Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 5, 2023
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $32.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6546827_sd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched that video early this morning I would not not go by what he says

He might not know the difference between satin and matte finish

He only done 1 video to date on youtube

So because he's done 1 video he doesn't know what he's talking about? You don't think it's possible he's collected steelbooks for years and that's just his first video? You realise that's possible don't you? Just because that's his first video it doesn't mean he was only born yesterday

What we do know is steelbook.com have countless times provided wrong information on their website

I don’t trust YouTubers or steelbook.com when it comes to steelbook finishes. How you like them apples

This does look matte tho. But the part with the turn table is so dark it’s hard to tell.

I think "satin" in the US is essentially matte. The blue version is matte, which should mean that the orange variant is spot gloss (according to Scanavo). I haven't seen any open shots of it yet.

I think "satin" in the US is essentially matte. Blue version is matte, which should mean the orange one is spot gloss (according to Scanavo). I haven't seen any open shots of it yet.
Satin is similar in brightness to matte varnish. but they are a different varnish
A lot confuse SteelBooks with a Satin finish as been Matte has be happening for years
USA SteelBook releases has been either Matte or Satin or Spot Gloss or Full Gloss varnish used

Some USA SteelBook releases was made in Europe Denmark and released worldwide that's why some releases in USA had a matte finish

It will depend on where a SteelBook was manfactured as in Europe or USA

Matte Finish is Europe only
Satin Finish is USA only

Scanavo website list the finish as Satin for the Best Buy SteelBook as it was manfactured in North America

USA
Best Buy SteelBook is a satin finish (lot confuse as matte)

Walmart SteelBook is a spot gloss finish
Photos on BD forum you can see the spot gloss

So Scanavo info correct

I got this yesterday, love the artwork, not the perfect finished for the Steelbook but a nice generic one before something premium then I’ll just give it away to my nephew:)