Upcoming Star Trek: Discovery (Season 5) [Paramount+]

SteelCollz

Premium Supporter
May 25, 2015
Germany
Premiering in January 2017, CBS is developing a new series for the popular Star Trek franchise and will also be globally distributing. More info to follow.

"The brand-new Star Trek will introduce new characters seeking imaginative new worlds and new civilizations, while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966."

As announced here: New Star Trek Series Premieres January 2017

Executive Producers: Alex Kurtzman, Heather Kadin
Alex Kurtzman will serve as executive producer for the new Star Trek TV series. Kurtzman co-wrote and produced the blockbuster films Star Trek (2009) with Roberto Orci, and Star Trek Into Darkness (2013) with Orci and Damon Lindelof. Both films were produced and directed by J.J. Abrams.

The new series will be produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Kurtzman’s Secret Hideout. Kurtzman and Heather Kadin will serve as executive producers. Kurtzman is also an executive producer for the hit CBS television series Scorpion and Limitless, along with Kadin and Orci, and for Hawaii Five-0 with Orci. (Source: startrek.com)

discovery.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else watch the season 2 premiere yet?

Gosh I love this show! Its so great!
Anson Mount as Pike is a fantastic addition.

I'm honestly not that sad about them cancelling the films. This is just as good or better.

Seeing Michelle Yeoh being a badass is oddly...satisfying. I'm glad that she's still around. Can't wait for mid-October!

Anybody else watch the Season 3 Premiere this week?
I thought it was fantastic and a nice new direction for the series.

Also saw that it was renewed for a season 4! :)

Hope it’s better than last season. I liked the first 3 seasons and I had high expectations for S4, but it was slog. Hopefully the entire trill storyline is forever dead. Some of the worst writing I’ve seen in Trek. I’m not sure the season was as bad as a typical Voyager episode (my least favorite Trek), but definitely the worst I’ve seen post Voyager (Though I kinda recall the first few seasons of Enterprise being pretty bad too…sadly the last season was great, so of course they cancelled it).