first hting you nee to do is ad 15% for ebay fees. If they're really selling a lot of stuff, then subtract 15% off the profit to pay taxes. Don't forget to allocate money for shipping materials.

But hey, if you don't like the system, get out there, buy multiple copies on multiple sites and sell them at cost (which will be a loss to you after fees) and be the Robinhood that you see yourself as. There have been few sets that I wanted that I didn't get via HDN, direct or at a reasonable markup on eBay. And if itwasn't for eBay, there are several things I wouldn't have at all.

TBH, the only place where what you speak of seems to apply is on WWA Best Buy releases that sell out quickly. Those often end up with fairly insane markups. I havne't looked, but I assume Dune is one of those, since it never ended up in store :(

The reality is if there's a gillian people selling a steelbook, the price is necessarily going to have a ceiling, because of competition. Nothing shows this like Spiderman Far From Home, where i paid 99 for an import (because the best buy version was 150 or more) and then the prices cratered when the steel was re-released. Then just when it was recovering enough for me to sell my import, they did it again and they cratered....I'm resigned to keeping it forever (as well as the identical USA reissue). That's supply/demand. There's no cornering of the market, unless you're talking strictly of items that sell out, but haven't actually been released. Then yes, the prices beocme insane...and they almost always come down to saner levels after the steels actually ship.

Wait, did this GB happen and I missed it!?

Oh wait, no. I actually survived #weetspideygate and got my OC through the GB without getting cancelled :naughty:

Reactions: Steely-Booked
When it comes ot premiums (which is what the vast majority of group buys are for), the main sellers are from overseas. They're not buying from HDN and bluntly, as someone who has bought from them, they're not much more than buying direct and often cheaper than a group buy.
Everytime you see a price, the first hting you nee to do is ad 15% for ebay fees. If they're really selling a lot of stuff, then subtract 15% off the profit to pay taxes. Don't forget to allocate money for shipping materials.

But hey, if you don't like the system, get out there, buy multiple copies on multiple sites and sell them at cost (which will be a loss to you after fees) and be the Robinhood that you see yourself as. There have been few sets that I wanted that I didn't get via HDN, direct or at a reasonable markup on eBay. And if itwasn't for eBay, there are several things I wouldn't have at all.

TBH, the only place where what you speak of seems to apply is on WWA Best Buy releases that sell out quickly. Those often end up with fairly insane markups. I havne't looked, but I assume Dune is one of those, since it never ended up in store :(

The reality is if there's a gillian people selling a steelbook, the price is necessarily going to have a ceiling, because of competition. Nothing shows this like Spiderman Far From Home, where i paid 99 for an import (because the best buy version was 150 or more) and then the prices cratered when the steel was re-released. Then just when it was recovering enough for me to sell my import, they did it again and they cratered....I'm resigned to keeping it forever (as well as the identical USA reissue). That's supply/demand. There's no cornering of the market, unless you're talking strictly of items that sell out, but haven't actually been released. Then yes, the prices beocme insane...and they almost always come down to saner levels after the steels actually ship.
Oops it should be subtract 15% for eBay fees and I was referring to spider-man homecoming, not far from home.

Was looking to see if there were reasonable Weet Copies of No Way Home (cuz I was shut out :( ) and my search turned up this one. My god, the price on the OC is fracking insane (some have allegedly sold for 2 grand). I just can't imagine spending that much for 3 movies (x2), but what do I know. I overpaid for the HDZ Tenet OC, because It hought it was already out...I got it weeks before the presale, but paid about 100 over what I could have paid by buying direct. Live and learn...didn't know people could get copies a month before the presale.

Was looking to see if there were reasonable Weet Copies of No Way Home (cuz I was shut out :( ) and my search turned up this one. My god, the price on the OC is fracking insane (some have allegedly sold for 2 grand). I just can't imagine spending that much for 3 movies (x2), but what do I know. I overpaid for the HDZ Tenet OC, because It hought it was already out...I got it weeks before the presale, but paid about 100 over what I could have paid by buying direct. Live and learn...didn't know people could get copies a month before the presale.
that's the spirit of collecting this stuff :ohno:
if you don't get what you want on release, you're fu**ed :angel:
from time to time, people offer all kinds of editions to reasonable prices, you've got to be patient

• Haha
Reactions: djjez83
I guess the change this comes back in stock like ant-man did is zero to none...
This set was from over a year ago, so def not coming back in stock. I have it, but if i didn’t, I’d live without it. There’s a limit to what I’ll spend, though if this goes up far enough i may just part with it..but for some reason I’m unwilling to part with mine even for 2k (probably 1500-1600 after fees but before shipping/taxes)…which is still likely 1100-1300 over what i paid).

This set was from over a year ago, so def not coming back in stock. I have it, but if i didn’t, I’d live without it. There’s a limit to what I’ll spend, though if this goes up far enough i may just part with it..but for some reason I’m unwilling to part with mine even for 2k (probably 1500-1600 after fees but before shipping/taxes)…which is still likely 1100-1300 over what i paid).
I was planning to order a copy but i thought it was today instead of yesterday

seems the steelbook itself is also sold out everywhere