PS4 Spider-Man Collector's Edition

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: September 7, 2018
Price: $149.99 | £129.99-£59.99 (full collectors set, or just steelbook)
Purchase links: Gamestop | Best Buy | GAME
39409295180_09dbb01415_b.jpg

Last edited:
Steelbook is flat but seems glossy?

by the way, do not look at the photo if you do not want to spoil yourself, as it also shows the statue that devs said could spoil players

so check it at your own risk

MHKBIAY.jpg

Steelbook is flat but seems glossy?

by the way, do not look at the photo if you do not want to spoil yourself, as it also shows the statue that devs said could spoil players

so check it at your own risk

MHKBIAY.jpg

It's late so apologises for sounding like an idiot on this but what's spoiler like with that?

I'm pretty dissapointed with it to be honest, I thought it was going to be huge epic statue.

according to the devs, the stand can spoil

Huh...they showed the Sinister Six off at E3 and all of the trailers. It’s common knowledge.

Anyway I’m cancelling this, looks pretty bad for the price, really small aswell. I was expecting a Halo Reach like statue

Just seen an unboxing vid. Yep, no title on the spine :dizzy:

I ordered the Special edition so i hope that the box is nice and sturdy like G.O.W. If thats the case then i will be a happy chappy.

Just seen an unboxing vid. Yep, no title on the spine :dizzy:

I ordered the Special edition so i hope that the box is nice and sturdy like G.O.W. If thats the case then i will be a happy chappy.

It's funny I got the God of War Limited Edition and they are nice sturdy little packages, even though I'm gutted I missed out on the collectors edition it made me feel better knowing I had that instead. If someone collected every Sony limited edition they've done like that they'd have a nice collection going.

The UK limited edition is very disapointing.

The finish on the steelbook is, fine, nothing special, but not bad, but with a solid red back. And no spine title wtf is this 2011? How much more would a few drops of white ink cost to put a title there?

The outer box is bad. It's way way too big. I was hoping for a slip box, like the GOW one, but this is twice that size and completely encloses the steelbook and artbook.

And to cap it all, the regular steelbook you can get without the LE has the same art from the front on the back, and actual art on the front. Wish I hadn't bothered with this.

• Thanks
Reactions: Robsonmonkey
Just picked the steelbook version up and to say I’m hugely disappointed is a massive understatement

Fuming at how the steel looks. I thought it had a spidey image on it. Swear I see pics.

F*cking angry at how crap it looks and no spine title. Shocking

The finish on the steelbook is, fine, nothing special, but not bad, but with a solid red back. And no spine title wtf is this 2011? How much more would a few drops of white ink cost to put a title there?

The outer box is bad. It's way way too big. I was hoping for a slip box, like the GOW one, but this is twice that size and completely encloses the steelbook and artbook.

And to cap it all, the regular steelbook you can get without the LE has the same art from the front on the back, and actual art on the front. Wish I hadn't bothered with this.

The size of it is a joke, I was also hoping it would be the same same size as UC4, Bloodborne, HZD and GoW.

The size of it is a joke, I was also hoping it would be the same same size as UC4, Bloodborne, HZD and GoW.

exactly my thought. Or at the very least, they should have made it DVD size (like Assassin's Creed Syndicate, even on PS4 the outter box is DVD sized, because it was released on PS3/X360 too) but this Spiderman special edition, the size is ridiculous, I can't even put it on my shelf, I am actually thinking about returning it for refund

Testify

dPJpYxv.gif

No but seriously, I honestly thought it was going to be like the God of War one...like they could have done that, doesn't Sony make these decisions being exclusive made games under their publishing? If I was them I would have made sure that all first party games or exclusives would follow the same limited edition package to give collectors a nice little collection.

Like I've said before that "red background and white Spiderman logo" is plastered on EVERYTHING. They could have added a bit of blue into the mix at least but like I've said hundreds of times the Steelbook art should always be better then the standard box art. How could they do a steelbook with no spine and a basic background.

The collectors and limited editions have had no thought or love put behind them, you can just feel it when you look at them as sad and weird as it sounds.

Wait so you can actually get the steel with the art on the front?

Wait so you can actually get the steel with the art on the front?

You could. Shopto had it and it has actual Spidey art on the front. My friend sent me pics of his. They sold out on release day though. I've been trying to get it as it looks much better but Shipto have said it is properly sold out now.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
It seems to be all over ebay. If it had a spine title I'd get one, but as is it's not enough of an improvement to bother with.

I wish I'd gotten one of those Rami Spider-Man steels when they were cheap, I could have swapped the spine over. I have the trilogy steel so I didn't bother.

Anyone have the Steelbook with the Spidey art on the front? I would like to know the finish, is it pure matte or can I expect some zero finish/gloss?