Star Trek Beyond (Blu-ray SteelBook) (OAB #26 - Blufans) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: Mid September 2017
Group buy: Hosted by cooey, One Click - Double Lenti
Notes:
Double Lenticular Slip Edition (Jayla steelbook) includes: 2 discs (3D+2D), a photo booklet, limited to 500 copies.
Full Slip Edition (Exclusive movie artwork for the Chinese market) includes: 2 discs (2D+Bonus Disc), a set of 7 art cards, limited to 300 copies.
One click box set will have the 2 Editions in a special designed box, with a bonus of 3 movie posters.

141130x7rk3tqlrtoteonk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame hearing about the fullslip, as their recent full slips have been excellent (especially Force Awakens)
I know. The reason I went for the 1click is to get the full Slip. It's still hit and miss with BF Full Slips. AoU, TFA were amazing!

Shame hearing about the fullslip, as their recent full slips have been excellent (especially Force Awakens)

I know. The reason I went for the 1click is to get the full Slip. It's still hit and miss with BF Full Slips. AoU, TFA were amazing!

I thought for The Fullslip of Star Wars: TFA that there was some nice texture done to the front of the Fullslip, However I feel that the Back of the Slip should have been addressed with some sort of treatment especially with the Orange Glowing Sun ''Spot Holofoil'' could have been perfect. Any other Retailer would have done some sort of treatment to the back Artwork. I just feel that a Fullslip needs to be Fully addressed as both Front and Back Art are important. It could have been just a small touch, but something should have been done.

@cooey @Mickle_89

MINE HAS ARRIVED!!!!! Arrived today with Gran Turismo Sport special edition which comes with a steelbook, so good day today.

Mickle, my doesn't seem to have the ripples and bumps. I haven't yet taken off the plastic, but running fingers over it I can't feel any variation in flatness that would indicate ripples and bumps. Smooth as an androids bottom huh Data?!

There is one area you can see under the sticker on front where you can see where a staple is located to keep the box together but that is no big deal.

Now I just need to decide when to open this bad boy!! Cheers Cooey for the GB.

IMG_5400.JPG
IMG_5401.JPG

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89 and cooey
Got mine today too, actually very pleased with it. The box (whilst not great) certainly isn't as bad as the comments made and I actually really like the full slip. The double lenti is superb and it's nice to have both variants of the steelbook. Goes perfectly with my Star Trek Into Darkness one click :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Gabrielyo
Got mine today too, actually very pleased with it. The box (whilst not great) certainly isn't as bad as the comments made and I actually really like the full slip. The double lenti is superb and it's nice to have both variants of the steelbook. Goes perfectly with my Star Trek Into Darkness one click :D

Despite its flaws, it is a Great Release. Did you see the Character Cards within the Fullslip edition ?
Other Than the Character Cards in the ''Doctor Strange Single Edition'' which are the best ones I have ever seen, the Finish and Quality on Both of them beats all other retailers. Blufans are stepping up for their Bonus items :oohyeah:

Certainly did @Actarus

Like I said, I think there's been a bit of unfairness with this release, although my box does not have any of the warping or wrapping issues that some have mentioned. Could it have been better? Yeah of course. Could it have been worse? Easily!

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
@cooey @Mickle_89

MINE HAS ARRIVED!!!!! Arrived today with Gran Turismo Sport special edition which comes with a steelbook, so good day today.

Mickle, my doesn't seem to have the ripples and bumps. I haven't yet taken off the plastic, but running fingers over it I can't feel any variation in flatness that would indicate ripples and bumps. Smooth as an androids bottom huh Data?!

There is one area you can see under the sticker on front where you can see where a staple is located to keep the box together but that is no big deal.

Now I just need to decide when to open this bad boy!! Cheers Cooey for the GB.

View attachment 339735
View attachment 339736
Congrats mate. Glad you're pleased with it :thumbs:

Maybe a bit harsh of me to compare to an FAC HardBox, but that seriously came to mind when I first saw live pics :wacky:

The lenti looks awesome and I coulda/shoulda picked that one up :facepalm: However, I passed on this release entirely as there's just waaay to much other stuff taking my fancy atm :hungry: But seriously, that visible staple is pretty lousy, IMHO. Seems quite amateurish (especially for Blufans) and something obviously avoidable with careful due care and attention ;)

The fullslip artwork looks really nice but a lack of finish is disappointing :meh: Do Blufans only make real effort with WEA maybe? I own their Doctor Strange Box and even with a simple smooth gloss finish and subtle embossing (talking about the box itself here) looks miles ahead of this in terms of quality... :drool:

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and Actarus
Congrats mate. Glad you're pleased with it :thumbs:

Maybe a bit harsh of me to compare to an FAC HardBox, but that seriously came to mind when I first saw live pics :wacky:

The lenti looks awesome and I coulda/shoulda picked that one up :facepalm: However, I passed on this release entirely as there's just waaay to much other stuff taking my fancy atm :hungry: But seriously, that visible staple is pretty lousy, IMHO. Seems quite amateurish (especially for Blufans) and something obviously avoidable with careful due care and attention ;)

The fullslip artwork looks really nice but a lack of finish is disappointing :meh: Do Blufans only make real effort with WEA maybe? I own their Doctor Strange Box and even with a simple smooth gloss finish and subtle embossing (talking about the box itself here) looks miles ahead of this in terms of quality... :drool:

Doctor Strange Release is Perfect in Everyway, I believe that it is the Best Blufans Release Ever...don't get me wrong there's some worthy to be following right behind but for me it's just an Insane of a Package :drool:

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and Mickle_89
Does anyone know if there's a tracking spreadsheet available somewhere for those participating in the GB?

Thanks for the PM. :happy:

Last edited:
Mine arrived without any weird bumps on the box. Not sure which one it is, but I think the discs in the lenticular one are loose. I bought an extra lenticular, so I might swap them and sell the one with the loose discs. It's too bad that you can see the staples on every box - I've never seen such a thing before.

Mine arrived without any weird bumps on the box. Not sure which one it is, but I think the discs in the lenticular one are loose. I bought an extra lenticular, so I might swap them and sell the one with the loose discs. It's too bad that you can see the staples on every box - I've never seen such a thing before.

Just Open it up and put the Disks back in the disk holder ;) ...and enjoy your copy !!!

• Thanks
Reactions: MM3
It's not that I don't enjoy my steelbooks - I'm just worried the discs might be scratched. Am I just being picky?

Blu-rays are pretty cool in that they’ve got that special coating DVDs don’t have that makes them a lot more scratch resistant. Personally I’ve had no issues with loose discs being scratched but if for some reason they are you could always source an amaray copy for change and swap the discs in. It’d cost you way less too.

• Thanks
Reactions: MM3 and Actarus
It's not that I don't enjoy my steelbooks - I'm just worried the discs might be scratched. Am I just being picky?

I am Very OCD and with Loose Disks I had the same concerns as you with being worried of them being Scratched...
but I never have any damage done to the disk in that regards when I inspect the disk once I open my copy.
I would be really surprised if the Disks were to be scratched. Then again you must do what feels comfortable for you ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: MM3