Spider-Man: Homecoming - In theaters July 7, 2017

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Spider-Man: Homecoming

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Jon Watts[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: Tom Holland, Robert Downey Jr. Marisa Tomei, Michael Keaton, Zendaya, Donald Glover and more...

Plot: Following the events of Capitain America: Civil War, Peter Parker attempts to balance his life in high school with his career as the web-slinging superhero Spider-Man. [/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
kY2c7wKgOfQjvbqe7yVzLTYkxJO.jpg
[/spoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
54d93e7042a10.jpg

Sony Pictures Entertainment Brings Marvel Studios Into The Amazing World Of Spider-Man

New Spider-Man Will Appear First in an Upcoming Marvel Film Within Marvel’s Cinematic Universe.

Marvel's Kevin Feige to Produce Next Installment of the Spider-Man Franchise with Amy Pascal

(Culver City, California, and Burbank, California February 09, 2015) – Sony Pictures Entertainment and Marvel Studios announced today that Sony is bringing Marvel into the amazing world of Spider-Man.

Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel's Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger. Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

Marvel and Sony Pictures are also exploring opportunities to integrate characters from the MCU into future Spider-Man films.

The new relationship follows a decade of speculation among fans about whether Spider-Man – who has always been an integral and important part of the larger Marvel Universe in the comic books – could become part of the Marvel Universe on the big screen. Spider-Man has more than 50 years of history in Marvel's world, and with this deal, fans will be able to experience Spider-Man taking his rightful place among other Super Heroes in the MCU.

Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company said: "Spider-Man is one of Marvel's great characters, beloved around the world. We're thrilled to work with Sony Pictures to bring the iconic web-slinger into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which opens up fantastic new opportunities for storytelling and franchise building."

"We always want to collaborate with the best and most successful filmmakers to grow our franchises and develop our characters. Marvel, Kevin Feige and Amy, who helped orchestrate this deal, are the perfect team to help produce the next chapter of Spider-Man," said Michael Lynton, Chairman and CEO of Sony Pictures Entertainment. "This is the right decision for the franchise, for our business, for Marvel, and for the fans."

"Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios share a love for the characters in the Spider-Man universe and have a long, successful history of working together. This new level of collaboration is the perfect way to take Peter Parker's story into the future," added Doug Belgrad, president, Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group.

"I am thrilled to team with my friends at Sony Pictures along with Amy Pascal to produce the next Spider-Man movie," said Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige. "Amy has been deeply involved in the realization on film of one of the world’s most beloved characters. Marvel's involvement will hopefully deliver the creative continuity and authenticity that fans demand from the MCU. I am equally excited for the opportunity to have Spider-Man appear in the MCU, something which both we at Marvel, and fans alike, have been looking forward to for years."

Spider-Man, embraced all over the world, is the most successful franchise in the history of Sony Pictures, with the five films having taken in more than $4 billion worldwide.

via Marvel

Over the past couple days, an interesting but vague story has been circulating about Marvel's plans for The Avengers 3. While there have been rumors that it might be split into two films, the contracts for the actors would make that tricky since most of them don't have enough films left in their contracts to fulfill a two-film split like that. But word on the street is that most of the heroes we've seen in The Avengers so far won't appear in the third assembly of the team, and that they're being saved for something else after that. Details are still too vague to really speculate on what that could happen with Avengers 3, but talks of someone big swinging into the Marvel cinematic universe could shake things up even more, but in a good way. Read on!

It's no secret that The Amazing Spider-Man franchise isn't doing as well as Sony Pictures had hoped. They've already delayed the third film in the franchise so they have time to rework the script and figure out what needs to be done to save Spidey. Well, one of the options seems to be finally teaming up with Marvel to share Spider-Man. HitFix has a story (which they caution couldn't be solidly verified yet) saying that Sony has had discussions with Marvel about opening up the availability of Spider-Man so that they can both use the webslinger on the big screen. Yes, we could see Spider-Man join The Avengers after all.

As of now, this is nothing more than a rumor, and even if it's true, there are only discussions and no solid plans yet. But still, the prospect of Marvel being able to play with one of their more popular characters in the big screen comic book sandbox they've created has our mouths watering. This would be a smart move for Sony, who would benefit from the character's popularity being reinvigorated by joining one of the most successful film franchises of all-time, and for Marvel, so gets to expand their world even more. This would be an incredible win for everyone involved, so let's hope that a deal comes together.

Source

It seems to me that this deal needs to happen sooner rather than later, if they want to be able to more easily integrate the existing spider-man universe in to the MCU. For me that would be ideal, but it really seems unlikely now after Marvel announced their movie slate. Also what a moment it would be if they can somehow work him into civil war.

Weaving the sony films into the MCU would be the way to go because if people hear reboot again, i think you lose alot. Also, this is just wishful thinking....

This would be a great collaboration between Sony and Marvel. It just makes too much sense to do it. Hopefully, it happens.

I truly doubt this is going to happen. I think Black Panther is going to fill Spider-Man's shoes in Civil War.

From news tid-bits today...

