Spider-Man (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (WeET Collection Exclusive No.09) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: July 29, 2021
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti - Box Set (Pre-order on July 23, at 2 PM - Korea time)
Price: $51.99 (Individual Editions) - $335 (Box Set)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Full Slip - Lenti - Box Set

Note: Total Print Run: 2,500 copies
Full Slip (Type A) (2disc: 4K UHD + BD) - 650 copies with Numbered Card
Lenti (Fullslip) (Type B) (2disc: 4K UHD + BD) - 850 copies with Numbered Card
Box Set - (1~500 Same Numbered 6 Single Editions + Magnet Lenticular)

220050537_4782255091809330_5170454416211917249_n.jpg212818103_4782248861809953_6507380514538649719_n.jpg214982135_4782250125143160_7221517523977201484_n.jpg
162061288_4419922441375932_2129398996228026933_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome but not for those prices, I don't get my money in the trash.
Those prices nowadays are mainly from scalpers, who originally bought as many editions as they could to put them on sale later (right after the sold-out).
And the way they get that many editions for selling is... (being who manages or hosts a GB, or people close to).

Reactions: Granada
Those prices nowadays are mainly from scalpers, who originally bought as many editions as they could to put them on sale later (right after the sold-out).
And the way they get that many editions for selling is... (being who manages or hosts a GB, or people close to).
If there were no scalpers, the prices would probably be higher, because then all the copies would be in the hands of collectors who’d want even more money to part with their grail. FFS, there’s only something like 15 30 (*) items being auctioned.

Look at what happens with Best Buy. I’ve seen steels that they had trouble giving away and now they’re selling for 2x MSRP. It’s all about supply and demand. The further away you get from the tIME they sold out, the more demand outstrips supply.

(*) I mistakenly thought this was the Amazing Spider-Man.

I fail to see why you don't do the same... There are plenty of GB's, which requires a small fee to ease your pain. I used to buy direct in the past but now I mainly use GB's and don't complain about scalpers on every single post... I mean, I hate them too but I know how to get past the problem...

ironic, given it's probably the worst Spider Man movie to date (unless there's some movie that predates these).
Oh, idk... i think SM3 and TASM2 are equally questionable. If there weren't so many cringe moments in SM3 it'd be a pretty great film.

Similarly if electro was so appallingly designed in TASM2, and if they tidied up that mess of teases that never turned out to be at the end, that would be too.

NWH did a fair bit to remedy the loose ends of both series' though imo, particularly TASM.

ironic, given it's probably the worst Spider Man movie to date (unless there's some movie that predates these).
Since when do we geeks collect steelbook editions solely on the quality of the movie? SM3 is not so good but also not so bad. And it's Spider-Man, after all. The edition is very well designed and put together. But I won't give up a testicle for it.

Since when do we geeks collect steelbook editions solely on the quality of the movie? SM3 is not so good but also not so bad. And it's Spider-Man, after all. The edition is very well designed and put together. But I won't give up a testicle for it.

Since market got oversaturated and prices went up :) Im sure lot of collectors are now more picky then years back

If there were no scalpers, the prices would probably be higher, because then all the copies would be in the hands of collectors who’d want even more money to part with their grail. FFS, there’s only something like 15 30 (*) items being auctioned.

Look at what happens with Best Buy. I’ve seen steels that they had trouble giving away and now they’re selling for 2x MSRP. It’s all about supply and demand. The further away you get from the tIME they sold out, the more demand outstrips supply.
Time matters, yes. The more you wait for a title is a really sought after, the more price you have to pay (revaluation).
But "time" doesn't not take part of this ecuation, because of an easy fact than scalpers put the editions for sale right away after they make the editions sold-out, making up "there were a lot of demand".
The real problem is when you can't not buy the edition FROM the retailer (when DIRECT shipping option) because there were no enough stock - GB's are guilty of this matter, because GB host orders them IN ADVANCE (before pre-order time).
So there are only 2 options, as 3 used to be:
- Buying direct from the retailer.
- Buying from GB's whose takes the editions from the retailer, and cost "bit more" (fees)
- Buying from eBay, paying x2 or x3 the retailer prices.

As I said, GB are responsable to push people to buy from them, leaving the option "going DIRECT" voided.
Futhermore, considering that "demand" was demanded by those whose intentions was to sell them (offer them in the second market - supply for higher price),
it's not hard to think that the people who always have these editions to sell on EBay are the ones who had "priority access" to buy multiple editions.
AND, the more people join to GB's (more demand "in advance"), the more fees they have to ask for "securing a copy".
It's up to people who wanted to join to GB's. The bubble would soon burst.

So your explanation doesn't have much sense (under my opinion) for a market ruled by supply and demand, because the market is corrupt whenever somebody is manipulating both, supply and demand:
- Scalpers can join to multiple GB's. They may be even some GB runners or hosts.
- Scalpers firstly buy a lot of premium editions, as demand.
- They don't keep the edition for themselves but they try to put them in the second market to gain a big profit, considering the high demand (asked by themselves).
- High demand fed by the own people who wants to offer in the second market after the sold-out (scalpers)
- With the retailer supply to 0, the price went up as fast as the demand makes unavailable the purchase from the retailer.
- Once the market is manipulated (supply exhausted), they are "entitled" to sell their editions (multiple units purchased in different GB's) for higher prices and said: "supply and demand".

Reactions: Granada
I fail to see why you don't do the same... There are plenty of GB's, which requires a small fee to ease your pain. I used to buy direct in the past but now I mainly use GB's and don't complain about scalpers on every single post... I mean, I hate them too but I know how to get past the problem...
The real problem is when you can't not buy the edition FROM the retailer (when DIRECT shipping option) because there were no enough stock - GB's are guilty of this matter, because GB host orders them IN ADVANCE (before pre-order time).
So there are only 2 options, as 3 used to be:
- Buying direct from the retailer.
- Buying from GB's whose takes the editions from the retailer, and cost "bit more" (fees)
- Buying from eBay, paying x2 or x3 the retailer prices.

As I said, GB are responsable to push people to buy from them, leaving the option "going DIRECT" voided.
Futhermore, considering that "demand" was demanded by those whose intentions was to sell them (offer them in the second market - supply for higher price),
it's not hard to think that the people who always have these editions to sell on EBay are the ones who had "priority access" to buy multiple editions.
AND, the more people join to GB's (more demand "in advance"), the more fees they have to ask for "securing a copy".
It's up to people who wanted to join to GB's. The bubble would soon burst.