Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (Director's Cut) (Blu-ray Slipcover w/ Mondo artwork) [USA]

blumaster

Premium Supporter
Mar 12, 2012
Omaha
Release date: June 7, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon
Price: $22.98

Artwork by Tyler Stout/tstout.com

stoutwrath.jpg

Further Details:
Paramount Home Media Distribution has announced the Director's Edition Blu-ray Combo Pack release of Nicolas Meyer's
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

The new collection will include:
  • Director’s Edition in high definition
  • Theatrical Version in high definition
  • Commentary by director Nicholas Meyer (Director’s Edition & Theatrical Version)
  • Commentary by director Nicholas Meyer and Manny Coto (Theatrical Version)
  • Text Commentary by Michael and Denise Okuda (Director’s Edition)
  • Library Computer (Theatrical Version)
  • The Genesis Effect: Engineering The Wrath of Khan (NEW)
  • Production:
    • Captain’s Log
    • Designing Khan
    • Original interviews with DeForest Kelley, William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy and Ricardo Montalban
    • Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Visual Effects of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
    • James Horner: Composing Genesis
  • The Star Trek Universe
    • Collecting Star Trek’s Movie Relics
    • A Novel Approach
    • Starfleet Academy: The Mystery Behind Ceti Alpha VI
  • Farewell: A Tribute to Ricardo Montalban
  • Storyboards
  • Theatrical Trailer

Last edited by a moderator:
The great thing about threads is that they can be merged.

I noticed those, but waiting for your confirmation first that it definitely isn't a steelbook.

(and by the way, if they are just doing Mondo slips now, that'll make me sad).

I have no interest in this particular movie but I agree it'd be disappointing if moving forward, we'd see slips only instead of steels when it comes to Mondo artwork.

Are Paramount Home Media Distribution in charge of all Star Trek releases? Can we not petition these guys to release Mondo art steelbooks? They clearly have some working relationship/license if they are producing this slipcover vesion. Heck, even if we petitioned for original motion picture posters as steelbooks that would be worthwhile.

As for this release, I'm really happy to finally see the Directors Cut get a blu ray release and with some great extras. I'm not so happy that I haven't seen anything relating to this being released in the UK. Hoping we get a release, otherwise I'll have to hope US/Can get a region free release.

I've met Khan's right hand man Joachim, played by Judson Scott. Before I had the previous WoK steelbook release I managed to get my amaray insert cover signed. Judson was such a nice guy and when I asked him about Ricardo Montalban, he had nothing but nice things to say. This amaray is one of my most prized regular blu rays and I'm so glad to have met at least the closest of Khan's people, without ever being able to meet Khan himself.
.IMG_4540.JPG

I've met Khan's right hand man Joachim, played by Judson Scott. Judson was such a nice guy and when I asked him about Ricardo Montalban, he had nothing but nice things to say. This amaray is one of my most prized regular blu rays and I'm so glad to have met at least the closest of Khan's people, without ever being able to meet Khan himself.
.View attachment 236484
Cool! He was awesome!
image.jpeg

Reactions: TheJoker
Don't all of the Mondo X releases have the Mondo logo plus series number at the top of the spine? This looks like just a bluray release using Mondo art, not an actual Mondo X release.

Don't all of the Mondo X releases have the Mondo logo plus series number at the top of the spine? This looks like just a bluray release using Mondo art, not an actual Mondo X release.
It isn't part of the Mondo X line. We are still awaiting confirmation to see exactly what it is, we will then put it in the appropriate section.:)

Reactions: RekLess
Would it be too much to hope for either a steelbook containing both the new blu-ray version and a 4k version or even a deluxe box set like the forthcoming Iron Giant with 4k and 2k version as well as book and extras. It would be a best seller certainly among Star Trek fans and probably the only one in the series you could do it with. Ah well we can always dream!.