"The recent Sony hacks have brought to light a lot of interesting and provoking information, chief among them for movie fans, discussion about the ol' webhead appearing in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. One such deal in discussion would include Marvel Studios producing new Spider-Man films while Sony Pictures retains creative control, marketing and distribution. This also would have included an appearance of Spider-Man in CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR. Those familiar with the comics know that Spider-Man was an integral figure, caught between Iron Man's pro-registration act and Captain America's fight for equality. This eventually results in Spider-Man revealing his identity to the world. The talks between Sony and Marvel ended up being just that, with no deal struck and Sony retaining the sole rights to producing Spider-Man films."

Considering the source, I still take that info with a grain of salt, even though it is exactly what I would expect in reality.

Reactions: bluray hunter
Honestly I just can't wait until all the marvel characters are back to marvel. I am patient. But this would be a great start.

**** Sony... give Spidey back to Marvel outright, end of story. Doubtful it happens but its what a lot of people want. Now X-Men I can live with it remaining with Fox... they have done a damn solid job building that universe on screen but please give the Fantastic 4 back to Marvel as well. And stop re-booting stuff every year, plan things ahead properly with actor contracts and movie planning like Marvel is doing, it really is boring to watch the same movie over again (even if i am guilty of watching them, lol).

Reactions: Basil and nefilim
**** Sony... give Spidey back to Marvel outright, end of story. Doubtful it happens but its what a lot of people want. Now X-Men I can live with it remaining with Fox... they have done a damn solid job building that universe on screen but please give the Fantastic 4 back to Marvel as well. And stop re-booting stuff every year, plan things ahead properly with actor contracts and movie planning like Marvel is doing, it really is boring to watch the same movie over again (even if i am guilty of watching them, lol).

:thumbs:

...and sonys latest fantastic four is gonna suck big time !

Reactions: Jason Bourne
Reactions: Scary Hair
sorry i'm goona be hated for this, but not another fooking spidey flick had too many. question is how many times can they do the same film its boring now!!!! they tried rebooting and people still suck this tosh up, an opionon but it is mine.

Spiderman 2002
Spiderman 2 2004
Spiderman 3 2007
The Amazing Spider-Man 2012
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 2014
The Amazing Spider-Man 3 2018
The Amazing Spider-Man 4 20??

basil :woot:
I agree mate. He's not even a great marvel superhero IMO. Don't shoot me down I flames on this one. The only thing that makes his comic interesting is the villains. Although saying that , if anyone could make this dull character more interesting it's Marvel Studio's!

Reactions: Scary Hair
From Latino-Review.com:

Spider-Man to Reportedly Join the Avengers for Marvel’s Infinity War – Part 1 in 2018

"… we’ll see an MCU Spider-Man in Infinity Wars Part 1, as that was the next logical place to insert him after they missed the window to logically include him in Civil War."

On a personal note; A lot can change in 3 years! As I said above, I'll believe it when I see it!

Sony Pictures Entertainment Brings Marvel Studios Into The Amazing World Of Spider-Man
New Spider-Man Will Appear First in an Upcoming Marvel Film Within Marvel’s Cinematic Universe

(Culver City, California, and Burbank, California February 09, 2015) – Sony Pictures Entertainment and Marvel Studios announced today that Sony is bringing Marvel into the amazing world of Spider-Man.

Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel's Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger. Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

Marvel and Sony Pictures are also exploring opportunities to integrate characters from the MCU into future Spider-Man films.

The new relationship follows a decade of speculation among fans about whether Spider-Man – who has always been an integral and important part of the larger Marvel Universe in the comic books – could become part of the Marvel Universe on the big screen. Spider-Man has more than 50 years of history in Marvel's world, and with this deal, fans will be able to experience Spider-Man taking his rightful place among other Super Heroes in the MCU.

Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company said: "Spider-Man is one of Marvel's great characters, beloved around the world. We're thrilled to work with Sony Pictures to bring the iconic web-slinger into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which opens up fantastic new opportunities for storytelling and franchise building."

"We always want to collaborate with the best and most successful filmmakers to grow our franchises and develop our characters. Marvel, Kevin Feige and Amy, who helped orchestrate this deal, are the perfect team to help produce the next chapter of Spider-Man," said Michael Lynton, Chairman and CEO of Sony Pictures Entertainment. "This is the right decision for the franchise, for our business, for Marvel, and for the fans."

"Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios share a love for the characters in the Spider-Man universe and have a long, successful history of working together. This new level of collaboration is the perfect way to take Peter Parker's story into the future," added Doug Belgrad, president, Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group.

"I am thrilled to team with my friends at Sony Pictures along with Amy Pascal to produce the next Spider-Man movie," said Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige. "Amy has been deeply involved in the realization on film of one of the world’s most beloved characters. Marvel's involvement will hopefully deliver the creative continuity and authenticity that fans demand from the MCU. I am equally excited for the opportunity to have Spider-Man appear in the MCU, something which both we at Marvel, and fans alike, have been looking forward to for years."

Spider-Man, embraced all over the world, is the most successful franchise in the history of Sony Pictures, with the five films having taken in more than $4 billion worldwide.