PS4 Spider-Man SteelBook [UK]

Wait so you prefer the one without the spidey logo on front?
(The one I got and display with rear spidey logo outward)

Yes, I prefer the front with Spidey Art on the front in a dynamic pose over the bland, boring $150 steel with spidey logo on front and all plain red back that has nothing on it at all. That is super lazy and the logo is already plastered everywhere and I dont need it on the front of the steel as well as nothing was done to the back at all. (SMH)

This steel with the art work you get the best of both worlds by having the logo on the back where if anything it should be and the amazing art on the front... Steels are meant to display beautiful colorful art work by having the mettalic material really making it shine versus a logo that is on every part of the product is simply boring and not meant for a steel!

I don’t understand the people that like simple logo’s on a steel when steelbooks are meant for vivid art work! Honestly, if peeps want a case with just a simple logo then get a plastic case with the logo on it because just having a logo on a steelbook is lazy and very uncreative. At least having the logo on the back and having art work on the front is better then the $150 collector edition just having the logo only with an all red back is really Whack!

Go figure, the seel with art work is given away as a pre order bonus as well as sold after the release as a free gift with purchase of the game in European countries and the crappy all red back steel is the one included in the $150 collectors edition and I still cant understand that decision these game companies make.

Obviously, the product will still sell because Spidey is super popular, but they should have went the regular mile to make this much, much better and instead went the lazy I dont care route because it will sell anyway. So screw Sony and Insomniac games for creating the worst game steelbook ever for the highest priced version of their game and offering the more detailed steel to the east as a free bonus.

I would FIRE every steelbook designer for 95% of the Game studios and Hire Fans from here that always make way better Fan made mock ups then what these so called professionals create... They should go back to design school and learn simplicity on steelbooks is GARBAGE! Please, take the time to complain to Sony and let them know they suck for making such a boring lazy steel and maybe the more that know better steels were offered for a bonus im sure more would feel like I feel; cheated on the low quality effort put into an $150 Collector edtion steelbook.

Those designers should be making simple ads for household products since they clearly cant design a well thought out steelbook that catches the eye to the masses and a simple logo plastered everywhere is not the soulution.

Last edited:
I have the UK steel, rear on display.
It’s nice to have the artwork on the front but would rather the logo.
Mind you, a bit of embOssining or gloss would have made it perfect.

Am one that’s prefers minimal, simple, artworks, for most. But often the better art(better in my opinion) end up on the rear. Sometimes, I like logo’s, for things as iconic as this, Avengers or Batman. For case of logo’s looking superb, check out the Asian Lion King(Taiwan and another country did he release....its still my fave complete steelbook. Perfect art, embossing etc)
I don’t mind specific artwork on steels, it doesn’t have to be a logo to be nice, minimal and clean looking, WeeT managed it with Civil War recently(well, last year).
Only busy artworks i’ve liked are the Ragnorok, Black Panther and Infinity War Blufans. Usually, I prefer the WWA Marvels vs Blufans. Doctor Strange was a tie as I love both(need to rebuy the WWA eventually)